Chicken & Sour Cream Casserole

SonjaB

<font color=teal>Mrs. SonjaB, if you please, who i
I grew up on this, it's one of my favorite homey dinners. :)

1-3 1/2 lb (or so) fryer, boiled, boned, and cut into bite-sized pieces
1/2 stack saltine crackers
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/2 c. chicken broth
1 carton sour cream
paprika

Grease and oblong baking dish. Crumble the crackers in the bottom of dish. Place the cut-up pieces of chicken on top of the crackers. Mix together the soup, broth, & sour cream, stirring until smooth. Pour over casserole. Sprinkle top with paprika. Bake at 350 degrees until bubbly. Great with just a salad and some warm bread. :)

Mmm - sounds good. I'm putting this with my list of new recipes to try for chicken. Crackers & chicken are not a combination I would have thought of, but it does remind me of what we call Oyster Filling or Scalloped Oysters. They're made with Oyster Crackers - gee, what a surprise.
;)

Thanks for sharing!

d

Sonja -- another good recipe. I love sour cream with chicken. I make a enchilada recipe with sour cream that my kids love. Bet they would love this too.

sounds yummy, I'll definitely try it later this week.

Sonjarella,
This sounds like a straightforward casserole, using staple items, except for the sour cream. I'm going to keep this one in mind. Thanks.:bounce:

Not a silly question, I should have said......8 oz carton.

Ritz crackers or croutons....hhmmm.....may have to try those..... :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter