Chit Chat Thread - November ADRs...

I didn't get an email from them. I paid for the subscription last week and used the discount code you posted. Thanks for the PM. In the meantime, I'll go to their website and figure out how to get email updates.

They don't change it weekly. I've been a member a couple of months and have only gotten one calendar change. I think as long as you are following a park you will get an email if they change their crowd prediction. When you set up your schedule you can click on a button that says 'choose park' or something like that. When you choose that park for the day you'll be following it. There's also a button on the top right of the park page that says follow or unfollow I think. I don't think they change predictions often...which is good!

I'm happy to hear this! I have everything I want right now but I'm hoping to move some times around and my scout has been pretty quiet this week. I also set up notifications for a week in September just to see what became available once those people hit their 60 day FP and 45 day full payment dates and I was so surprised that I didn't get many notifications so I was getting worried but you have given me renewed hope :)

I have been watching what ADRs open, comparing what's available at the 46 day mark vs 45 day mark. Nothing really changed for the popular restaurants like CRT, BOG, akershsus, etc. I should also check the difference between 61 days out vs 60 days.

I have been watching what ADRs open, comparing what's available at the 46 day mark vs 45 day mark. Nothing really changed for the popular restaurants like CRT, BOG, akershsus, etc. I should also check the difference between 61 days out vs 60 days.

I set up scout notifications since I have unlimited so I wouldn't miss it if a bunch of stuff opened up at those times and I was very disappointed that I got hardly any notifications. Granted it was for a week in September and all of September is free dining so maybe that is why. Hopefully, the week or so before a bunch of stuff will open up. I just want to move some times around at this point but I would prefer to be finished and solely focused on FP.

I'm seeing more places Pop up here and there, keep trying! Happy to say i am done although wouldn't mind a minor time adjustment here and there on some of our ressies!

I'm seeing more places Pop up here and there, keep trying! Happy to say i am done although wouldn't mind a minor time adjustment here and there on some of our ressies!

I'm the same way...I have everything on our list but wouldn't mind tweaking some times here and there!! Good luck!

hi everyone, I have a few general questions about ADRs, I have a couple set, didn't even know what others to try for, and now thinking might be nice to add a couple.
the rundown: We're going 26Nov-03Dec, with no DDP
our group: DH Me, DS9(turning 10on nov30), DS6, DD4,DS2,DD4mo,DGrandma:)

I'm wondering if upon searching for spots, do you get better results by searching for a time, or a meal? Does searching for a meal(bfast, lunch,dinner) scour through the actual times?
I'm hoping I can somehow get a couple more TS /a buffet or something, to help make it a little more special.
we usually rock the pbj sammiches and eat one meal per day at the parks, be it qs or ts

thank you!

hi everyone, I have a few general questions about ADRs, I have a couple set, didn't even know what others to try for, and now thinking might be nice to add a couple.

I'm wondering if upon searching for spots, do you get better results by searching for a time, or a meal? Does searching for a meal(bfast, lunch,dinner) scour through the actual times?
I'm hoping I can somehow get a couple more TS /a buffet or something, to help make it a little more special.
we usually rock the pbj sammiches and eat one meal per day at the parks, be it qs or ts

thank you!
Definitely choose a specific time, rather than a meal (bfast, lunch, dinner) I've found it seems to give more options that way. Good luck!

thank you!

Good thing is you still have lots of time to get some ADRs that you want! Do you have an idea of what you are looking for or are you still deciding what might be fun?

I typically search for specific times when I know my plans call for a specific time. If I'm looking for any availability I search "breakfast," "lunch," or "dinner." I see @22Tink suggested searching for specific times so she may have had better experience looking that way. I've not noticed any difference with what availability it gives me when there are limited availabilities. For example, if there is only an 8:45 p.m. reservation then it will show up if I search for 8:30 p.m. or dinner. However, I have noticed that when a restaurant has a lot of availability it will not show all times but what I would consider "prime" times. So for example, once I was looking for an 8:30 p.m. reservation and searched for dinner and it gave me 7:00, 7:45 and 8:00. When I searched for 8:30 it gave me 8:30. At least, that's been my experience. I think when there's a lot of availability and you pick "dinner" it will only give you 3 or 4 options but it doesn't mean an earlier or later wouldn't also be available.

Also, when you pick a specific time it will search an hour and a half before and after.

Good luck finding some great ADRs for your trip!!

@loveshak22 and @22Tink thank you! Great info :) I hope we find something more, we do have Whispering Canyon Cafe on our "long" MK day for lunch, but hoping for something fun on the DHS day, because that's DS9-10 bday...we wanted to run him for Jedi Training on his special day, so we're going to have to find something there for food, but I'm guessing QS is going to be all that's left. My trip planning has been lacking what with our new little lady (1 mo old) and the fact that I'm all of a sudden ALSO planning a solo trip (first time too) to DLR for the Tinker Bell 1/2 marathon in May'16. Oh the choices!!

Thanks again I <3 Disboards, don't know what I'd do without them!

Hi! I've looked without success. Does anyone have the November 2015 adr cancellation thread? I can't seem to find it. Trying hard to get a chef mickeys. Thank you.

@loveshak22 and @22Tink thank you! Great info :) I hope we find something more, we do have Whispering Canyon Cafe on our "long" MK day for lunch, but hoping for something fun on the DHS day, because that's DS9-10 bday...we wanted to run him for Jedi Training on his special day, so we're going to have to find something there for food, but I'm guessing QS is going to be all that's left. My trip planning has been lacking what with our new little lady (1 mo old) and the fact that I'm all of a sudden ALSO planning a solo trip (first time too) to DLR for the Tinker Bell 1/2 marathon in May'16. Oh the choices!!

Thanks again I <3 Disboards, don't know what I'd do without them!

Wow!! You have your hands full with that little one!! It's amazing you have time to do any planning LOL!

I think (if you do have time) search as much as you can and I bet you'll be able to get a lunch somewhere at DHS! I would think Sci-Fi Drive in would be awesome with kids! Google pictures and you'll see the inside which is set up like a drive in theater and cars to sit at for tables...the food is OK but it is still a pretty cool restaurant! Or you could try for a Fantasmic package to get reserved seating for Fantasmic that night. Mama Melrose offers Italian a d H&V does a character meal with Jake?? (I'm not 100% sure of the character there sorry...but if you might want to look and see if it's one your son likes)?

Also, follow the November cancellation thread...people post cancellations there pretty regularly!

Sounds like a fun trip and awesome about the 1/2 marathon!! Woo hoo!

Last edited:

I'm doing the 10K...never been to DLR, and haven't run in many months, until today :)
I am still deciphering the lay of the good neighbor hotels and I live in Fargo ND so plane tickets will automatically be...lots. Everything is going fast though, hopefully my running buddy chooses her family's spot soon so I can get my package set.
I'm going to be keeping my fingers crossed for a sweet BB offer this fall for the 2016 wine and dine

Saw this on the News Round Up thread: http://www.insidethemagic.net/2015/...skipper-canteen-to-open-at-walt-disney-world/

Depending on what "late" 2015 means, it could be another ADR option in the MK for us November folks! It will be interesting to see what the menu will look like and if it will be breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I so hope it opens up in early November and I can get a lunch ADR! We'll all have to wait and see!

Although, sadly, my guess is that "late" 2015 means December...maybe even late December. But, maybe we'll get lucky!

So excited to visit WDW November 2015 with my whole family - hubby & kids, three sisters with their hobbies and kids, and our parents! But getting ADRs for a party of 20 people on seven different nights has been a bit of a nightmare :( We are getting close though. I am still hoping my sister can secure an ADR to join my family at 'Ohana, and we would prefer better timing at Chef Mickey's one of the nights so the little ones don't have to wait until 9PM to eat! I read on a post that ADRs might free up once we get to 60 (or 30) days out because some people want to pair their FP selections with their ADR plans. Has anyone had solid experience with this happening? I have already set a reminder for 60 days out and I have two scouts set up. Is there anything else I can do? Is there a chat board where you CAN post your ADR wants?

I called one restaurant directly to make a reservation instead of using MDE. I have two verbally confirmed reservations with this restaurant now, to cover our full party of 20, but they are at two different times. The first day I called, they let me make a reservation for 6:30 PM for 10 people because we had the others in the party covered by MDE ADRs. Then we realized that one sister made her ADR through MDE for the wrong day. So I called the restaurant again on another day and was told that they didn't know the hours for November yet so they couldn't confirm a reservation for later than 6:00. I had to make a reservation at 5:45 instead. How does this happen that two people are telling customers two different things? Should I be concerned that the 6:30 reservation is not really confirmed? Has anyone else experienced this?

So excited to visit WDW November 2015 with my whole family - hubby & kids, three sisters with their hobbies and kids, and our parents! But getting ADRs for a party of 20 people on seven different nights has been a bit of a nightmare :( We are getting close though. I am still hoping my sister can secure an ADR to join my family at 'Ohana, and we would prefer better timing at Chef Mickey's one of the nights so the little ones don't have to wait until 9PM to eat! I read on a post that ADRs might free up once we get to 60 (or 30) days out because some people want to pair their FP selections with their ADR plans. Has anyone had solid experience with this happening? I have already set a reminder for 60 days out and I have two scouts set up. Is there anything else I can do? Is there a chat board where you CAN post your ADR wants?

Sounds like a great family trip! I'm sure amazing memories will be made...but wow! ADRs for 20 sounds complicated...good luck!

There are no threads where you can post want/trade posts. It's not allowed on the Disboards, probably to avoid people manipulating the system or hoarding reservations they don't really want to try to trade...heck, or some jerk even trying to sell them. Posting cancellations is ok because it lets people know you are putting the ADR back in the system, which technically lets anyone have a chance at getting it. Although with coordinating cancellations on here it does help someone on here know when to look.

I feel like ADRs could open up sometime after the 60, 45, and 30 day marks as people have hoarded ADRs waiting to see what they get with FP. At the 45 day mark people have to pay in full and so if they end up cancelling their trip because plans change, ADRs should open up. Although @jani3 posted that she's been trying to check the 45 day mark to see if there are much changes but she hasn't seen any...so it is all a guess. Maybe people cancel their resorts at 45 days and wait some time to cancel their ADRs, since there's no cost to holding them until the point they don't show up.

As for your next post about calling and getting a verbal reservation, did they give you a confirmation number? I've never called before but I'm guessing if you have a confirmation number you are good. If not, call again and ask to speak to a manager to see if he/she can straighten it out for you. Tables for 20 have to be difficult to coordinate so the manager should understand your concern about making sure the reservation is correct. And the manager should appreciate it so they don't have a party of 20 showing up at the wrong time!

Good luck and keep us posted!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter