Child with autism

Auercat

Dark Lord of The Sith
We are going on the May 7 cruise to eastern carribean on the Magic. My 4 year old is autisitc. Do you think they would give her extra attention at 4-7 year old club (if we asked for it) or should we try the 0-3 year old room?

thanks!

Robin

Robin - I called them just yesterday. I have a 12 year old with Down Syndrome, and just booked a cruise for next year. He will be 13 by then, so I was afraid they wouldn't let me put him in the 8-12 program. There is no way he'd be ready to be with the teens.

Anyway, they told me that you could "downgrade" age groups, but could not "upgrade" (they can't go with the older group). But he did say "as long as he doesn't need one-on-one attention." So it sounds to me like you have your choice of the 0-3 or 4-7 age groups, but they won't give special attention.

LisaB

Hi Lisa,

thanks for the info! I just posted on an Autism board and a woman said she is doing a cruise in July. They do have a 3-4 year old group which might work. I will have to play it by ear. I am not planning on leaving either my 4 year old or 23 month old very long.

Robin

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter