Chicago area Diser's - check in here Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
the only other state park in illinois is at the southernmost tip of illinois

Do you mean the only other state park with a campground? I know that Illini State Park in Marseilles allows overnight camping for something like $10-15. And Starved Rock State Park is phenominal.

Illinois has *tons* of hidden gems spread throughout the state.

Yeah!!! I'm not the only person who still call's it Marriott's!

I also still refer to Baker's Square as Poppin' Fresh too. ;) But then, I live in Plainfield, where we tend to give directions based on landmarks that haven't existed in 25 years. :lmao:

Crissup I used to give directions by Fannie May's turn right at Fannie may go 4 miles turn left at Fannie may. :lmao:

Hello Hello to our new friends Slo Is our resident Real Estate Professional. Of course she is in Indiana (our cousin state)

In my school dist we only have elementary and middle school no jr high before High school. The term jr high has been banned since it causes cancer I think:rotfl2: No seriously no jr high here some goofy survey said it cause self esteem problems.

we are going to be looking 30 minutes to an hour outside of Rolling Meadow...more of a new area with some good schools. I have an 8th and 9th grader....what grades do your schools split at? I'm so worried about the kids, they've lived in California all their lives.:worried: :worried:
Thanks again! Helen

We are in Palatine - high school District 211. My kids are 8th grade and 10th. http://www.d211.org/ Jr High is 7and 8, High School is 9-12.

Well then......macraven likes to go to Culver's and eat dessert first!!!

Life is short.. eat dessert first. :laughing:

Blue and Gold cub scout banquet(luncheon) went well this past Sunday. When we got home from the banquet, we found a birthday party invitation by our door, for Chrissy. It was pretty exciting for her to find a party invitation, as it surprised all of us!! :banana:

Glad the Blue and Gold was nice and :cheer2: yeah for the b'day invite for Chrissy

Do you mean the only other state park with a campground? I know that Illini State Park in Marseilles allows overnight camping for something like $10-15. And Starved Rock State Park is phenominal.

I also still refer to Baker's Square as Poppin' Fresh too. ;) But then, I live in Plainfield, where we tend Illinois has *tons* of hidden gems spread throughout the state.

Lots of camping by Galena and Rockford and all over.. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Illinois_state_parks

Hi I haven't read anyones post yet but I want to put this question iout there. My DH and I have a bet....
He has jury duty (he is in the middle of a trial now:sad2: ) at 219 S Dearborn.
I say he is in the Everett McKinley Dirksen Federal building (or the 7 circuit courts or the northern illinois courts) and he says that it has another persons name.
Anyone know who's right?
I'll go try and catch up now!

Holy Cow!!! Look who came out to play!!!! Patrick I haven't seen you around in ages!! :)

I hope you are doing well!

Please stop by more often and chat with us!

If you are interested we are having a bowling meet soon. :banana:

Hi all!!!!:welcome: to all the new Chicagoland Disers out there.
I'd go back to fill in all the names, but DH had the brilliant idea to take all our computers wireless, and something isn't right!!:lmao: Now it's very slow. Worse than dial-up!!:scared:
So just welcome all!!!
And for giving directions, Crissup, I think out here in the south boonies I even have your direction giving beat. We tell people to turn at Stoven's corner (never mind that noone knows who the Stoven's were and they don't live there anymore) and going over to IN, we have people turn at Shoe corner (I don't know the intersection, only that there are always a bunch of old shoes tossed out on the corner!!)
Bunchkin, I should be able to make it to this meet.:yay: I hope the time works. Kids will have soccer games early and I will have one early afternoon, but would possibly skip it if need to.
Today was gorgeous!!!:cool1: Was outside, ran errands, took a nice evening walk after dinner. Cooked burgers out on the grill.:thumbsup2 Just wish it could last.
The Disney site has a bunch of new job postings. I encouraged DH to apply for some of the computer jobs that he would be qualified for. As a nurse, I could go anywhere. We just need to get him in at Disney and we're all set.
Well, better run.
Later.

Hi I haven't read anyones post yet but I want to put this question iout there. My DH and I have a bet....
He has jury duty (he is in the middle of a trial now:sad2: ) at 219 S Dearborn.
I say he is in the Everett McKinley Dirksen Federal building (or the 7 circuit courts or the northern illinois courts) and he says that it has another persons name.
Anyone know who's right?
I'll go try and catch up now!

Here's what I found.

Holy Cow!!! Look who came out to play!!!! Patrick I haven't seen you around in ages!! :)

I hope you are doing well!

Please stop by more often and chat with us!

If you are interested we are having a bowling meet soon. :banana:

what she said.. :wave2:

Thanks Nicole. I found that too. It is weird you can't just search the address or jury duty or anything like that and just get a website! Crazy...
I know I am going to win this one though!

I did search the address and that is what I got.

:scared1: OMG!!! I just read all the posts FINALLY! Chicagoians and Chicagoland Disers are coming out of the wood work!:cheer2: Thanks DAN for sending some of them over!

:welcome: all you newcomers! It is ALWAYS so cool to meet other people who live by me. This thread seems to be filled with the whole state of Illinois and of course we can't forget SLO who actually lives in Indiana.

I live in Chicago on the NW side. I am by SUPERDAWG!!!!!!! That's how I introduced myself when I first joined this friendly thread!

Glad to talk to all of you!

Jedi.. I don't think I realized you live in the city!. I wish I actually lived downtown! That would be the best!

Bunckin...the meet won't work for us. We will be in Wisconsin (putting the pier in and cleaning). I actually have plans almost every weekend from April on....
Isn't that crazy!!!!!

Macraven
...I will soon be driving by your house when we head up North for the weekends starting in the middle of June. We have a place in Mukwonago and that's when we start doing our Culver's and Dairy Queen bindges!!!

You guys are right, SLO is in for a big surprise!

Oh and to answer the 7 TV:scared1: statement..don't forget I am in an in-law house. That's three upstairs and 4 downstairs. My parents pretty much only use 3 of the 4. We each have one in our family rooms, one in our living rooms and one in our bedrooms. Does that still sound bad??

Grrrrr..Toby's back from Vegas, but I didn't even know it. I called him to make sure he wasn't in Miami, because I got a call from the Miami-Dade county prison. I didn't accept the charges, but once many years ago, I kept getting a call from the Arkansas prison and I kept rejecting the collect call. It turned out to be my cousin! :scared1: I had no idea he was out of town. It hit me when I kept hearing the name, so I called someone else in the family to ask where he was and they said "Camping" out of town. :eek: Not good. When he tried again, I accepted the call and sure enough, it was him :sad2:

SO, I called Toby to make sure he didn't leave Vegas and make his way over to Miami....:rotfl:

Hey, you never know with him, now.. :confused3 :sad2: :rolleyes:

Grrrrr..Toby's back from Vegas, but I didn't even know it. I called him to make sure he wasn't in Miami, because I got a call from the Miami-Dade county prison. I didn't accept the charges, but once many years ago, I kept getting a call from the Arkansas prison and I kept rejecting the collect call. It turned out to be my cousin! :scared1: I had no idea he was out of town. It hit me when I kept hearing the name, so I called someone else in the family to ask where he was and they said "Camping" out of town. :eek: Not good. When he tried again, I accepted the call and sure enough, it was him :sad2:

SO, I called Toby to make sure he didn't leave Vegas and make his way over to Miami....:rotfl:

Bad boys bad boys watcha gonna do...watcha gonna do when they come for you!

Sorry..I am getting slap happy from all the sunshine today!

jedi- :hug:

debbie i know where that is.
you'll have to wave when you go by my house.

wanna meet at the blue resturant?
i have to warn you, i start with the turtle sundae and have it made with chocolate custard.......

carmen, at least you know he is home safe. just take each day at a time.
things will get better for you..:hug:

ok newbies, roll call begins at 6 in the morning. gotta beat slo up to the boards!

if you sleep in, bring a note from home. i'm a teacher, that's my morning speech....

i'm sitting up waiting for mr mac to come home.
he works downtown on La Salle. he had a business dinner to attend and is taking a limo home.

snap......it's costing $120 bucks one way
i told him i could have got him a cheaper car service.....

the long hours are a killer for him.
he gets up about 4:45 in the morning and catches the 6:05 train

i'll be back to tuck you all into bed later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter