Children Under 3?

Sophj

Earning My Ears
Hi,

I am a bit confused, it says there are no dining entitlements for under 3's. What do people normally do?

Disney knows that most children under 3 do not eat a full meal. They can eat off their parents plates. You can have an extra plate to so you can share. Or at most buffets they are allowed their own little plate. You also have the option of ordering them anything from the childrens menu if you believe that it is necessary. (out of pocket)

I have been checking this out as my grandson is going for the 1st time and he is 2 months shy of 3. He does not like to share so I will be eating off the little plate :) Not a problem I never finish my meals anyway. We have a couple of buffets so that he will have his own plate there.

Hope this helps.:goodvibes:goodvibes

At buffets, under 3s are free. Most of the reports I've read say that they weren't even charged for drinks for little ones.

At plated restaurants, the assumption is that the toddler will share from a parent's plate, or in our family, an older sibling's. You can order a kids' meal if you feel it necessary, but you'll have to pay OOP for it.

We've found Disney portions to be very sharable, and food sort of gets passed down. DH & I share with DD8, who is interested in trying adult foods, and she shares with DD1 because after trying our meals she's much too full to finish a whole kids' meal anyway. DS11, aka the bottomless pit, is the only one who generally eats his own meal without sharing more than a tasting bite or two.

We went for free dining when dd was two and a half. She slept through our first TS meal, which was Wolfgang Puck Cafe, so when she finally woke up we took her over to McD's for some nuggets and apple slices:rotfl:. Our next two meals were Crystal Palace and Chef Mickey's and we got her a little plate from the buffet and they gave her a drink -- no charge for any of that. Our last meal was at Les Chefs de France and we ordered her a kids meal and paid for it oop since I didn't think she'd enjoy what we ordered (but she could've shared from our plate if we wanted).

We got her a CS breakfast each morning at the hotel and paid OOP -- she's a big breakfast lover so Mickey waffles were a hit.

Hi,

I am a bit confused, it says there are no dining entitlements for under 3's. What do people normally do?

While some people share their own food with the under 3 crowd, we pay OOP for all of our grandkids meals. They don't want our fancy food and prefer their own. The meals are not expensive and kid friendly -- though the choices are slim. Paying OOP is still cheaper than adding them to the ddp and having to buy them a ticket and staying within the occupany of your room limit.

We went for free dining last year when my DD was 18 months and will be again with her being 2 1/2.

I share my meals with either her or my DS who doesn't like most of the kid's meal choices. The meals at WDW are huge both at CS and TS restaurants. I am a big eater and I have never had trouble sharing. Just as for an extra plate at CS restaurants. At buffets, her entire meal, including drink was free. At others, the server will bring you an extra plate and a drink.

Sharing isn't difficult and it keeps us from wasting. You shouldn't have any trouble.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter