Child Swap/Line Pass question

disneytwincesses

Mouseketeer
We are planning a universal trip in September. Three days at the Universal Parks and one day at Volcano Bay (this is enough to do Universal right?).

My kids will be 12 but hate most high impact roller coasters,so the Hulk and raptor one are out. Like a full blown medical anxiety attack on Space Mountain once. We do have a diagnosis for their anxiety in certain situations.
But they love theme parks and high impact simulator rides (go figure?). They have no issues waiting for my husband and I to ride roller coasters, they are really sweet about it in fact and enjoy the quiet time waiting. I read there is a nice air conditioned room for child swaps, but since they are 12 will universal balk at this or do I need to get a disability pass? How would this work.

We are going to stay at Hard Rock so we will have the line pass. Also any newbie advice would be great. I haven't done Universal in 25 years (I KNOW!) and we do Disney park or Dollywood once a year. We would use our rider swap or fast passes, but this year they are at that 12 mark.

The child swap rooms at UO that I've been in are all very nice, and there's no one that is going to side eye you for any reason. There's so many reasons people use those rooms, like wanting to experience the queue theme but not the ride, etc. You just go through the line as usual with your family and you can just tell one of the staff members that you want to use the child swap and they'll point you in the right direction. Some of the child swap rooms are right next to where you get on the ride (like forbidden journey), others there's still a bit of a wait once you swap (like the velocicoaster.) It's very low stress and a lovely way to experience the park even when everyone doesn't want to or can't experience everything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter