• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

OMG. I "watched" on MLB At Bat because we were at a local festival tonight called the Fete de Marquette. It's a French inspired fest for Bastille Day, so we were drinking local micro brewed beer and grooving to a NOLA funk band. Then, we went to the kids area and watched the end of Ratatouille. I glanced at my phone and those O's tied us! We won ... in Cubbie fashion after giving up an 8-run lead.
That was a convenient festival while hosting a French exchange student!

Voler le W!

so the Oriole's fans (all 100 of them) were chanting Go Brewers last night...lol...gee, that has to make the Baltimore players feel awesome :rotfl:. Brewers peeps on twitter blasting how how the Cubs blew an 8 run lead, as they almost did the same. Beer Googles. I don't underestimate Milwaukee for a second but their "fans" are spending more time blasting the Cubs than cheering on the Brewers. Guess we are just the priority to them lol.

Last edited:
Here's hoping past explanations of "sweat" and "blisters" are not a factor for Jake tonight (even tho it is humid as heck in Baltimore).
JON JAY HAS A .714 (5 FOR 7) AGAINST MILEY!:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

TONIGHTS LINEUP

DEy5lDRXkAAc_cG.jpg:large

19 runs in 18 innings, (9 scored after 2 outs tonight)
Jake started out a little shaky but got it under control and delivered, Only gave up 4 hits/2 runs 3 BB
JHey with his FIRST bases loaded triple
pitching and offense align
Fly the W
images

I imagine Q is really hoping the offense delivers again tomorrow for his Cub debut

On the crap side, Shaw hits a homer to win it for the Brewers 3-2 and STL also wins.

It's Q's Cubbie Debut Day. Let's keep the bats hot as he isn't all that favorable against the Oriole's, has given up a few bombs (historically, and lost his last appearance there in May) but then again didn't have a lot of run support. Joe has the Veterans in the lineup for a little extra mental support as well, me thinks.

C'MON CUBS!!!!!!!!!! Let's do this!
fa2fb9cbfd9ee5d17dfba2e21254d1a6.gif

DE3GPKsW0AEjqTy.jpg:large

Last edited:
ABOVE .500!
I think Q LIKES WEARING BLUE. Fabulous debut by him, 12K's, just one shy of his record of 13, no walks.
Starting off with triple double's? Yes, please.
KB gets to join the Camden Home Run Club,, exit velo 113mph!
Rizzo Insurance company in the 8th, and Willy...goodness gracious...he is in the ZONE! I sure hope we acquire a vet catcher tho, can't get Willy hurt or burnt out.
JHey on it again, in a nice rythym and Happ showing some signs of patience. Schwarb's hanging in there, will see what happens in Atlanta for him.
Jay heads up running...a thing of beauty

images

LET'S KEEP IT GOING BOY'S!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Brewers lose, yes!!!!!!!!!!!!! Brewers now go on a 10 game road trip against PIT (hot), PHI, and WAS (hot). They're going to start to panic if Cubs keep winning.

Interesting little tidbit about Quintana. When the Front Office was deciding whether to trade for him, they wanted to know why he had struggled in some of his appearances this year. They went to the coaching staff and asked for their help. The coaching staff identified the problem and told the front office they could fix it. And 1st game with us, shutout. That's impressive Mr. Bosio, nice work.

Last edited:
Any chance you will be wearing a Zobie jersey?:rolleyes1

Haha! I never did get one! I'm waiting until I'm in Chicago (next month!!) to make my final decision. I'll be sure to post a picture if I do make the purchase. :)

And do any of you know when they will release the 2018 schedule?

Haha! I never did get one! I'm waiting until I'm in Chicago (next month!!) to make my final decision. I'll be sure to post a picture if I do make the purchase. :)

And do any of you know when they will release the 2018 schedule?

Robin may get advanced word as a season ticket holder but usually it's sometime in September IIRC

OK Gang...I know we just had 3 fun games, but it WAS against meh pitching in a hitters park. THAT said, time to introduce the Cubs to the new ATL park and leave a very lasting impression. Plus Kewz is gonna be there (which game, Kewz?) Fingers crossed on Kyle in TN tonight on his rehab game, hoping he goes the 60 pitch limit and feels FAB afterward. Brewers in Pitt and IIRC Marte' becomes eligible tomorrow(tho obv less "enhanced" lol)
Here's the lineup~
images

DE9ThUeXYAEvHWK.jpg:large

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter