Chocolate emporium a complete disaster

davper

DIS Veteran
Just got back from 4 nights at USO. All was great except for one dinner reservation.

We had a 5:15 reservation for the Chocolate Emporium and arrived early with a party of 5. We sat on time. Our order was taken shortly there after. The drinks came and shortly our appetizer came. Everything great so far.

Our food did not make it to the table until almost an hour later at 6:15. Some of the food did anyway. We had to wait for a salad. So our food was getting cold waiting. So after 5 minutes my SIL said to start eating so it won't be cold.
My wife cuts into her filet and it was dry as a bone. It must have been sitting under a heat lamp for 30 minutes. I called for the waitress that after 10 minutes we are still waiting for just a salad and that my wife's steak was dry. She apologized took the steak and quickly returned with the salad and a manager. The manager apologized and said she would make it right.
By this time, I still had not taken a bite of my sandwich. My wife said to not wait and so bit into burnt chicken. I had ordered a fried chicken sandwich that should be golden brown. It was not. It was actually black around the edges. Called the waitress and sent it back. Out comes another manager.

This manager is apologizing profusely and quickly offers deserts for the whole table. I declined because we did not want to wait another hour for food to arrive. He assured me that would not happen. So I accepted. The boy got a cookie shake and I got a brownie shake.
10 minutes later, still no steak or sandwich. But hey desert is here and they screwed that up. They made me a brownie sundae. I sent it back saying it was wrong and I would like to eat my meal first. The boy kept his because he had finished eating some time ago.

The 2nd manager comes back to apologize and quickly runs in to check on the food. He comes out with it and asks us to check. Mine is fine except it had less flavor than the 1st sandwich I had. Maybe it was supposed to be burnt. My wife cuts into steak and it is rare. It was supposed to be medium. At the same time the shake comes out.
My wife is pissed at this point and tells the manager take it away she wants nothing. Manager takes it away.

At this point, I have had a bite of 2 different sandwiches and my wife is starving. I make apologies to my sister and her family and take my wife to get something to eat.

I talked to my sister the next day and she told me it was a parade of managers coming out to apologize. She left a tip for the waitress and left without paying a bill.

How can multiple managers trying to expedite food to one table to make up for mistakes make more major ones?

I think it’s pretty hit and miss. It’s always packed and they probably don’t have enough staff, not that it makes it ok. Similar experience for us in September entrees took a long time to come out. My daughters filet was great but her boyfriend ordered the ribeye medium rare and it came out well done so he sent it back. Again took a while for another one which came out so rare it was blue. By this time the rest of us were finished. I got the steak sandwich which was not great quality, grisly and fatty I just didn’t feel like sending it back.
My hubby and I went last week for lunch and while it was a little slow our burgers were good and waitress was fantastic.

Fingers crossed my experience this Thursday is better. I've been looking forward to going back there for months.

I have seen these issues reported before, especially slow service. We went at 11:15 AM on a Saturday for brunch, it was empty and very fast. I think at the beginning there was 1 table per server, by the time we left it looked like our server had 3 tables he was responsible for.

We had the opposite, but we ate at lunch. Our server and food was great. He did mention he had been working a lot of extra hours because they are short staffed so I can see how it could be chaotic during busy dinner hours.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter