• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVE CUB FANS!!!!

Timely snow falling giving us a picture perfect day~ Pic's are off the 'net but sums up the snow!

images
images
images

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVE CUB FANS!!!!

Timely snow falling giving us a picture perfect day~ Pic's are off the 'net but sums up the snow!

images
images
images

We had snow a few weeks back. Glad it's back up north where it belongs.
Merry Christmas all!!!

Heading to my MIL's for Christmas brunch but wanted to thank you all for being the gift of Cub Commaraderie~I really , really enjoy having this thread to chat and share with you all...and yes, Paco too, lol(if he is still around)! It take's a team to make it happen!
upload_2017-12-25_11-2-38.jpeg

Heading to my MIL's for Christmas brunch but wanted to thank you all for being the gift of Cub Commaraderie~I really , really enjoy having this thread to chat and share with you all...and yes, Paco too, lol(if he is still around)! It take's a team to make it happen!
View attachment 290206
Enjoy your special Christmas with your daughter (and everyone else). You are a blessing to us and yes, it's wonderful to have this thread (thanks again Robin).
Merry Christmas to all!

Have a great time at WDW~ (I *think* you mentioned the annual trip...?) and a very Happy New Year, filled with ton's of W days and night's!
My visiting DD? She and my DS joined forces and gifted me with a new
W Flag, mug, tour of Wrigley and a game of my choosing...OF MY CHOOSING!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will most definitely have to think that game thru :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Have a great time at WDW~ (I *think* you mentioned the annual trip...?) and a very Happy New Year, filled with ton's of W days and night's!
My visiting DD? She and my DS joined forces and gifted me with a new
W Flag, mug, tour of Wrigley and a game of my choosing...OF MY CHOOSING!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will most definitely have to think that game thru :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:
Does a World Series game count?

Does a World Series game count?
heh-heh-heh......great minds think alike, lol. Not COMPLETELY off the table ~ they said their gift budget isn't healthy enough to cover Play-offs AT THIS TIME...but if the WS is at Wrigley again, could encompass getting next years gift early to combine forces further so not COMPLETELY off the table!

Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas!

My son received his first Cubs jersey and promptly posted a picture of it on Twitter...where Willson Contreras retweeted it. I’m not sure what my boy was happier about - the jersey or the recognition from Willie! Made our day!

My son received his first Cubs jersey and promptly posted a picture of it on Twitter...where Willson Contreras retweeted it. I’m not sure what my boy was happier about - the jersey or the recognition from Willie! Made our day!
Awesome! How did Willy know he got the jersey?

I SAW that on twitter!!!!! Your DS is showing the back of his jersey , saying "Repping my boy! Best Christmas gift!"...right?
as a HUGE Willson fan( and fellow #40 jersey owner)...AAAWWWWYYYYEAAAAAHHHHHHHH!:worship::worship::worship: How cool is THAT!?!?!?!?!!? The #40 Jersey...a gift that keeps on giving!

:) I ordered my #40 last August (I think it was then) and he got injured the very same night. I felt a bit responsible as a jinx. Similar thing had happened with Soto ten years ago.

I really like Willie a lot. I think he could be a superstar.

Glad everyone’s having a great holiday. My young son and I just got back ourselves from D last week. Amazing weather. He wasn’t a FoP fan though.

I SAW that on twitter!!!!! Your DS is showing the back of his jersey , saying "Repping my boy! Best Christmas gift!"...right?
as a HUGE Willson fan( and fellow #40 jersey owner)...AAAWWWWYYYYEAAAAAHHHHHHHH!:worship::worship::worship: How cool is THAT!?!?!?!?!!? The #40 Jersey...a gift that keeps on giving!

Yep that’s him! That’s my boy repping his boy! Ha! I was (and still am) so happy for him. :cloud9:

Today's Chiberia wind chills were -30 but We Never Quit motto also applies to the construction crew at Wrigley :cold::cold::cold:(ets: this photo was from last week but the Wrigley Aerials pilot said the const crew WAS working yesterday!)
DSEMinZUEAAhbbh.jpg

ETA: This pic was from day after Christmas, working at night
DSKepv8W0AYa_HO.jpg

Last edited:
I'm just gonna leave this image here...a reminder of why summer in Chicago is so precious, lol...beside's the Cubs that is.

qXRjLzHS

So lets talk about the blizzard of Jan 1967 or April 1970 (might have been Mar 1970). Got stuck in both of those for quite a while.

So lets talk about the blizzard of Jan 1967 or April 1970 (might have been Mar 1970). Got stuck in both of those for quite a while.
I didn't get stuck in those but had fun in the '67 one jumping off the roof into the snow, lol. The one I remember getting stuck in was in the early 80's after the St. Patricks Day parade. Took about 4 hours to get home. It wasn't even THAT much snow, but the tollway was gridlock. This was my son in the 2011 one~on top of the mailbox, lol
180751_10150101062098630_2357709_n.jpg

I didn't get stuck in those but had fun in the '67 one jumping off the roof into the snow, lol. The one I remember getting stuck in was in the early 80's after the St. Patricks Day parade. Took about 4 hours to get home. It wasn't even THAT much snow, but the tollway was gridlock. This was my son in the 2011 one~on top of the mailbox, lol
180751_10150101062098630_2357709_n.jpg
I remember walking on the school roof by climbing up a snow drift after the Jan 1967 blizzard. We got stuck in the snow in our school bus and didn't get home until we were rescued by a snow plow around midnight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter