Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

DKTOQVwVwAUDR2u.jpg

El Mago...un freakin believable...KB + WDW =W

guys, I have to give props to Grimm. Those 2 strike outs were huge. Lackey can't get tossed tomorrow, lol...we have a partial-Monty, (not full, get it?) Maples and hopefully Hector is able to go.

Last edited:

I am STILL mad at the Brewers on the Marlins series for diminishing relief proceeds by selling tix cheap, limiting them AND discounting concessions 25%~ confirmed by Robin, they jacked it up for Cubs series, as they always do for their own proceeds. Slimy, skeevey backwash Brewers..karma says hi.

That one sort of wore me out. :faint: In a good way. :cool1:

Javy wasn't going to lose his Island and the game in the same 48 hours. Anyone who would like to contribute to relief efforts for PR~ please go to twitter and search Rene Rivera . HE IS PERSONALLY MATCHING whatever is raised for PR. Javy's page also has links. I don't want to put the direct link...rules and all that...unless MOD allow's?

Last edited:
Wow! What a game! I am so happy I decided at 4:30 to go to it (and thank you Pam for giving me a little push). There were LOTS of seats available through the Brewer's website. I thought about getting one off of StubHub, but unlike the Cubs the Brewers games expire a couple of hours before game time. *sigh* I ended up in the front row of the 400 level on the 3rd base side. Not too shabby. I did end up moving up a row because the railing was in my way but there were plenty of empty seats to stretch out.

The night started out with a Happy New Year to our Jewish friends. Our family is Jewish and I thought it was very nice for the Brewers to recognise Rosh Hashanah.

IMG_8314 (1).JPG

Rizzo's hit and RBI:

IMG_8312.JPG
Look at all the Cubs players at the railing. They were there and engaged for the whole game.

IMG_8318 (1).JPG

My *favorite* Packer was there tonight (and 2nd favorite DWTS contestant) ... Mr. Donald Driver! He polka'd with the Brewers staff on their dugout.

IMG_8325.JPG

IMG_8324.JPG

Finally ... CUBS WIN!

IMG_8331.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_8324.JPG
    IMG_8324.JPG
    112.9 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_8332.JPG
    IMG_8332.JPG
    65.5 KB · Views: 1

I was exhausted last night and went to bed thinking we'd lost. How fun was it to wake up and find out I was wrong??

Today I celebrate at the MK! Go Cubbies!!
Same here...I stayed up later than I normally can and was fading fast. When they were up by one after the 8th, I thought the same thing. What a fantastic surprise this morning! That's Cubs!

I am STILL mad at the Brewers on the Marlins series for diminishing relief proceeds by selling tix cheap, limiting them AND discounting concessions 25%~ confirmed by Robin, they jacked it up for Cubs series, as they always do for their own proceeds. Slimy, skeevey backwash Brewers..karma says hi.
I'm not sure what skeevey means, but as a Hill Street Blues fans from back in the day...I say it a bit different
scum sucking dogs!

I had to go to bed...8pm(for me) starts kill me. Now I have to look at the highlight. Atta babies!!!!

One thing the highlights may not show is that we were (if I remember correctly) down 3-1 with bases loaded in the bottom of the 9th to either Santana or Arcia. I think it was Santana and only 1 out. We had to bring Happ in from the outfield as an extra infielder for must throw play at the plate and it was 3 balls, 1 strike. Omg.

Also, somewhere before, 8th, Cubs had men on first and second and rizzo and Willy couldn't get anything.

Lot of emotions.

One thing the highlights may not show is that we were (if I remember correctly) down 3-1 with bases loaded in the bottom of the 9th to either Santana or Arcia. I think it was Santana and only 1 out. We had to bring Happ in from the outfield as an extra infielder for must throw play at the plate and it was 3 balls, 1 strike. Omg.

Also, somewhere before, 8th, Cubs had men on first and second and rizzo and Willy couldn't get anything.

Lot of emotions.
Have faith in Wade, for that bases loaded situation.
Yeah, Riz pressing a bit and Willy also too anxious. I was hoping Riz was going to bunt at his AB, but at the same time, it's Rizzo...lol, percentages say he's connecting. The killer shift always played on him tho. Obv that last K propelled him to clock that oh so close hr/ triple. I have to hand it to Joe doing the double switch of JHey /Happ. JHwy is fast, no doubt, but Happ respecting the he** out of 90 and getting to first in 4.07 seconds..folks, that saved the game. I know Javy had the single, but if Happ wan't on, no run to tie with. At the same time, Happ location of that hit also removed the runner getting second...baseball man:crazy:, what a thrill!

I missed the game and haven't caught up on the thread yet. Did I miss anything exciting?

Just kidding; was ready to go to bed after the last out in the bottom of the ninth. Checked online to see what was going on - saw a man on base; then a couple minutes later saw the bases empty and assumed there were three outs, no score. Got a text from my oldest son saying Bryant hit a HR and Rizzo followed with another (that turned out to be triple).

I said - well, I guess I'm staying up. And he did too. Clearly the most exciting win of the regular season.

How must that make the Brewers feel? To think it was going to be 4 in row against the Cubs, and now they have to win the next three or they end the series no better than they started it.

I'm not sure what skeevey means, but as a Hill Street Blues fans from back in the day...I say it a bit different
scum sucking dogs!
skeevey is slimy, lower than scum, makes your skin crawl, sell your dog, can't wash off dirtbag. Your's works too, lol. I just can't get past them taking advantage of a situation where so many lost their lives, homes, everything. Brewer Org had the option to step up and say they feel it's an unfair advantage..and if MLB STILL wanted their facility, fine, but then at least do EVERYTHING you can to help fniancially. CLEARLY, since they raise prices every Cub series , they have it at the ready to use. I understand the shortage of workers, all the more reason to raise the prices even $10 a head (or at the friggin' least keep them normal instead of LOWERING them) and the few ticket sales still brings some more $. Nope. All they cared about was getting the win's. Like I said, Karma. They might want to look behind them and see STL breathing down their necks. I know the Cubs see them...this isn't decided yet.

Wow! What a game! I am so happy I decided at 4:30 to go to it (and thank you Pam for giving me a little push). There were LOTS of seats available through the Brewer's website. I thought about getting one off of StubHub, but unlike the Cubs the Brewers games expire a couple of hours before game time. *sigh* I ended up in the front row of the 400 level on the 3rd base side. Not too shabby. I did end up moving up a row because the railing was in my way but there were plenty of empty seats to stretch out.

The night started out with a Happy New Year to our Jewish friends. Our family is Jewish and I thought it was very nice for the Brewers to recognise Rosh Hashanah.

View attachment 271419

Rizzo's hit and RBI:

View attachment 271423
Look at all the Cubs players at the railing. They were there and engaged for the whole game.

View attachment 271420

My *favorite* Packer was there tonight (and 2nd favorite DWTS contestant) ... Mr. Donald Driver! He polka'd with the Brewers staff on their dugout.

View attachment 271421

View attachment 271422

Finally ... CUBS WIN!

View attachment 271424
I FINALLY have internet today~ so HAPPY you went Robin! when 670 announced the Brewer office had plenty of tix, then that there was a convoy of Cub fans heading up 94, fan's contacting each other on twitter along the hwy to meet at spots and then to carpool into the park to save on pkg etc so Brewers wouldn't make extra $ on the Cubs. Great picture's and extra treat getting to see Driver!

I missed the game and haven't caught up on the thread yet. Did I miss anything exciting?

Just kidding; was ready to go to bed after the last out in the bottom of the ninth. Checked online to see what was going on - saw a man on base; then a couple minutes later saw the bases empty and assumed there were three outs, no score. Got a text from my oldest son saying Bryant hit a HR and Rizzo followed with another (that turned out to be triple).

I said - well, I guess I'm staying up. And he did too. Clearly the most exciting win of the regular season.

How must that make the Brewers feel? To think it was going to be 4 in row against the Cubs, and now they have to win the next three or they end the series no better than they started it.
I assume it motivates them to come back and fight hard tonight. They are still alive, and there are NO guarantee's until we clinch. Brewers are fighting for the WC spot as well. Rockies lost last night so Brewer's still within striking distance on that. THAT said, I hope they're in their heads big time and make mental mistakes all series long.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter