CHOC Walk

cari12

DIS Veteran
We are arriving Oct. 18 in the early afternoon and I was wondering if anyone knows if DTD will be crazy that whole day. We are staying at DH and were not planning to go to the park until the 19th so the plan was to go to the DH hotel pool and explore DTD - will DTD be packed with people.
Also, will traffic be horrible getting to Anaheim from LAX due to this event. We have not yet decided but are leaning towards renting a car and driving from LAX ourselves and dropping the car off near Disney.

IME it will probably be WAY cheaper to just rent a car and keep it with you until youre ready to fly home. Paying a taxi would be ridiculously expensive and the hassle of switching cars, luggage, etc would be a waste of time and effort. Time = money IMO and Id rather just pay for a third day to keep the car with me than try to turn it in somewhere by the hotel and then rent it again to go back to the airport.

Depending on how long your flight is, she may be tired once you get to the hotel. I think its a good idea to just stay at the hotel and visit DTD in the evening. Maybe tell her you have to go buy something special before visiting the park...like a hat or sweatshirt or whatever. She may still be crazy, but who wouldnt be?! :woohoo:

Sorry, forgot the T in DTD, I meant how crazy, busy DTD will be as a result of the walk?
As far as the car goes - we are staying 4 nights at DH so we were just going to get the car at LAX and drop it near Disney on the same day. Then when we check out we will get another car to go to San Diego for 2 days and we fly out of SD. So my question is, due to the CHOC walk, will traffic be horrendous even though we arrive on a Sunday afternoon?
Any thoughts?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter