Child missing in portugal

pat9283

Mouseketeer
if you can pass this on to other people it would be greatly appreciated. I don't even know this child but I have sisters this age and I feel for this child. Please read the info on the link and try to pass it on. She may have been taken by a child trafficing (sorry cant spell) gang and could end up anywhere in the world.

A 3 year old girl went missing whilst on holiday in portugal. She has been missing for 6 days. The police are being widely critizized for the flaws in this investigation and coruption is hampering efforts. Lets try and help find Maddy alive.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/fc/madeleine-mccann.html

Pat Iam in the Uk too...Please post this on the US community board as well . It will get a lot of views there and at this point Maddie could be anywhere.
the more people who see this the better.
i would post it myself but I can't do links.
I pray they find her safe soon.

I can't figure out why the parents would leave 3 children under 5 alone in their room whiel they went out to dinner -- yes, I realize it was in the same *complex*. Here the parents would have the remaining 2 children taken away from them (and they would deserve to have the children removed from their care!!!).

I can't figure out why the parents would leave 3 children under 5 alone in their room whiel they went out to dinner -- yes, I realize it was in the same *complex*. Here the parents would have the remaining 2 children taken away from them (and they would deserve to have the children removed from their care!!!).

I agree, I posted this to help maddie and I bet her parents are going through hell. But I totally agree under normal circumstances the children would and should be taken away. I think the police ar'nt thinking about it because the public seem to be behind the parents and would be outraged by their arrest. It has just been on the news that 3 people are being questioned and an apartment has been sealed off and searched. I really hope they find her at some point. Her parents made a mistake but she shouldnt suffer for it.

Wanted to thank the OP for posting this. Maddie *finally* made international news late last night, she was on CNN for the first time. Unfortunately, she was on because of how much the reward has gotten to. The last I heard this morning is that the police now have one suspect.

Hopefully Maddie will be found soon.

If you hear anything more, please let us know.

She looks so much like my daughter at that age. Mine are 10 & 11 and I wouldn't dream of leaving them alone in a hotel room, even for a few minutes! A few times I went down the hall for ice, soda, etc., and made them use the inside bolt and we had a password. Sounds paranoid? Well, at least I haven't lost mine! My heartfelt prayers for the child and her family!

As a mother and grandmother...I just can't imagine leaving children that age alone...Actually, I was shocked the parents did that...When I expressed my horror to my husband...He said, "That's the way people in Europe are...They will go into a restaurant..and leave the child outside in a stroller..while the parents look on ..watching them through a window.."....Well..I didn't believe him and told him that he didn't know what he was talking about...He kept saying it was their "culture"....:mad:

As a mother and grandmother...I just can't imagine leaving children that age alone...Actually, I was shocked the parents did that...When I expressed my horror to my husband...He said, "That's the way people in Europe are...They will go into a restaurant..and leave the child outside in a stroller..while the parents look on ..watching them through a window.."....Well..I didn't believe him and told him that he didn't know what he was talking about...He kept saying it was their "culture"....:mad:

Hi thanks for standing up for us europieans! Im from england (the same place maddies parents are from) and I wouldnt dream of leaving a child alone like this. I dont know about other countrys in europe but it certainly is'nt our culture! :goodvibes

I didn't think so either! I don't know where he got that information! :confused3 I just don't understand how parents could even think of leaving such little ones alone...I still feel bad for them right now, though...:sad1:

I didn't think so either! I don't know where he got that information! :confused3 I just don't understand how parents could even think of leaving such little ones alone...I still feel bad for them right now, though...:sad1:

I do feel awful fro them because I cant imagine what they are feeling right now, as someone else on another board said may it be a lesson to other parents to think again b4 leaving a child alone. I hope she is returned safe and well. 3 people have been questioned and one of them has been named as a suspect but up until now they hav'nt arrested him, they are just questioning him. He only lived 150 yards away from the apartment she was in apparently. And since the kidnaping he has been acting as an interprator for the parents and police.

Well I remember seeing an old Donna Reed episode where the parents went to dinner and left their baby in a stroller outside the window. so apparently it was acceptable in this country at one time, also. I just couldn't imagine doing that--even if no one bothered her, what if the stroller rode off, or she got frightened, or, whatever? Strange customs!

My prayers for the child and her family, now's not the time to lay blame, just to find the child.

Personally i dont think it is acceptable to leave your children alone in a villa just so they can go out for a meal. They also let their 2 year old twins alone in the apartment - its shocking leaving children of that age alone! They could easily have had an accident!

However this is not the time to lay blame - im sure the parents are blaming themselves and feeling awful for leaving the kids alone. I cant imagine the pain they must be feeling knowing that their daughter has been abducted.

Lets just pray for a safe and speedy return.

Personally i dont think it is acceptable to leave your children alone in a villa just so they can go out for a meal. They also let their 2 year old twins alone in the apartment - its shocking leaving children of that age alone! They could easily have had an accident!

However this is not the time to lay blame - im sure the parents are blaming themselves and feeling awful for leaving the kids alone. I cant imagine the pain they must be feeling knowing that their daughter has been abducted.

Lets just pray for a safe and speedy return.
My feelings too.

I am from the UK and feel so horrifed at some of the replys posted that I had to respond.

We are all entitled to our opions but I strongly feel that this is not the time to be critical of parents that do not have any idea of where their much loved baby girl is. They made an error with the worst possible outcome - do you think that any of you should be sitting in judgement of them at this time?

For the record no I wouldn't leave my little girl alone in a hotel room with her siblings no matter what age or circumstances. But many hotels offer a baby listening service wherby the phone is left off the hook for reception to call in and make sure the children have not woken up - I do not know if this was a service available to them but if it was would the outcome have been any different?

I do not know this family but with a daughter of a similar age I feel deeply moved by what has happened and I do hope that a thread that started out as an appeal for help is not turned into a beating stick against the family.

I'm sorry if I have offended anybody.

the story is on Nancy grace right now and I am not judging their decisons especially when i don't have all of the information. Apparently they could see the door from where they were and they were checking on them often, apparently there was a window on another wall and that was cut and the child was taken out of there.

We heard about this last week in the US

the story is on Nancy grace right now and I am not judging their decisons especially when i don't have all of the information. Apparently they could see the door from where they were and they were checking on them often, apparently there was a window on another wall and that was cut and the child was taken out of there.

We heard about this last week in the US

Hi they actually found that the window was not cut or tampered with at all, they got in through sliding doors into the apartment. They have also shown a arial photo of the area and you would have to have binoculures to see the apartment properly from the restaurant. Some one else on another thread said that they know the area well and it is quite far aparently, And your right they said they were checking on them every 30mins. However, witnesses have come forward saying that they did not leave the restaurant all night.
As of today they have took a convicted sex offender into questioning about it. I hope everything turns out well. I just thought I'd give you a bit of an update as I'm from the uk and we have probably got more info on it because this is where Maddy is from. If you want to follow this up, there is loads of info on www.yahoo.co.uk and then yahoo news. :goodvibes

That's interesting that there are witnesses coming forward saying that the parents didn't leave the resturant all night.

I'm just curious, and I'm not laying blame, but have the parents been questioned? The only reason I'm curious is because in the US, it can appear to be odd if there in only one of xx number of children missing, with no evidence of foul play.

Please no flames, I've just not read anything about her parents being questioned in her disapperance.

That's interesting that there are witnesses coming forward saying that the parents didn't leave the resturant all night.

I'm just curious, and I'm not laying blame, but have the parents been questioned? The only reason I'm curious is because in the US, it can appear to be odd if there in only one of xx number of children missing, with no evidence of foul play.

Please no flames, I've just not read anything about her parents being questioned in her disapperance.

hi, as far as I know the parents were questioned at the beginning of the inverstigation but not since as far as I know. I have only read the thing about the parents not leaving the restaurant once so I'm not sure if it's true. It was in the paper tho. But u know what the tabloids are like. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter