Chewie, we're home... A May 2015 TR! Update 11/3

I can't believe how empty the park was for a Saturday- good for you guys! I love your pics of the hub statues- very pretty! The Chip and Dale one is my favorite! Looks like a postcard! Can't wait to hear about the rest of your epic day!

I love all your pictures!! They are fantastic! Looking forward to the rest of your report...and more pictures! :)

I've read all your trip reports and am so glad your back. :yay:Gives me something to look forward to reading on the Dis'! I've always thought Old Key West looked like a beautiful place to stay. I really love the themeing. What wonderfully low crowds you had this morning! I'm envious. I'm a teacher so it's probably not something I'll ever get to experience! I have to say your pictures are AWESOME:worship: Can't wait to read about the rest of your trip.

sounds like a perfect start to the trip! we noticed the lack o' ring when we were there in november.. glad it's back. or that at least some variation of it is back. =)

I mean this TR is starting off with a bang! One minute you're on a plane, the next you're at MK! Wooo! (I'm talking more in terms of one minute I was reading about you being on a plane, and the next minute I was reading about you being at MK... But I mean potato potahto.) Wouldn't it be cool if it could work like that in real life though? Why doesn't teleportation work yet? Also, why am I rambling on like this? Questions to ponder.

Ahem.

Sigh, you brought up September and I'm still bitter about September because we DID NOT MEET. :sad:

WOW, can I just say your photography in this update is outstanding? Bravo, girl.

The new hub area definitely photographs well, but I'm just itching to see it in person because I still cannot picture how it looks when you're actually standing there.

WHO ARE YOU MEETING UP WITH? UPDATE AGAIN PLEASE! :lmao: (I'm obnoxious.)

I couldn't believe it when I saw this TR! I am beyond excited. I am pretty sure your TR's are the TR's that got me hooked on this area of the DIS (and now writing my own reports). Yay! Yay! Yay!!

The standard boring travel day post isn't the case for this trip, huh? Nice job on the red-eye and all the perks that go with it (own private DME!!).

Excited to hear how a non-BC trip ends up for you and if you miss the Epcot area terribly. I still really want to stay at OKW and it might happen on our trip for the half marathon but not sure I want to let go of the Epcot area (we currently have BWV).

Wow on the empty MK...on a Saturday!

Beautiful pictures, as always. I was nervous when you said less pictures in this report but I think I just need to remember that sometimes its quality not quantity that matter. ;)

Arrival morning! One of the best parts of a Disney vacation.
Your own DME bus? That's pretty awesome. Like a private charter right onto Disney property.

Had to laugh at not having anything to do at 6:45 in the morning. Probably one of the few hours of the day that Disney isn't up and about. At least there were Disney shorts to keep you company.

Almost an entire Big Thunder ride vehicle to yourself?! That's my dream right there. But I'm with you, it's hard to not hit up Pirates first and foremost.

I love going in May for exactly the same reasons you were describing. Not crazy hot out and light crowds.

Oh my goodness, your pictures are fantastic! I am in love with the Sword in the Stone one. I had to show it to my husband, because it was just so pretty. He even had to do a double take because it looks like the front of the castle in that shot. Really looking forward to more of your photos.

loving the TR and sneakily looking out for myself in your photo's (never happened yet but you never know)

I'm so excited to find another Danimaroo trip report!! I love your writing and your reports are so much fun!

OMG! I am so excited you are doing a new TR! :hyper: Yours were the first trip reports I read when I started on the DIS!!

wdw2015day1-4_zpsxogota75.jpg

This photo?? :faint: So perfect!

Seriously these are just too cute!!

Cant wait to read more! popcorn::

Following - I've read your reports and watched your videos in the past and they are so well done! Watching your Sept 2014 video now ... comments below:

great choice of Roll Away Your Stone! Love M&S - such nice guys as well!

The Groot pin - incredible!

People always talk about the great Disney Water Smell - but I don't think that carries over to the taste especially on Splash Mountain :rotfl2:

I can tell you put a lot of work in the video - a lot of the scenes were wonderful synced with the music! Great work.

the only airline that offers a non-stop flight between SEA-MCO, and thank God it exists

Gotta love non stops!

It's kind of difficult to sleep when you're on your way to your favorite place in the world, so I mean, you can't blame me.
It's always easier to sleep on the flight home for me!

Love this picture!
Anyway, Big Thunder was a blast,

pun intended?

Love this one too! Looks like it's been a good morning (besides the lack of sleep). Looking forward to reading more!

I. Love. Your. Trip. Reports. I am SO excited to read this!!!

Thank you so much!!

I'm so excited I love your trip reports!!!!

I'm glad you're here and thank you so much!!

@danimaroo
Excellent job on the photography. I like that you took so many thing shots instead of people shots. The framing and depth of field/focus are very nice. I have a hard time doing the normal kind of vacation photos, so I just let DH do it. Plus, I will spend forever trying to get shot the way I want, walking around, crouching, looking to see how the light is now and will be later. I used to be into photography a lot, so I tend to have a strange eye for subject, point of view, and focus. What do you shoot with? We really need to upgrade our camera body, and we might as well get a new lens too:rolleyes1You might like the French photographer Eugene Atget. I am looking forward to more of your report.

Thank you very much! I was kind of in a hurry to take them but I'm still glad I got a few decent ones. The good shots you'll see in this TR are from my Fujifilm X-T1. I was either shooting with my 35mm f/1.4 or 18-55mm f/2.8 lens when I was using that one. Otherwise I think most of the shots are from my iPhone 6+. I got a little lazy towards the second bit of our trip with my nice camera, but I still think I got a few good ones!

I'm joining in! I absolutely love your photos. I just got a DSLR before my trip in January and hope to take photos like you do in the near future.

Awesome, thank you for joining and it's always fun shooting in the parks! I used to run with a Nikon but all of my gear got stolen so I switched over to a mirrorless camera/set of lenses, so I now shoot with a Fujifilm X-T1. Taking photos in Disney parks is one of my favorite things to do!

I'm happy you are back! I love reading your reports.

Thanks so much, it's great to be back again!
Drop-dead gorgeous photos! :worship: I'm so excited to be reading along...

Oh wow, thank you, I really appreciate that. :)

So cool having the bus to yourselves! It must be so crazy arriving at Disney at that time of day AND being there too early to do anything! beautiful pic of the sunrise you got!

I was there around the same time as you. The Parners statue being hidden away was definitely a bummer!

I agree, the back of the castle is gorgeous!

Sounds like a great start to your first day!!

Haha yeah, it was kind of crazy to have a bus to ourselves and being there at that time. We've done it before, but usually get in a little bit later. This time we had time to spare!

And yeah, the Partners statue being MIA was a bit of a bummer. I'm looking forward to the Hub being complete.

FYI. I love your Sarcasm, you have a good way portraying it through your writing!

AND of course beautiful photos! You should sell them :)

Hahaha good, I'm glad, because I can be very sarcastic... but sometimes I'm unsure if people know I'm being that way in my writing.

And that's a wonderful compliment! I feel like I still have much to improve on, but who knows, maybe one day.

wow - that must be a very different feeling to be arriving so early with no one around. and how cool to have your own private motor coach - like the rock stars you are ;)

Tawk amonst yourselves ... I'll give you a topic: Steamboat Willie was neither a Steamboat, nor a willie ... discuss

Great pictures - especially of the Hub statues! So nice to explore the parks with low (no) crowds

It's a really weird feeling, I won't lie. It's like the whole resort is sleeping, in a way? But yeah, own own motor coach was a pretty sweet situation, haha. Felt very VIP.

I seriously laughed so hard at your Linda Richman impersonation when I first read your comment. SO perfect, hahaha.

And thank you, it was definitely a nice way to kick off our first morning.

OMGosh. This photo is perfect!!

Oh heyyy thanks lady. ;)

I can't believe how empty the park was for a Saturday- good for you guys! I love your pics of the hub statues- very pretty! The Chip and Dale one is my favorite! Looks like a postcard! Can't wait to hear about the rest of your epic day!

Yeah, it was really weird how quite it was. And thank you very much for the compliments, I appreciate it. :)

I love all your pictures!! They are fantastic! Looking forward to the rest of your report...and more pictures! :)

Thank you very much! I should have plenty more photos to share, even though I'm still going through editing most of them, hahaha.

I've read all your trip reports and am so glad your back. :yay:Gives me something to look forward to reading on the Dis'! I've always thought Old Key West looked like a beautiful place to stay. I really love the themeing. What wonderfully low crowds you had this morning! I'm envious. I'm a teacher so it's probably not something I'll ever get to experience! I have to say your pictures are AWESOME:worship: Can't wait to read about the rest of your trip.

Aww I'm glad you're back and remember me! Haha, OKW is a wonderful place to stay; I love how laid back it is there. And yeah, we lucked out this morning with a serious lack of crowds. It was a great first few hours in the park!

sounds like a perfect start to the trip! we noticed the lack o' ring when we were there in november.. glad it's back. or that at least some variation of it is back. =)

It was! And yeah, it's weird they changed the rings. I'm really curious as to why, haha.

I mean this TR is starting off with a bang! One minute you're on a plane, the next you're at MK! Wooo! (I'm talking more in terms of one minute I was reading about you being on a plane, and the next minute I was reading about you being at MK... But I mean potato potahto.) Wouldn't it be cool if it could work like that in real life though? Why doesn't teleportation work yet? Also, why am I rambling on like this? Questions to ponder.

Ahem.

Sigh, you brought up September and I'm still bitter about September because we DID NOT MEET. :sad:

WOW, can I just say your photography in this update is outstanding? Bravo, girl.

The new hub area definitely photographs well, but I'm just itching to see it in person because I still cannot picture how it looks when you're actually standing there.

WHO ARE YOU MEETING UP WITH? UPDATE AGAIN PLEASE! :lmao: (I'm obnoxious.)

Hahaha, I SERIOUSLY wish it was that easy to get from Seattle to Orlando, for real. It would be amazing and make my life so much easier... and probably my wallet a whole lot lighter.

I am still mad about September, seriously. We kept missing each other and you would have very likely popped up in my trip video, too. Wompwomp. :(

And thank you very much! I kind of started my photo game off pretty strong... and I feel like it kind of died off a bit as the trip went on, at least from my nice camera, hahaha. But I still have a few good ones!

I totally know what you mean about the Hub. I couldn't really understand its layout until I saw it in person, and then it allllll made sense.

Ohhhh it's definitely someone you know! Don't you worry about it, hahaha. I promise I'll have another update tomorrow!

I couldn't believe it when I saw this TR! I am beyond excited. I am pretty sure your TR's are the TR's that got me hooked on this area of the DIS (and now writing my own reports). Yay! Yay! Yay!!

The standard boring travel day post isn't the case for this trip, huh? Nice job on the red-eye and all the perks that go with it (own private DME!!).

Excited to hear how a non-BC trip ends up for you and if you miss the Epcot area terribly. I still really want to stay at OKW and it might happen on our trip for the half marathon but not sure I want to let go of the Epcot area (we currently have BWV).

Wow on the empty MK...on a Saturday!

Beautiful pictures, as always. I was nervous when you said less pictures in this report but I think I just need to remember that sometimes its quality not quantity that matter. ;)

Haha yes, I am back!! And I am REALLY really happy people didn't forget who I am. I know that sounds weird, but I was worried I would come back and no one would care? So I'm glad you're here and also, that's awesome that you are writing them, as well.

I figured I'd spare everyone the boring travel details since, well.. there wasn't a whole lot that happened. But yes, the DME was a delight, with having no one else on it.

And yes, I'll definitely get more into it. It's really, really hard to leave the Epcot area, but OKW is a great place to stay if you're trying to save on points AND want to enjoy what I think is a wonderful resort.

It was so bananas how empty it was. I'm pretty sure people didn't know that it opened at 8am this day (non-EMH morning).

Thank you very much! Honestly, there will still be plenty of photos, just not as many random ones I guess? I'm hoping I can keep the quality on them high, though.

Arrival morning! One of the best parts of a Disney vacation.
Your own DME bus? That's pretty awesome. Like a private charter right onto Disney property.

Had to laugh at not having anything to do at 6:45 in the morning. Probably one of the few hours of the day that Disney isn't up and about. At least there were Disney shorts to keep you company.

Almost an entire Big Thunder ride vehicle to yourself?! That's my dream right there. But I'm with you, it's hard to not hit up Pirates first and foremost.

I love going in May for exactly the same reasons you were describing. Not crazy hot out and light crowds.

Oh my goodness, your pictures are fantastic! I am in love with the Sword in the Stone one. I had to show it to my husband, because it was just so pretty. He even had to do a double take because it looks like the front of the castle in that shot. Really looking forward to more of your photos.

Yeah, it really was like our own private charter. I wanted to be like, "LOOK OUT EVERYONE! WE HAVE ARRIVED!" Hahaha, but I didn't.

We really didn't have much to do but the shorts were definitely a good way to burn time... and a friend of mine happened to be awake, as well, so that helped and I could text him, haha.

Yeah, the lack of people are pretty awesome... but it was very odd not having been on Pirates first!

I was surprised at the crowds, actually. I mean I knew it wasn't going to be super busy, but it would be busier than it was in September. It obviously wasn't bad this morning at all!

Thank you so much, I appreciate that. Makes me want to keep shooting with my nice camera and that maybe I do know what I'm doing at times, hahaha.

loving the TR and sneakily looking out for myself in your photo's (never happened yet but you never know)

Hahaha, you really never know... it would be kind of hilarious if you did find yourself though.

I'm so excited to find another Danimaroo trip report!! I love your writing and your reports are so much fun!

Thank you so much, I'm really glad to be back and writing again... and it's nice to have you along for the ride. :)

Looks like a great first morning at MK:)

It was so far, and this day just only gets better!

So happy to see you back with a new report :)

Thank you, I am really glad to be back and writing. I missed it!

OMG! I am so excited you are doing a new TR! :hyper: Yours were the first trip reports I read when I started on the DIS!!

This photo?? :faint: So perfect!

Seriously these are just too cute!!

Cant wait to read more! popcorn::

Haha thank you so much! I'm super happy to be back. And thank you for the compliments on the photos, I really appreciate it. :)

You take the best pictures!

Thank you SO much - that is a really, really nice compliment and makes the editing and all that worth it. It means a lot.

Following - I've read your reports and watched your videos in the past and they are so well done! Watching your Sept 2014 video now ... comments below:

great choice of Roll Away Your Stone! Love M&S - such nice guys as well!

The Groot pin - incredible!
People always talk about the great Disney Water Smell - but I don't think that carries over to the taste especially on Splash Mountain :rotfl2:

I can tell you put a lot of work in the video - a lot of the scenes were wonderful synced with the music! Great work.

I'm really glad you watch and enjoy my trip videos!! That September one was seriously a labor of love but I think it's my favorite one I've done. I'm a huge Mumford and Sons fan, so the song seemed fitting. And yeah, the taste of Splash water is NOT very good, hahaha. But thank you!!

Gotta love non stops!

It's always easier to sleep on the flight home for me!

Love this picture!

pun intended?

Love this one too! Looks like it's been a good morning (besides the lack of sleep). Looking forward to reading more!

Non-stops are magical, and I agree, sleeping on the way home is easier. The way there though? Nope! That pun wasn't intended but I'll take it because I love puns/being punny, hahaha. We were having a great morning, that's for sure, even with the total lack of sleep.

I thought I was seeing things when I saw your TR pop up! I am so excited! I loved the TR video you did the last time but I am excited you're doing a TR again :goodvibes
I saw some of your pics on Instagram from your trip but it'll be great to read the report and find out more about how your trip went - I LOVE LOVE LOVE all your pictures, you take the most gorgeous photos! :love:
Sounds like your first day is off to a great start! A red eye and then straight to MK? No problemo! The things we do for Disney ;)
Can't wait to hear about how epic your day gets!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter