Chicago

We've decided on Portillos for a Chicago dog this time, because it's close to our hotel. Al's #1 seems to be the place for Italian Beef sandwiches.
Good choices. If getting a dog, go for the jumbo, more of a good thing. At Al's, for a beef, get the giardiniera, maybe on the side, and/or sweet peppers. Or maybe go for a combo, beef and sausage, a great combination. They are both messy, beef only or the combo, so lean over the plate, don't slop your clothes. :)

Billy Goat, at Navy Pier, uniquely Chicago, though touristy there at the Pier. Made more famous from early SNL. The original is 430 Lower Wacker, pretty much below the Wrigley Building.

https://www.billygoattavern.com/locations/michigan/

Last minute attempt for restaurant ideas.

We've decided on Portillos for a Chicago dog this time, because it's close to our hotel. Al's #1 seems to be the place for Italian Beef sandwiches. DS is choosing the pizza place.

We have reservations at MJs restaurant for a full meal this time. DS was raised to be an MJ fanatic, so we have to take him there.

His friend recommended Quesadilla La Reina del Sur that we have to try to fit in somewhere.

I'd like to find one more uniquely Chicago restaurant that locals prefer & that is close to either the Navy Pier fireworks or Hilton Magnificent Mile Suites. Suggestions?
Ooh, have fun! For some good Chicago restaurants, you could try Pizzeria Uno - it's somewhat close to your hotel, or the Rosebud, if you're interested in something more upscale, and it's right across the street.

If anyone is interested in shopping, you could check out the Water Tower Place (they also have a Lego store and usually have an exhibit of some kind) - and they have a cafeteria that's pretty good if you're looking for variety and something casual!

There isn't much near Navy Pier, but it's got a food court and some nicer places like Harry Caray's, (and apparently, a Billy Goat Tavern stand!)

If you want a cool experience, you can also check out the restaurants along the riverwalk, like Beat Kitchen. They are seasonal, I believe, but they seem to be open now, and should still be open when you visit!

Edit: Portillo's is also a pretty Chicago place! And, when you go to Al's, definitely try the hot dog and fries - they're my favorite! 😋

Eatly is a fun, busy place. Something for everyone. You’re also close to do-rite donuts, one of my favorite places downtown. They have all kinds of donuts, including gluten free and vegan. Yum!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter