Chicken Exits?

Dayzy

Mouseketeer
We are planning our first trip to US and I'm having trouble find the answer to my one big question. My son needs to carry a bag with him that has some emergency medical supplies. In WDW most of the rides have a cubby in the ride to carry the bag on with him or I can go through the whole queue with him and then take his bag and go through an exit. I know from a friend that US rides generally have lockers near the ride queue entrance and all bags should be left there. Is there a chance they will let me through with the bag and then just not get on the ride?
Thanks!

I am sure there are chicken exits at every ride if you ask an attendant. They may be able to let both of you ride, and have an attendant at the end get your medical bag to you. Universal does have a disability access service so I imagine they would have good information about this.

Just a note that if his emergency medical supplies are small enough to fit into a fannypack that has a three point latch, you can wear them on most rides with you. The only exceptions are the gigantic roller coasters, I believe.

You are going to have a ton of fun!

There are medical lockers near the exits for all the rides. When you enter the line, ask them for the medical lockers. There is a TM at those in the ride area medical lockers, that TM opens a locker for you, gives you the key, you all ride together, then go to locker to get your bag before you leave the ride. The TM takes the key from you when you are done.

I was with a family that had medicine that needed to stand up right and was needed if anything happened during the ride.

The TM are all great about ensuring you have the medicine near in case of needing it.

I hope you enjoy the rides and have fun in the parks.

I agree with @Lynne G - there are medical lockers for each ride and the TMs are super helpful. Also, every ride has a chicken exit - they aren't going to force you in the seat and make you ride ;)

A TM at the ride entrance may try to stop you with the bag - explain your situation (either using the medical lockers or waiting in the line as a non-rider) and they will let you through.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter