"Chicken Exit"

cynzilla

Syringomyelia.....not just a disease, but an adven
Hi, wondering if you guys could answer my riddle......I was told there is a "Chicken Exit" on some rides. I am in a scooter and I would like to see the inside of Tower of Terror, Rock and Roll Roller Coaster, Test Track and SpaceMountain. Is there a point I can go IN MY SCOOTER and then easily maneuver out so my family can ride and I can see a part of the ride? :confused3 Thanks.

Tower of Terror is no problem. I waited with DD, she transferred from her wheelchair into the ride, then I took her wheelchair down the chicken exit (one ride on that was enough) and met her at the bottom. You could easily do it in a scooter.

I think Test Track and Rock n Roller Coaster would be fine too. DD has ridden both in her chair so obviously there is an elevator somewhere (and they are newer, post ADA rides).

Space Mountain, on the other hand, may be hard. It's VERY VERY steep to enter and the walkway is narrow. The worst part, though, is the exit. The only way out is via a moving conveyor belt that has a steep angle to it. DD almost flipped in her manual chair. I would not recommend this one, but the others should be fine and the queues are lots of fun.

Mary

Edited by moderator
moved from another from thread.
they do not allow ecvs in the queue for either space mountain or tower of terror. However, they provide wheelchairs you can transfer to, and the rides do have a chicken exit from load that takes you almost directly to unload, so if you can wheel yourself for a short distance there should not be any problem.

For tt normally i will leave my ecv at load and they will take it up one elevator, across the track, and down another elevator to unload. They could probably do that for you.

Rnrc basically you would bypass the queue and go through the exit.

When I rode Space Mountain last summer, I was using a scooter, and they told me I would have to either go up on my crutches or in a manual wheelchair. Since I didn't have anyone with me to push, I went up on crutches. The ramp was indeed quite steep and twisty. Also, there wasn't much to see in the accessible entrance; all the cool stuff must be over in the regular one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter