"Chemo Surviving Tote" - UPDATE: her reaction!

You are an extremely thoughtful person and I love your tote! :goodvibes

I had a few things that were very special to me when I was going through chemo. Two friends gave me medals from Medjugorje which I placed on my mother's necklace and wore all the time. They helped me feel a special connection between the Blessed Mother and me and my children which I needed to feel. I also had some rose scented lotion that they'd given me at Dana Farber Cancer Instititute which for some reason brightened my spirits when I put it on. (Not a huge rose scent person. Note to self would like to get some more even though it might bring back memories from that time.) A good friend gave me one of those beautiful EC bracelets which I still wear all the time. I agree with the pp who said the best things in the basket are love and caring.

Thank you for doing this. Sending out special prayers to your grandma. :hug:

Thank you.

Your grandmother is lucky to have you!

I'm lucky to have her.

I'm glad to hear the tote cheered your grandmother up.

If she's religious you might ask the cancer center to arrange for one of their chaplains to speak to her. Maybe they can help her feel more encouraged.

Be aware that not only do people respond differently to chemo (side effects), but different drugs are used to treat different types of cancer. She may not get the side effects some of us have gotten. It's good to know what she might get, because you can ask her specifically about how she's feeling, as she might not realize it's treatment related and there may be something the doctor can give her to help with the symptoms.

BTW, when I was at the cancer center recently, I picked up a magazine from this organization. It did a good job of summarizing the various issues from side effects to financial issues. It might be a good resource for you and your family. http://www.caring4cancer.com/

Good luck to your grandmother.

Thank you for your post.

Jeff Dunham got me through many "dark times" during my daughter's treatment. I am glad she enjoyed her tote.

So glad you got to have some special time with your grandma, it was a lovely gift and it sounds like she was very touched.
Thanks for the update, you are all in my thoughts.

Koala cuddles to you all.
Trish

I have one more suggestion for you for your grandmother...my daughter got my mom a stuffed animal. Now I completely thought she would hate it, but my mom loved it. She had it sitting out on her dresser and then when she was in hospice she brought it with her and had it on her bed tray. Just a thought...

Also don't underestimate your gift and the strength it will bring her. My mom recently passed away but during the past few years there were times when she was almost ready to stop fighting, then she would look at a card or letter or picture from us and decide it wasn't time yet.:grouphug:

So glad you got to have some special time with your grandma, it was a lovely gift and it sounds like she was very touched.
Thanks for the update, you are all in my thoughts.

Koala cuddles to you all.
Trish

:hug: Thank you so much. She had to get all her teeth pulled out on Tuesday evening-- the tumor was feeding off of them and this morning she had her very first round of Chemo at 830am. I"m so proud of her for gettting through it... I talked to yesterday evening but she wasn't able to speak... she just listened on the phone... but it was enough for me to make sure she was alright.:goodvibes

I have one more suggestion for you for your grandmother...my daughter got my mom a stuffed animal. Now I completely thought she would hate it, but my mom loved it. She had it sitting out on her dresser and then when she was in hospice she brought it with her and had it on her bed tray. Just a thought...

Also don't underestimate your gift and the strength it will bring her. My mom recently passed away but during the past few years there were times when she was almost ready to stop fighting, then she would look at a card or letter or picture from us and decide it wasn't time yet.:grouphug:

Thank you.. your post really touched my heart. I find lately when were visiting her or talking with her on the phones.. now i dont want this to sound mean but she's planning to die. She' wants to clean up the house, get rid of her junk and sell the house. She wants my grand-father to be all set up for when she's gone. It's really hard to hear... she's depressed and almost ready to just throw the towel in. She won't go to church and have very few visitors outside of family over. She's so depressed-- it breaks my heart. :sad1::mad: I at least got her outside while we were there last weekend... we extended her garden, put some top soil on, planted some flowers and dbf cut all their grass for them.
Thank you!:hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter