Chef Mickeys without PS

2disneyagain

Earning My Ears
Does anybody know how difficult it would be to get into Chef Mickey's without a PS. We have been so busy that we didn't call and now we can't seem to get anything. I didn't know if it was worth going and waiting for a seat if that is even possible. We always do either breakfast or dinner there and a trip to WDW isn't the same without eating at Chef Mickey's.

All the times I've been they were so busy that walk ups were not accommodated.

We've gone Oct and Dec...off season.

I'd keep calling everyday for a cancellation.

I agree to keep calling and calling even once there. Things do open up. We've been to Chef Mickey's 4 times for dinner and a couple of years back we had a 6 p.m. p.s. and we had to wait a good while to get seated. The hostess explained that they had several "walk ins" right when they opened and that's why things got backed up. So I think your only chance to get in without a p.s. is if you get there a little before opening. Of course since that did seem to cause a promblem backing up the p.s's they may not allow that anymore so your best bet is to keep trying for a p.s.

If you're trying to eat at Chef Mickey's without a PS, be prepared to be turned away or to wait a LOOOONNNNNNGGGG time.

Your only hope is to continue calling and hope something opens up. You could go right before it opens and be one of the first in line at the podium, that would be your best bet, but considering you're going during Easter Break, still tough. I know if I walked up there with my children and we couldn't eat there, they'd be crushed. Maybe have DH go into one of the shops while you go to see if you can get in. If you can, run back and get him, if not, go eat at the Concourse Steakhouse, they have very good food!!!

I was wondering how much it would cost for 2 people to east at chef mickeys and is it at the contemporary?

Yes, Chef Mickey's is at the Contemporary.

Prices are..

Breakfast: Adult 16.99, Child 8.99
Dinner: Adult 25.99, Child 10.99

This is a buffet restaurant.

I agree with the other posters, I kept trying to get chef mickeys and there were no openings. I finally got it for april 10th. Its not the time I wanted 8 pm or they also told me our party of 5 cannot even sit together. But I told them I will take it. If you will have any chance at all get there by 4:30 and get in line. It would also depend on your party size. I did see the cm say no way to someone once, this was on fathers day dinner. I know its easter, so I dont know how those 2 holiday times compare. Good luck and keep trying and have a plan b in the back of your mind.

Dec 02 we got a PS at Chef Mickey's the day before we flew down and it was for the time we wanted.

Last 2 trips I could not get a PS so we just went in. Last April (Easter weekend) we went in for breakfast-6 of us and were seated within 20 mins., and 2 years ago same time we went for dinner and we seated within 10 mins.

Did you try for an opening at an off time?? If you want a popular time then it will be harder but if your willing to go at an earlier or later time maybe that would help. CM is really popular so I think just walking in you wouldnt have to good of a chance.
Good Luck :D

Does anybody think 2 adults only would be out of place here?? Dh and I always have wanted to try it but never have b/c we dont have any kids yet. Has anyone done this before???Thanks

You would not be out of place at all. I have seen many couples there on our trips. Go, enjoy and decorate a cupcake with Goofy:Pinkbounc

We don't have kids yet... and we ALWAYS go to Chef Mickey's :earsgirl: :earsboy: We have never felt out of place It's a lot of fun!

The only time we have been to Chef Mickey's this past Oct., it was so busy. We got there 15 minutes prior to our PS time, and we had to wait an hour to get seated. I don't think any walk ups were accomodated. Keep calling to check on a cancellation.
Good Luck!!

We were there last Feb...the Saturday of Presidents Day weekend. Walked up around 5pm (after our afternoon break from the parks) and asked if they had any openings...seated 20 minutes later. ::yes:: It was wonderful...great service, great characters...the desserts were my favorite part!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter