• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Chefs or Coral Reef?

jayhjay

DIS Veteran
We may only have time for one Epcot area dinner and I am choosing between these two restaurants. I have never eaten at CR and haven't been to Chefs in years. We are 6 adults, two kids, and a toddler. Most are not wildly adventurous eaters. Not sure everyone will eat fish, but with the other things on the CR menu I think that is ok.

Any feedback on which is the better option? Best food, best atmosphere, best service?

We have never eaten at Chefs. Will be dining there for the first time in March. But we have eaten at Coral Reef. I can honestly say our entire experience was average. Average food, average service and average atmosphere. I have heard only good things about Chefs. Our daughter (15) is not a very adventurous eater but between the half chicken and the steak I think she will be fine at Chefs.

Good luck with which ever one you choose and have a great trip.

We've eaten at both, and we have three boys - a pre-schooler and two pre-teens. I'd highly recommend Chef's.

Our boys enjoy the atmosphere at Coral Reef and the tank is very cool. But it's hard to get a table right next to the tank, especially with a party of 5 or more. We're not crazy about the food, other than the corn chowder. (And based on the updated menu, it looks like the type of soup may vary, so the corn chowder may no longer be standard.) So on our next trip, Coral Reef is not a priority for us.

We all love Chef's - especially for lunch when Remy visits each table. (Even without Remy, we would still return.) We all love the fresh bread. My husband and I enjoy the onion soup, quiche, adult mac and cheese and cheese plate. Our middle son (who is relatively picky) loves the mini burgers on the children's menu, our youngest likes the standard chicken fingers on the children's menu and our oldest recommends the soup and the adult mac and cheese. We've always had great service and really like to sit at tables near the large windows. So we have an ADR for our next trip (just 3 weeks away) on arrival day!

Good luck with your decision and have a great trip!:wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter