• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Childrens Place to give back Disney Stores!!

I'm confused -- if the hiring freeze is still on, then why was I able to hire a new manager to my store? We are liquidation, but even so.. it seems a little strange.

So I'm back from Disney (which was awesome! :thumbsup2 ) and really dreading going into my store. I talked to one of my leads last night and she said the store is maybe 20% full, and all of the remaining apparel could fit on two face outs. Eeeek. :scared:

I'm moving to another store soon, and I'm taking a big downgrade as well -- I've been ASM for over a year, and acting SM for a month now, and when I transfer, I'll be a PT Lead. It's going to be strange...

From what I understand the "outlet" stores are not in a hiring freeze, but all other stores are.

I am at a store that is staying and we were getting conflicting info on what our start date would be. May 1st or the actual day we started. As I started in Sept 2005, I am very concerned because I would like to have the 35% discount this fall and not have to wait another 3 years. Well I signed up for the stock program with Disney last month and they match 50% of your contribution if you have been employed for over a year. I checked my stock statement online today and Disney is matching mine, so I assume they will be using our original start date and not May 1st.

Paul

From what I understand the "outlet" stores are not in a hiring freeze, but all other stores are.

We're not an outlet store. We're a regular Disney Store that is closing (this weekend :(). I hired an old lead back, and she's in the system. Go figure. :confused3

I am at a store that is staying and we were getting conflicting info on what our start date would be. May 1st or the actual day we started. As I started in Sept 2005, I am very concerned because I would like to have the 35% discount this fall and not have to wait another 3 years. Well I signed up for the stock program with Disney last month and they match 50% of your contribution if you have been employed for over a year. I checked my stock statement online today and Disney is matching mine, so I assume they will be using our original start date and not May 1st.

Paul

My Silver Pass shows my hire date as 9/11/05, so I think they must be honoring our actual hire dates.

I'm confused -- if the hiring freeze is still on, then why was I able to hire a new manager to my store? We are liquidation, but even so.. it seems a little strange.

So I'm back from Disney (which was awesome! :thumbsup2 ) and really dreading going into my store. I talked to one of my leads last night and she said the store is maybe 20% full, and all of the remaining apparel could fit on two face outs. Eeeek. :scared:

I'm moving to another store soon, and I'm taking a big downgrade as well -- I've been ASM for over a year, and acting SM for a month now, and when I transfer, I'll be a PT Lead. It's going to be strange...

It's good that atleast your still going to be staying with the company:thumbsup2 . I'm sure it will be really strange for a while going back to PT Lead though. :worried: Do you know when your store is going to be closing? Hope everything goes well for you guys.

I'm in an Outlet store but we haven't hired anyone recently. We have no apps to give out either. I believe we are taking a transfer, but not from a closing store. (How we can do that when we have no hours?) Even if we could hire someone, we have no hours for that new person.

:( :(
I'm in an Outlet store but we haven't hired anyone recently. We have no apps to give out either. I believe we are taking a transfer, but not from a closing store. (How we can do that when we have no hours?) Even if we could hire someone, we have no hours for that new person.

I know exactly how you feel. :(

It's good that atleast your still going to be staying with the company:thumbsup2 . I'm sure it will be really strange for a while going back to PT Lead though. :worried: Do you know when your store is going to be closing? Hope everything goes well for you guys.

We're closing on Saturday. :(

I'm sorry you have no hours,:worried: but I am still happy that Disney is taking transfers from others stores. :goodvibes If my store had been closing I would have wanted to transfer also.:thumbsup2 I have been only getting 3 hours a week for the last month. We have not even added the transfers to the scheduel yet and we are still going to hire the per diems to part time. I do not expect to get more then 3 hours a week for the next serveral months. I never expected that I could make a living working at Disney. I have my full time job in the day and Disney was my fun part time job nights and weekends. I figure this way I can take more trips to DL/WDW and no one should complain when I ask for time off to go:banana:

Don't know if this has been posted or not but originally the Cincinnati store in Ohio was on the list to be closed but the Dayton, Ohio store was not. I was just at the Dayton store today and found out that they are closing as of this week. That means no Disney Stores in Southwest Ohio, nearest will be in Columbus.::(

Don't know if this has been posted or not but originally the Cincinnati store in Ohio was on the list to be closed but the Dayton, Ohio store was not. I was just at the Dayton store today and found out that they are closing as of this week. That means no Disney Stores in Southwest Ohio, nearest will be in Columbus.::(

The store at Florence Mall, in northern Kentucky was on the closing list also. This store is now staying open. If you live in the tri-state area it's probably closser than going to Columbus.

We received "The Call." We are closing June 19. :furious: We were originally told we were going to get a ton of hours. The first week of liquidation and that was pretty much it. Now my shifts are turning into on-calls and I'm not being used. They still haven't told our cast about transfering and now it's only a week away!!:worried:

We received "The Call." We are closing June 19. :furious: We were originally told we were going to get a ton of hours. The first week of liquidation and that was pretty much it. Now my shifts are turning into on-calls and I'm not being used. They still haven't told our cast about transfering and now it's only a week away!!:worried:

I'm so sorry! Is there any way you can call your DM about transferring? Good luck and I hope it works out for you! :hug:

Whether it's she doesn't want to help or can't, I don't know. And we are suppose to be getting another shipment today:confused3

We have the Disney Freeze going on here too. Our DM can't do anything for us.

We too have a hiring freeze, EXCEPT for transfers from other stores. The five people that transfered are already in our sysytem. You SHOULD be able to transfer. I believe that was the reason for the freeze, to let closing stores CM transfer to remaining store.....:confused3 They were not able to do it until their store closed...
Good luck:(

Today's the day. The last day. My stomach is in knots, I haven't been able to sleep all night, and I feel like crying is only a moment away.

This stinks worse than any of the liquidation days put together.

My store is so empty. I have *maybe* 400 total pieces of merchandise left (that's including pins and junky Power Ranger action figures). The whole place echoes. I honestly don't know if we have enough merchandise to stay open all day today. :(

I'll do an update tonight or tomorrow.

Today's the day. The last day. My stomach is in knots, I haven't been able to sleep all night, and I feel like crying is only a moment away.

This stinks worse than any of the liquidation days put together.

My store is so empty. I have *maybe* 400 total pieces of merchandise left (that's including pins and junky Power Ranger action figures). The whole place echoes. I honestly don't know if we have enough merchandise to stay open all day today. :(

I'll do an update tonight or tomorrow.

Please know that I'm thinking about you and your Cast today... :grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter