Chili Recipe HELP!!!!

This is one I love, had the recipe for years. There are a lot of ingredients but it's tasty. It's not screaming hot either, if you don't want that, so the heat is easy to adjust.

Hard Rock Cafe Chili

Ingredients:
2 tbsp oil
1 large onion, chopped
3 large cloves garlic, crushed
2 -1/2 lb hamburger
2 tbsp tomato paste
2 tbsp worcestershire sauce
2 tbsp barbecue sauce
2 tbsp chili powder
1 tbsp brown sugar, packed
1 tbsp soy sauce
2 tsp celery salt
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp ground black pepper
1 tsp seasoned salt
1 tsp instant dried minced onion
1 tsp instant dried minced garlic
cayenne pepper to taste
15 oz. Can tomatoes, chopped with liquid
16 oz. Can red kidney beans
4 oz. Jar pimentos with liquid
1 medium green pepper, chopped
1/4 cup diced celery

Instructions:
Brown hamburger, drain off fat. Cook onion until softened. Add to hamburger. Add crushed garlic. In small bowl combine tomato paste, worcestershire sauce, barbecue sauce, chili powder, brown sugar, soy sauce, celery salt, cumin, black pepper, seasoned salt, minced onion, minced garlic and cayenne pepper. Mix well. Add to hamburger mixture. Bring to simmer over medium heat, cook, stirring 5 minutes. Drain and rinse kidney beans. Add to hamburger mixture along with tomatoes and their liquid. Reduce heat to low. Cook, covered, 15 minutes, stir occasionally. Add pimentos and liquid, green pepper and celery. Cook, uncovered, 5 minutes longer, stir occasionally.

This is my favorite chili recipe. It doesn't take very many ingredients or a long time, but it tastes like a really complex recipe that's been simmered on the stove for an hour or so.

Easy Chili
From Southern Living 1998 Annual Recipes
1 pound ground meat (beef or turkey)
1 onion, chopped (about ¾ cup frozen chopped onion)
1 can pinto beans, undrained
1 (15 oz) can corn, drained, or 2 cups frozen corn (optional)
2 cans chopped tomatoes (use stewed, diced, chili-style, Rotel, or a combination)
1 (1-1/4 oz) envelope taco seasoning
1 (1 oz) Hidden Valley Ranch ranch dressing mix
2 cups water
1. Cook beef and onion in Dutch oven until meat is cooked; drain. Return to pan. Stir in beans, corn if using canned corn, and remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, about 20 minutes.
2. If using frozen corn, add during last 5 minutes of cooking time.
Serves 4-6
NOTE: This recipe is easy to double. If you do, use a variety of beans. You should probably rinse any beans except pintos and navy beans.

I sometimes make cheater chili!
I brown some ground meat, add a can of kidney beans (drained and rinsed) and a can of chopped tomatoes, some chili powder, and then prepared salsa to taste (I use mild, but you can use whatever degree of heat your family likes). If I have time to let it simmer for a while I add some water, but if I'm pressed for time I just cook it for a few minutes and then serve.

This one has been in our family for years.

Cut bacon about one pound up into small peices and brown. Into the bacon( not drained) add chopped onions and green peppers. Cook untill soft. Add ground meat and cooked breaking up into small particles. Add a can of red Kidney beans liquid and all. Then add a can of Tomato soup right our of the can. I also add a little water. Add salt, pepper, chilli powder and gralic. Let cook on simmer as long as you can as it get better with time.

The measurements are according to what you like. If you like more meat then add it, more bacon or less do it. It never has turned out wrong.

Since I orgianlly come from the Phila area, we allways served it with Mashed potatoe's, but now that I live in S. Floirda we serve it here with Rice, and grated cheese.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter