Chicago area Diser's - check in here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all. My baby is leaving over night. We are all sick again accept for Hayley. Katelyn just developed a cough and I am sneezing up a storm. So DH's mom is taking Hayley over night. I hate when my baby leaves me, I get so worried she is so little still.

Slo- dinner was good with Sarah. Sarah played alot with Katelyn.

Hi all-
Want to wish everyone here a Happy New Year!!!

I don't think we are doing anything special tomorrow night. Maybe take the kids out for dinner or order in. My dh and I don't plan on going out just ourselves. We haven't done that in a few yrs. After the kids go to bed on New Years eve, we just stay on the couch and watch tv- New Years Rockin Eve or just channel surf. Sometimes we fall asleep and it's usually me that wakes up before midnight. Then at midnight, we have a glass of champagne or sparkling grape juice to ring in the new year. It's been our tradition for awhile.
Almost forgot to mention that dh bought a new DVD player Wed. night at Walmart. DD had broke the DVD tray on our other DVD player. We had called a couple of places that fix electronics, but the minimum charge to even look at the other DVD player was $60! So we just decided to buy a new one. The old one is in storage right now.

2sweetangels- sorry to hear you and your family are sick again. :guilty:
Hope you all get better soon! I'm sure Hayley will be fine with your MIL. I know it's hard to not have your baby there.

Geffric- I pray you have a safe trip to Cleveland and back. Have a good time at the wedding! I knew of another couple that got married New Years eve- this was a long time ago. Nice tax deduction getting married on NYE!

Slo- Yes, I remember the dryer fiasco you had, was that a month or so ago?
Also, I want to thank you for being the main Diser that started our Chicago Diser thread. We have a lot of pleasant people here on this thread and I'm grateful for that!

Hersey- Can't wait for my kids to go back to school, either. I'm sure my kids have been having cabin fever because we didn't go out that much for the 2 weeks they are off. They go back to school on Tues. Jan. 3. Thank God my dh is now home for 3 days!

jedi_librarian,macraven and KimRaye- Hi :wave:

LightBurnsBlue- Welcome to the Chicago Disboards! :wave2:

Anyone hear how Disneymommymichelle is doing-any baby yet?
I guess I'll keep checking here every so often to see if any news. I pray everything is ok.

Have a good and safe New Years, everyone!

Rosemarie :flower:

Good evening everyone!!!

Katie is finally sleeping in her new bed. It took her a long time to adjust to the new bed and fall asleep. I'm just hoping she sleeps through the whole night
1.gif

roseprincess - I'm glad to hear that you replaced the DVD player, now you all can maybe watch some movies this holiday weekend. Also....I'm so glad that you are enjoying this thread and "thank you" for your "thank you" :) It's been alot of fun getting to know you and I look forward to getting to know you more in 2006 :flower: .

2sweetangels - I'm sorry you are all not feeling well. I'm sending lots of PD your way for you all to feel better soon :wizard: :wizard:

jedi_librarian - Hi!! :wave2:

geffric - have a safe trip to Cleveland tomorrow and I hope you have a good time at the wedding you are going to.

To everyone here on the Chicago Thread:

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

I hope everyone has a fun, safe and happy New Years celebration tomorrow night. :wave:

Patrick IL. said:
I'm still in the Chicago area :wave:

Hi Patrick - good to see you!!!

Welcome to our thread - please come by often and visit us, we would love to have you!!

Happy New Year!! :wave2:

Patrick IL. said:
I'm still in the Chicago area :wave:
Did you miss the old timers thread?? :confused3 ;)

FYI - Patrick is the Very First DISer I met IRL at a DIS Meet at the OLD Disney Quest downtown, and it was the first DIS meet for both of us!!! :goodvibes :wave:

Sorry, I'm sidetracking/confusing threads. :blush:

Happy, Healthy New Year to Everyone!!! :wizard: :grouphug: :goodvibes

DSs BD party is over now, so I'm hoping for a couple of REALLY quiet days, and some down-time for my wrist/hand to heal before I go back to work. :rolleyes:

hi,
just wanted to hop over here and say to all my fellow chgo disers

3.gif

have a safe evening and a better year to come for all......... :moped:

Wishing everyone here in the Chicago area a great '06. Hope we all get together in the coming months for another super Chicago DIS meet. :cool1: :wave:

Hiya fellow Hoosier. I am also from N.W. Indiana near Valparaiso!!!

Well there is only 2 hours and 37 minutes left in 2005, wow I can't believe this year is over. I hope 2006 is a much better year.

Slo- thanks for the PD

Kim- how are you and your DD?

2sweetangels said:
Kim- how are you and your DD?
She's FINALLY in bed! ;) She stayed up! :earseek: and we spent almost 30 minutes on the phones talking with her brother and Dad. A Family affair! :rotfl:

HAPPY, HEALTHY 2006!!!

Happy 1st morning of 2006 everyone!!! :cool1:

How was everyone's night last night?

Our party last night was fun with our family. We had so much food that it was kinda overwhelming. What's nice about that though, is we now have a lot of leftovers and I'm going to eat them all day.

What is everyone doing today?

I am doing nothing all day, because on my side of the family it has always been tradition that New Years Day is a day off for everyone from everything. So, now I'm making some Cinnamon Rolls of which I'm going to eat downstairs with my coffee while watching tv with Katie. Then I'm going to put on my comfy pair of sweatpants and watch tv all day with the girls. They both got some new movies for X-Mas that we'll watch today - it should be fun and relaxing!!!

KimRaye - both of my girls stayed up too. Stephanie stayed up last year, so that didn't surprise me. But Katie stayed up also :earseek: I still can't believe my little 2 year old made it until midnight. I tried putting her to bed at 10pm but she cried and cried and cried, so I put on her pj's thinking she'll fall asleep on a grandmas lap - but no, she was happily up to ring in the New Year. After midnight hit, she told one grandma that she was tired and wanted to go to bed, and then she fell asleep the minute her head hit the pillow.

2sweetangels - how's your family feeling on this first day of 2006??

Dan Murphy - I can hardly wait for the next Dis meet!! Happy New Year to you too!!!

anita967 - Hi, and welcome to our thread!!! Please come by and visit often, we would love to have you!!

macraven - Hi there and Happy New Year to you too - thanks for stopping by :wave2:

Again, to all my Chicago Dis friends, who I am so grateful everyday to have gotten to know in 2005 and look forward to getting to know you more in 2006.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

Whatever you are doing today - I hope you have a great holiday today!! :wave:

Fellow Chicagoan here! Far south side.

Will someone point me to the DIS Meet thread? Would love to try and make the next Chi Town DIS gathering!! :cool1:

Happy 2006!!

Vicki, no meet planned as of now, but whn it is in the works, there will be a thread here on the CB, on the Meet board, as well as, I am sure, talked about here in this thread. And knowing KimRaye's past, you probably will get a personal PM from her. :cool1: Hope to see you when we have the next one.

And hope everyone had a good night last night, :)

Happy New Year everyone!! Well we all stayed in last night and just watched the new year's on tv. We are all starting to feel better finally. Hopefully nothing else will sneak up on us.

I am having a birthday party for Katelyn on January 22 at 3pm at my house. Katelyn is turning 2 years old on the 17. we are gonna have games for kids with prizes, so if any of you would like to join us PM me. January 22 is a Saturday.
Nite0wl71 will be there as well as Stacey.

Hope everyone has a wonderful evening. Take care

snowglobesnow.gif

Hello everyone - I'm doing a little late night Dising!!! :flower:

So.....what did you all do today?

I relaxed like I said I would and Stephanie and I watched Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. I was really expecting to not like it (because I love the original) but I ended up liking it quite a bit. I was very pleased with how it was not a direct copy of the original, and how there was some history about Willy Wonkas character.

house_of_princesses - Hi and welcome to our thread!!! Please come by and visit us often, we would love to have you!!! :flower: As Dan said, when there is a Dis meet planned, we'll definitly be talking about it here ::yes::

Dan Murphy - we did have a good time last night. How about you - did you have a good time last night? What did you and Marie do to celebrate the New Year?

2sweetangels - thank you so much for the birthday invitation - you are so sweet :grouphug: Unfortunately that weekend won't work for us because we have reservations at the Weber Grill downtown. How are you all feeling??

Are any of you working tomorrow, or do you all have the day off? I was going to work tomorrow until I found out that Katies daycare is closed. Luckily, I was able to shuffle my staff around at the store so I can stay home tomorrow.

Well, I'm off to bed - talk to you all tomorrow!!! :wave:

Oh......did you all see my new ticker??? Kevin booked our 2006 WDW trip today and I'm so excited :cool1: We will be returning back to The Poly in September :teeth:

Slo- Im sorry you can't make it, maybe we can try again in August for Hayley's 1st birthday, Ill let you know when it is when time is closer. Im actually feling really good tonight, but Hayley on the other hand wants me to hold her all day. Im holding her now as I type. Hayley has the sniffles, sneezes, and cough, but no fever (thank God) I gave her a tiny bit of infant Tylenol cold&cough medicine to try to help her sleep better, other then her we are all doing real good now.

Good night everyone! I will probably be up for another hour or so with Hayley.

2sweetangels said:
January 22 is a Saturday.
:guilty: January 22 is a Sunday. Which date/day is the party? :confused3

As for a MINI-Meet, Dan, that is still possible/probable for 1/28, probably after the Disney on Ice show. :teeth:

slo, I relaxed today too. ;) I watched a cable movie, and most of the Bears game :rolleyes: and knocked off a couple SMALL chores for tomorrow so that tomorrow I can spend a LITTLE less time prepping for the week ahead. Kelly & I are off Monday, but DS Matt has school! :confused3 WOWZA for Katie!! :earseek: :teeth:

Ok, I'm in a bit of a funk. This will take longer to explain than it will for me to just help, but.....maybe you'll see......

My Dad is retiring this year, at a young and fun 65. Last year he offered $20,000 and a trip to WDW for ALL of us, my parents, my bros and I and our familes. :cheer2: Shortened version: Brothers DO NOT want to go. :confused3 Various STUPID reasons! :rolleyes: Dad has offered a 'replacement' trip to the Dells to get ANY family trip together. :rolleyes2 I resent my brothers right now, and altho I'd love a free trip just about anywhere, I spent a LOT of time in the Dells the past couple of years THINKING we were taking an all-family trip to WDW this year! Fast forward to today, my cousin and her WHOLE family are going to try and do WDW this year and has asked my advice. Now I resent helping her! :guilty: I'm horrible, I know. :(

Mind you, I will also be expected to 'plan' the Dells trip. :rolleyes: IF I GO!

Sorry, I'm pouting and venting all at once. :sad2:

2sweetangels said:
Slo- Im sorry you can't make it, maybe we can try again in August for Hayley's 1st birthday, Ill let you know when it is when time is closer. Im actually feling really good tonight, but Hayley on the other hand wants me to hold her all day. Im holding her now as I type. Hayley has the sniffles, sneezes, and cough, but no fever (thank God) I gave her a tiny bit of infant Tylenol cold&cough medicine to try to help her sleep better, other then her we are all doing real good now.

Good night everyone! I will probably be up for another hour or so with Hayley.

Hi Amy, I'm glad to hear that you are feeling better. Boy I remember the days when Katie wouldn't let me put her down or sometimes let me sit down. I'm sorry she's not feeling 100% and hopefully she never gets a fever. Hopefully she'll feel better tomorrow.

Well, I'm off to bed myself. Even though I don't work tomorrow, Katie will still be up early.

Goodnight!!

KimRaye said:
Ok, I'm in a bit of a funk. This will take longer to explain than it will for me to just help, but.....maybe you'll see......

My Dad is retiring this year, at a young and fun 65. Last year he offered $20,000 and a trip to WDW for ALL of us, my parents, my bros and I and our familes. :cheer2: Shortened version: Brothers DO NOT want to go. :confused3 Various STUPID reasons! :rolleyes: Dad has offered a 'replacement' trip to the Dells to get ANY family trip together. :rolleyes2 I resent my brothers right now, and altho I'd love a free trip just about anywhere, I spent a LOT of time in the Dells the past couple of years THINKING we were taking an all-family trip to WDW this year! Fast forward to today, my cousin and her WHOLE family are going to try and do WDW this year and has asked my advice. Now I resent helping her! :guilty: I'm horrible, I know. :(

Mind you, I will also be expected to 'plan' the Dells trip. :rolleyes: IF I GO!

Sorry, I'm pouting and venting all at once. :sad2:

I'm sorry you have to start 2006 in funk. But, I don't blame you, I'd be pretty irritated to with the whole situation :guilty:

If it makes you feel any better, I'm pretty mad at my DB today too (well everyday actually). Brothers are such a pain!!!

What's the reason your DB's don't want to go to WDW? :confused3

On a different note - how's your arm doing???

Oh my goodness, it's almost 11:30pm - I definitly going to bed now!!! :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter