Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

The Yahoo Sports opinion link that I first pasted had 10 numbered items but doesn’t load fully anymore. I tried recently too. I think that’s what Robin was referring to.

The Yahoo Sports opinion link that I first pasted had 10 numbered items but doesn’t load fully anymore. I tried recently too. I think that’s what Robin was referring to.
Ah, thanks. I'm not sure I looked at anything other than the link you sent. Doh!

Jumping in a little late here...I don’t hate Harper but I’m not really in favor of him coming to Chicago. If that happens then I’ll cheer him on like the rest of the team but I’ll be ok if it doesn’t happen. My son likes to torment me by sending memes of Harper wearing Cubs gear. That kid is such a brat. :badpc: :p

Jumping in a little late here...I don’t hate Harper but I’m not really in favor of him coming to Chicago. If that happens then I’ll cheer him on like the rest of the team but I’ll be ok if it doesn’t happen. My son likes to torment me by sending memes of Harper wearing Cubs gear. That kid is such a brat. :badpc: :p
You could block his number. :lmao:

Robin...sorry, but I'm not sure what you mean by Strickland being #6 and not being able to get past #3. I only see one video, so :confused:
When I tried to view the top 10 reasons why everyone hates Bryce I would only get through one page on my desktop which showed 1-3. I would click on ‘read more’ (or something similar) and it would just spin. Tried it in chrome, chrome incognito and Firefox. I finally read it on my phone and was able to read 4-10. #6 on the list was how Bryce hit 2 homers off of Strickland. After the first one Strickland stared at him in the dugout and Bryce ‘chirped’ back at him. Ok ... he said some naughty words. After the second one he blew a kiss at him. Obviously they don’t like another. Strickland egged him on and he happily responded.

When I was reading the list I tried to bring up videos of Bryce’s infractions to see how bad they really were. My take on them was that some were a little immature and bratty. Others were overblown and stupid.

The video I included was of the first regular season meeting between Strickland and Bryce from May of this year. Strickland whacked him with his first pitch. Seems both players are immature and bratty. I found it while trying to find the kiss blowing from 2016 (I think) and I was amused but the intentional pay back and epic bench clearing brawl.

I post on a couple of Facebook groups and many people don’t like Harper either.
I guess it's really hard for me to articulate how I feel. I don't hate him per se, but I strongly dislike his child-like and arrogant behavior. He's a good hitter...no denying...I'm just not convinced that's not the only thing good about him.

It's like I've told my kids...I will always love you, but I may not like your behavior(s).

I guess it's really hard for me to articulate how I feel. I don't hate him per se, but I strongly dislike his child-like and arrogant behavior. He's a good hitter...no denying...I'm just not convinced that's not the only thing good about him.

It's like I've told my kids...I will always love you, but I may not like your behavior(s).
That's perfectly OK :). I understand not liking a player personally. I couldn't stand Chapman last year.

That's perfectly OK :). I understand not liking a player personally. I couldn't stand Chapman last year.
For me I can individually ignore a player but I do not care to risk what he brings to the clubhouse. I know the rest of the guys are professionals yadda yadda but Theo, Jed, Joe constantly state how young the team is and how important it is to have the *right* kind of mentality/leadership etc. there. Need look no further than the Miggy mess(& we all know I'm a huge Miggy fan, but I get he had to pay the price for his actions) and even Rossy when he first got here. Theo had a pow wow with him and his ego. Ross got it in check PDQ but I don't think Harper would. Again, I think Harper would be a negative di$traction (to many red flags around him). Much like the way some are ragging on JHey's contract, he would also be a player that we could not get rid of ~ not many could afford what Harper wants.

someone's getting coal in their Cubbie Stocking

I think I may know what Theo wants for Hanukkah

http://www.latimes.com/sports/mlb/la-sp-shohei-ohtani-posting-20171109-story.html

Otani wants to play in the outfield as well when not pitching since he can hit. I don't think I'd play him against day, Strasburg~ but could see it at times.If Schwarber is still a Cub could easily platoon him..if not, Zobie or Jay

Hmmm ... I wonder why he would want to come to the US now. I'm a little suspicious about his health.

Ohtani could be costing himself hundreds of millions of dollars by moving to the major leagues this winter instead of two winters from now. Because he’s younger than 25, Ohtani will be treated as if he were an international amateur, meaning he would have to sign a standard minor league contract. The largest bonus he could receive would be somewhere between $3 million and $4 million. Many teams, including the Dodgers, would be able to offer him a bonus of only $300,000 as a penalty for spending beyond their designated limits on international amateurs in previous signing periods.

By waiting two years, the Nippon-Ham Fighters star would be free of any financial restrictions and some major league executives estimate he could sign for more than $200 million.

However, Ohtani is said to be ambivalent about money.

Hmmm ... I wonder why he would want to come to the US now. I'm a little suspicious about his health.

Apparently he really does nt care about ridiculous money~ he would be making gobs more than he could spend, they way he limits his spending per say. Heard he wants to PLAY and be both offense and defense while he is this young..but maybe he will come at a discount due to his recent ankle surgery, lol.

KB on twitter earlier~

Kris Bryant‏Verified account @KrisBryant_23
Finally getting the chance to take our honeymoon buuuut..we missed our @AmericanAir check in by 30 seconds! 30!!! Where's the team sponsor love?!

sounds like AA took care of them but 30 seconds? Are you kidding me?
giphy.gif

With Holiday shopping approaching , I just want to share that if anyone is interested you can shop through Amazon Smile choosing a charity of your choice. I chose the Anthony Rizzo Family Foundation :goodvibes

https://smile.amazon.com/

Yep, I already use smile,but donate to my church. For another good donation opportunity, use goodsearch.com instead of google when searching the web. You choose a charity and every search donates 1 penny. They also have goodshop (which I think amazon kinda stole the idea for smile) which donates a percentage of shopping to that same charity.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter