Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

So tonight it was the 8th that did us in. Ugh.

Strop, it's your turn for the head shake...:sad2:

Sometimes it's just hard being a Cubs fan!:sad:

So tonight it was the 8th that did us in. Ugh.

Strop, it's your turn for the head shake...:sad2:

Sometimes it's just hard being a Cubs fan!:sad:
Going to open with the positive of , we took the series :thumbsup2
After Jake had such a great game... Great play by KB catching that line drive, but his error hurt costing the run. He did answer back withhos own double. Javy driving him in was a bit of a surprise, lol. I wasn't expecting him to connect until the 6th or 7th inning and the Kyle relay to Javy to Rene to get Cozart at home? Stellar! Needed the offense to kick in but after 21 runs the last 2 days, you know how it goes. Pedro, yeah, he get's the 2 hard outs and then serves dessert. Not sure what Jay was doing in the 9th ~I think these 2 teams are sick of playing each other.We needed that W...when we lose it's like crack for the Brewers, who get the Dodger's with a bunch of guys on the DL and their easy pitchers. They may see Darvish Sunday but he's just off the DL so he may not be himself. On the up side? Carl Edward's is back and Duensing is getting as reliable as they come! Happ's home run was extra nice, one more until he hits 20!
SD beat the dirty birds tho!

Cubs bullpen is so damn bad. My God.

Also, that last play shows why Happ shouldn't be playing CF that late in the game. Almora catches that ball easily.

Tonight's "Player's Weekend" lineup

Lots of custom cleats for the players too.....hopefully they have fun and are relaxed which leads to a W!

images
images
images

Time to start a new winning streak!!!!!!! LET'S GO CUB'S
DIGR5NaXgAAhXvF.jpg

here's a cheat sheet
Chicago Cubs
# Name Nickname
1 Gary Jones Jonesy
2 Tommy La Stella La Stella
4 Dave Martinez Tippy
5 Albert Almora Jr. Tico
6 Carl Edwards Jr. Carl's Jr.
7 Rene Rivera Moncho
8 Ian Happ Happer
9 Javier Baez El Mago
11 John Mallee Flounder
12 Kyle Schwarber Schwarbs
13 Alex Avila Parkman
16 Brandon Hyde Hyder
17 Kris Bryant KB
18 Ben Zobrist Zorilla
19 Koji Uehara Koji
22 Jason Heyward J-Hey
25 Chris Bosio Wizard
28 Kyle Hendricks Hendo
30 Jon Jay 305 J
32 Brian Duensing Deuce
35 Lester Strode Big Les
37 Justin Wilson Brennan
38 Mike Montgomery Monty
41 John Lackey Lack
44 Anthony Rizzo Tony
46 Pedro Strop Stropy
49 Jake Arrieta Snake
56 Hector Rondon Rondi
58 Mike Borzello Borzy
60 Felix Pena Ricardon
62 Jose Quintana Q
64 Henry Blanco Big Worm
70 Joe Maddon Joey
71 Wade Davis Wader
77 Eric Hinske Big Ske
95 Chad Noble Nobes

we do not do well in themed uni's this season. Luckily the rest of the division lost. Did they leave 10 RISP? Guess the focus on Q is for the long term~ and that's not really an encouraging thought at the moment. Avila looks like the only bright spot in the trades. Really missing Willy's fire .Well, maybe they figure it out tonight. With 20 games in a row the bullpen needs to be managed pretty well, (which I am guessing is why Q was left in yesterday ) but hopefully Kyle can go 6 or 7 and those spiffy new Cub Player's Weekend bats and cleats get a workout tonight.
So Javy..do we get the W tonight?
https://gfycat.com/BeneficialSneakyEarwig

Last edited:
Just throwing my orig reaction to actually obtaining Q out there~, I still think Sonny Grey was the best match for the Cub's.
Please change my mind Q and make me eat my words

To get through this pitching acquisition I am telling myself it was more of a move to keep the Brewers from getting him than us wanting him.Sux blood has infiltrated the Friendly confines.Cease & Eloy are both a huge casualty in my book. Sigh...I get Theo going for the "now" so offense PLEASE make this bad juju worth it. I hope Q gels with the team & the cross town classic just got more tense lol

Q will be starting on Sundays game against the Oriole's.Order is Monty, Jake and Q. Kyle not in the rotation yet..I believe he is doing another rehab start in TN on Monday

DEo5pBJVwAASSMX.jpg

Tonight's lineup..and HOPEFULLY the Phillies would rather protect their draft position, right? They SHOULDN'T want to win
images

*HENDO* on the bump~Jay, AAJ and LaStella? I like this plan.

DILRoUVXUAAz0Tw.jpg:large

Brewers facing a Dodger reliever in for Wood. I suggest the Cubs get this W :rolleyes1

Last edited:
so TONIGHT'S where all the Cub's runs have been hiding the last 2 days!;)

CUBSWFlag.jpg~c200

Tommy "Two-Time"LaStella!!!!!How about Hendo getting the rally started AND keeping it going? Not to mention his pick-off of Hernandez!:worship:He created his own run support, hasn't gotten a W since May! Pitchers who rake:thumbsup2He gets to wear HENDO the rest of the season, lol. Tommy,Bryzzo b2b, Rizzo , Zobie off the bench bomb squad. This was fun...early game tomorrow, keep the mojo going!

STL wins
Pirates win
Brewers just took a 2-0 lead

FYI ~Christmas in August for the Brewers. Ump has just gifted about a dozen strike calls, none accurate. I will give credit to Davies for pitching a great game, but these last 2 innings, the calls are UN-believable

Today's rubber-match lineup...let's get the series!

SO Hoskins......maybe IW the guy? We all know Big John gives up a bomb or 2~
Glad to see some of the hot bats from yesterday are in again today (Maybe Hendo can PH?:thumbsup2)Tommy Two-Time's currently the best BA on the team, lol.

upload_2017-8-27_12-30-19.jpeg
images

DIP2s1OWsAITWmv.jpg

Is that the lineup card posted in the dugout? I <3 the "RESPECT 90" and "W" logos.

from 670~from the booth, I think.
Well, Hoskin's didn't get the memo to not blow the draft position. Cubs thought they had it in the bag in the first,( which was a culmination of errors by Phillies, not really earned)Leaving bases loaded was all I needed to see.Lackey on fire in the beginning~ They had their chances and should have lit up that pitcher. ~then the triple play killed them. Shell shocked after that. Lots of mistakes, KB error huge, Rivera....what the heck? and AAJ swinging at that pitch after a new reliever throws 2 balls? Schwarb's, JHey, Rivera..kinda need to show up today. This is all the Brewers need, momentum just shifted. I am expecting yet another acquisition by them before all is said and done. However, at worst(as of today) will still be 2 games up but the sluggishness and sloppy play happening too much at this point. J. Wilson looked better and Javy still connecting. Addie and Grimm to AAA tomorrow to play their rehab games. I think the Cubs stayed up watching the fight a little too late..and as usual, day game after a night one tends to not go well

ETA: Dodger's playing sloppy as heck as well, Brewer's up 1-0 and hungry for more.

Last edited:
Release the Leftie's!

The way the last two Pirate's series went, need a super strong outing from Monty and our defense to re-appear. El Mago can't do it all. Looking for great run support for Monty as well.(he might just make his own, likes The Professor did lol) Weather threatening right now but hoping game starts on time.

images
and he can hit!
images

Still 2 game's up...LET'S GO CUB'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DIVqeAUUIAAZw5t.jpg:large

Willy batting against Lester today~47 pitches for Jon and Willy hit a double.Willy got to wear his Player's Jersey!
DIV1odMXgAANz1a.jpg

I hope Lackey's glove has recovered from all the cussing it had to endure..might need equipment therapy this week.

images
W#70!!!!!!!!!!

images

Monty DID have a stellar outing! He DID help his own run support! El Mago still performing, and I'll take a break from Rodriguez, lol. Needed this W for some momentum...this game was ALL Monty!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter