Chef Mickey's is really that bad?

I agree with PP's who say go and try it for yourself. I'm one of those people who lets others opinions go in one ear and out the other. I would rather experience it myself and make my own decision. Had I listened to the boards I would have missed out on 3 really good experiences at Chef Mickey's. And Chef Mickey's is still my DS18 favorite place to eat at WDW.

we enjoy the breakfast offerings - haven't been for brunch and didn't particularly care for the dinner offerings at all.

I've only been for breakfast. If you have kids it's probably the coolest way to start a Magic Kingdom day. A bit chaotic and overpriced but isn't everything at Disney?

I've only been for breakfast. If you have kids it's probably the coolest way to start a Magic Kingdom day. A bit chaotic and overpriced but isn't everything at Disney?
We have no kids, just 3 adults... well, actually I'm the kid of the group lol
I'm 31 but at Disney I feel like I'm 6 :yay:
and I 100% agree with you about everything at Disney been overpriced... so it's just ONE MORE thing to the list :confused3

The same thing happened to us. We read so many bad reviews that we didn't go for years. We finally went last year (a party of 10) and everyone enjoyed it. We went for breakfast and since it was late - in the middle of the meal it changed to lunch food. So we got to eat both. I really enjoyed breakfast. I would do it. Although our best buffet on property is Boma - but it is not a character meal.

I mean I hate the restaurant. Nothing "contemporary" about it. It feels like you're dining at a Discovery Zone in the 90's. But the lobster mac & cheese was delicious. :confused3

I think it was mentioned on one of the best and worst podcasts that Chef Mickey's typically polls as one of the best and one of the worst. Very similar to what we've seen here on this thread, people tend to love it or hate it. CM is worth a peek for anyone who hasn't been there in order to decide which of the warring camps one wants to join. :)

Another Chef Mickey's fan here. We eat there every trip. It is pretty sentimental to us as we stayed at the Contemporary on our honeymoon. We ate there twice that year. Prior to our trip a couple weeks ago we had only done dinner there. This time we tried lunch and we really enjoyed it. On our next trip we have breakfast booked.

We went for breakfast in 2011. It was breakfast....not spectacular and nothing special but the usual Disney breakfast fare including the Mickey waffles, eggs, fruit, breakfast meats, salad, etc. They did a Mickey Mouse march around the restaurant and everyone waved their napkins. We had a lot of fun. Plus, I like sitting in that atrium and watching the monorail go by! :)

Like others have said, you really have to try it out to know if you'll like it. Opinions on here are just opinions. Example, lots of folks rave about LTT in MK. We went finally last trip and it was the worst meal I've ever had on Disney property. So, my opinion is not reflective of many others. etc etc.

We liked it. The interaction was fantastic and the food was good. We did a midweek dinner when we were in MK. So nice to get out of the park and relax a little. We actually walked to the Contempory and monorailed back.

We're 3 adults, can we take pictures individually like we do in the parks? or it has to be group pictures?
is there any Disney Photographer (memory maker) or do we have to use our cellphones?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter