• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Chicago Doorway to Dreams member preview Aug 1-3

We will most definitely be there too. Can't decide if I want to go on Aug. 1st or wait for the Mouse to be there!?! It's not that far, maybe I'll do both...:drive: :rotfl:

I'm so pissed I didn't get one... I LIVE IN NAPERVILLE DISNEY!!!!

We do too, but it may not be Disney's fault. We've had many pieces of mail go missing, so it could be the post office's fault! But, don't worry, according to the card, more info will be coming, and you have the boards to get all the information.

We're debating too as to which day to go up. I want to see Mickey, but we're worried it may be a zoo on Saturday, so we may go up Friday night. Or, we could go both days too. Decisions, decisions!!!!!

What exactly is the incentive if you do a AKV add-on? Is it available if you do not live in Chicago? I assume the incentive is in addition to the double developer points.

What exactly is the incentive if you do a AKV add-on? Is it available if you do not live in Chicago? I assume the incentive is in addition to the double developer points.

For ADD-ONS only, you will get developer points plus money off per point. For AKV, you will receive $8 off per point and for SSR $10 (I think the regular price for both are now $104/pt). Developer points are rewarded at three levels:

110 points + discount + 110 developer points
160 points + discount + 240 developer points
210 points + discount + 420 developer points

In other words, 110 to 159 points get matching developer points, 160 to 209 get 1.5 times, and 210 and above get double developer points. If your UY is Sept, Oct, Nov or Dec., you get 2006 points with MFs prorated.

Offer ends August 31st. You must visit in person. You cannot add-on over the phone. Banking deadlines are waived but you must use the developer points within 12 months of closing.

For ADD-ONS only, you will get developer points plus money off per point. For AKV, you will receive $8 off per point and for SSR $10 (I think the regular price for both are now $104/pt). Developer points are rewarded at three levels:

110 points + discount + 110 developer points
160 points + discount + 240 developer points
210 points + discount + 420 developer points

In other words, 110 to 159 points get matching developer points, 160 to 209 get 1.5 times, and 210 and above get double developer points. If your UY is Sept, Oct, Nov or Dec., you get 2006 points with MFs prorated.

Offer ends August 31st. You must visit in person. You cannot add-on over the phone. Banking deadlines are waived but you must use the developer points within 12 months of closing.

Do you know what the incentives are "in person" if you're a first-time buyer? Thanks!

We just bought over the weekend at Woodfield and our incentives were:

AKL - $8.00 off each point
OR
SSR - $10.00 off each point (I think - only talked about that once)
OR
Double Developer Points...for the minimum buy in it would have been 320 extra points good until next August and able to book at the seven month.

We went with the $$$ off. We tried to figure out how to use all those points with DH's limited vacation time and it was actually stressing us out. We went with the $$ off per point.

Let me know if I can help any further - we were there two weekends in a row and in the week between drove our guide crazy with questions - although he said it was "fun" to work with us and our crazy questions.

Ty

We just bought over the weekend at Woodfield and our incentives were:

AKL - $8.00 off each point
OR
SSR - $10.00 off each point (I think - only talked about that once)
OR
Double Developer Points...for the minimum buy in it would have been 320 extra points good until next August and able to book at the seven month.

We went with the $$$ off. We tried to figure out how to use all those points with DH's limited vacation time and it was actually stressing us out. We went with the $$ off per point.

Let me know if I can help any further - we were there two weekends in a row and in the week between drove our guide crazy with questions - although he said it was "fun" to work with us and our crazy questions.

Ty

Thanks!

If you think you're driving your guide crazy, I think we've been making ours supercrazy for nearly two years! I don't think regular people analyze this as much as my family has.

If you bought 160 pts and then got the extra points, could you use the extra points for this current year and bank all 160 of your regular points for the following year? That's the only way we'd be able to use them...

:)

Thanks!

If you think you're driving your guide crazy, I think we've been making ours supercrazy for nearly two years! I don't think regular people analyze this as much as my family has.

If you bought 160 pts and then got the extra points, could you use the extra points for this current year and bank all 160 of your regular points for the following year? That's the only way we'd be able to use them...

:)

Yes, they will allow you to bank your new points, even if it's beyond your banking deadlines.
We bought a 160pt add on with the DTD incentive for the owners preview.
We bought SSR and have a Dec UY. We were able to bank all of our 06 points and use our developers points for our Sept/Jan vacations. Since we have a Dec UY, we will get all of those along with our 07 points in Dec.

I understand about being crazy trying to figure out what to do with all of the points. Add that to the fact that we're "thinking" about adding to our family. Trying to figure out vacations 11 months out when there maybe a newborn in the picture makes things more challenging.

We just got a postcard in the mail that said the incentives were good through Aug 31. It did not specifically say that they were only good "in person." It said to call a specific number.

We just got a postcard in the mail that said the incentives were good through Aug 31. It did not specifically say that they were only good "in person." It said to call a specific number.

Once you call the number, you are asked to make an appointment. That is what I was told by the guide at Woodfield.

Yes, they will allow you to bank your new points, even if it's beyond your banking deadlines.
We bought a 160pt add on with the DTD incentive for the owners preview.
We bought SSR and have a Dec UY. We were able to bank all of our 06 points and use our developers points for our Sept/Jan vacations. Since we have a Dec UY, we will get all of those along with our 07 points in Dec.
QUOTE]

SMILLER: Since you would be a new DVC member,one note on the developer points is that even though you have 12 months from closing to use them, but you can only book your reservation at the 7 month window. Also, there are no 2006 points for AKV, only SSR.

SMILLER: Since you would be a new DVC member,one note on the developer points is that even though you have 12 months from closing to use them, but you can only book your reservation at the 7 month window. Also, there are no 2006 points for AKV, only SSR.

Thanks! I hope my family can make this decision soon... :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter