• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Child dies on Carnival Cruise Ship

So sad. :(

Isn't this the second accident involving those interior balconies? Seems like I remember reading another one - don't remember if it was fatal. I wonder if the doors are less secure on the interior ones - or if people just aren't taking the same precautions with them as with the exterior ones.

Edit: Just took a look over on cruise critic. The ship is not one with the interior balcony cabins...apparently the fall was from the area around the atrium on an upper deck down into the atrium.

Last edited:

So sad. :(

Isn't this the second accident involving those interior balconies? Seems like I remember reading another one - don't remember if it was fatal. I wonder if the doors are less secure on the interior ones - or if people just aren't taking the same precautions with them as with the exterior ones.

Edit: Just took a look over on cruise critic. The ship is not one with the interior balcony cabins...apparently the fall was from the area around the atrium on an upper deck down into the atrium.

The news article wasn't very clear, was it? Perhaps better verbiage would have been to say she fell over an inside railing that overlooked the atrium.

I want to know how she fell -- was she sitting on the railing and lost her balance? Everyone on board must have been devastated.

Oh that's so sad.

Reminds me of the little child who fell at embassy suites in Anaheim. Managed to get out of her room while mom was in the bathroom. So incredibly sad.

The news article wasn't very clear, was it? Perhaps better verbiage would have been to say she fell over an inside railing that overlooked the atrium.

I want to know how she fell -- was she sitting on the railing and lost her balance? Everyone on board must have been devastated.

What I have gathered is they were in the group disembarking today.

Embarkation was apparently delayed as the girl was transported to the hospital and an investigation occurred.

Oh that's so sad.

Reminds me of the little child who fell at embassy suites in Anaheim. Managed to get out of her room while mom was in the bathroom. So incredibly sad.
We stayed at that Embassy suites when my son was 2. He was a runner escape artist too. It was scary because the railings were wide enough apart for him to get through. I wasn't surprised when I read that story and I'm surprised it only happened once.

Very tragic for the family on Carnival. Really strange thing to happen to a 8 year old. Sad.

Since I had children my biggest fear is them falling over a balcony while I am holding them. This is so heartbreaking. I can’t imagine what the family (and those who witnessed it) is going through right now.

I happened upon the article on abcnews.com and they posted pics of the scene, with crew holding up sheets to block the view, but people could see and take pics from the top. I won't post the link to the article out of respect.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter