Chicago St. Patrick's Day Parade / Weekend

ski_mom

DIS Veteran
My oldest DD has a friend who asked her last minute to go up to Chicago this weekend for the St. Patrick's Day Parade and parties.

I don't know much about it, but I found the parade route online. If they go, they will take a train and use public transportation to get around. Any suggestions on areas to stay? I'm sure it will be expensive to get a hotel close to the action, but there will be 4 in their group splitting the costs, so that will definitely help. I'd personally rather have them in a good area than saving a little money.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! We go to Chicago each year between Christmas and New Years and stay on the Mag Mile, but I don't even know if that's a good location for this weekend.

Not sure what Hotel to recommend since I'm sure the Parade with only be part of the desired festivities. If $ is flexible, you could find a spot near all those activities. Personally, I'd like to have a room with the view of Chicago River, around Michigan Ave.

Here is an Official Guide for St. Patric Day in Chicago. Explore the frequently asked questions and Parade/River dyeing guide from the side menu

River North, Magnificent Mile, Chicago Loop, South Loop will all be pretty close to the action and are all safe areas.

I’d stay in River North. The parade route is to the south, and there are lots of bars and restaurants there and to the north.

Though I am North Side Irish myself, don't forget the South Side Irish parade on Sunday, St. Patrick's Day itself.

https://www.google.com/search?ei=xc.....0.0..0.0.0.......0......gws-wiz.yAoFnzxBR8M

https://southsideirishparade.org/

Be aware of this new rule added a couple years ago.

ZERO Tolerance
The South Side Irish Parade is a family-friendly event and has a zero-tolerance policy for alcohol along the parade route. It is strictly enforced in accordance with a City of Chicago ordinance which includes fines up to $1,000 for open containers in the public way.

The annual South Side Irish Parade is a great day to spend time with family and friends, both in neighborhood homes and in local establishments. We encourage everyone to celebrate responsibly and help keep our annual tradition a safe, family friendly event. Many Western Avenue restaurants and pubs support the parade, and we hope you will support them in a responsible manner and help us ensure that everyone has a safe, enjoyable parade. Sláinte!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter