Chocolate Tour

SplashMom

I have a whole new perspective on life!
We are cruising in December and are considering the Chocolate Factory Tour in Nassau. Anyone have any experience with this? Is it worth doing? We have been to Nassau a few times and don't have any interest in any other excursions. We have stayed on the ship in Nassau before as well but are just looking for something different this time.

We wanted to but they don't do that tour on Sundays = so before you get your heart set on that, double check your date. Hopefully it works for you.

We’ve done it with a 5 year old. She loved it and so did we. You get to bring home lots of chocolate goodies including a candy bar you make. Definitely recommend!
We are cruising in December and are considering the Chocolate Factory Tour in Nassau. Anyone have any experience with this? Is it worth doing? We have been to Nassau a few times and don't have any interest in any other excursions. We have stayed on the ship in Nassau before as well but are just looking for something different this time.
th

It was ok, but we had to wait a long time for our tour to start because a group from another cruise was tagging along and it took forever for them to arrive. In the mean time, the kids were impatient and running through the store touching everything and basically driving my wife and me insane. That just kind of ruined the rest of the experience for us. I guess I'm a bit too Type A to operate on "island time"...

My daughter and I did the chocolate factory tour a few years ago and enjoyed it. It's low-key, fairly short, requires no energy, and the chocolate is delicious. What's not to like?

I did have some concern when we re-entered the U.S. and had to answer the customs question regarding what we were bringing into the country. I told the official about the chocolate we were bringing back, and he waved us right on through.

We did this a few years back as well. It was our 3rd or 4th time to Bahamas, we didn't really want to stay on ship. We thought is was great value for the price and had an enjoyable time.

We did it in December and my daughter still talks about it and would love to do it again. The place is small, so it's not much of a tour really. Making and eating the chocolate is the best part. We happened to be on a tour with a group that had done it before. You only get one choice of chocolate (milk, white, or dark). Since they had done it before, they knew this, so we planned together to make sure between us we had all 3 types of chocolate and shared them so we could make some really great chocolate creations. My daughter was the only kid in the entire group and she's quite artistic and had some clear ideas of what she wanted to create. The person in charge of our tour spent a lot of time with my daughter (even getting her extra chocolate) to help her create her chocolate masterpiece.

We wanted to but they don't do that tour on Sundays = so before you get your heart set on that, double check your date. Hopefully it works for you.

Well, I double checked the date and it is a Sunday. It doesn't mention not doing the tours on Sundays. That is disappointing since that was the only tour that interested us. Has anyone else had this experience? Maybe it was just one specific Sunday?

Nope. I just read the additional information and it isn't available any Sundays. Bummer.

Nope. I just read the additional information and it isn't available any Sundays. Bummer.

DCL frequently docks in Nassau on Sundays. The tours are only unavailable if you want to book directly with the company. You can still book through Disney. You will pay a bit more, but that's the only way. We were on the May 4 Bahama cruise and we visited Nassau on Sunday, May 6. We were able to do the tour through Disney. Other cruise lines had reservations after us, too.

DCL frequently docks in Nassau on Sundays. The tours are only unavailable if you want to book directly with the company. You can still book through Disney. You will pay a bit more, but that's the only way. We were on the May 4 Bahama cruise and we visited Nassau on Sunday, May 6. We were able to do the tour through Disney. Other cruise lines had reservations after us, too.

Well crap! That would have been nice to know. Why put that disclaimer on there if it doesn't really apply :guilty: Hopefully SplashMom gets to go and have a wonderful time.

Yayyyy...thanks for that bit of good news! I'll definitely book with Disney...was planning to anyway. It's not until December so I'll update you when I can book it in September!

Well crap! That would have been nice to know. Why put that disclaimer on there if it doesn't really apply :guilty: Hopefully SplashMom gets to go and have a wonderful time.

It is strange that they put that in there. I remember thinking that it wasn't available on the chocolate company's website, but my wife booked it through Disney's website for us and we went on it this past May. Like I said, we weren't the only cruise with the tour, either. I suppose you could 1.) contact the chocolate company directly; or 2.) Call Disney and see if it really is bookable for Sunday port stops (though it is probably 50/50 that you may get the wrong information based on who you get).

This was one of our favorite excursions in Nassau! Our guide was named Coco...not kidding. And she was fantastic! Have a great time. :)

I'm pretty sure you can't book it on your own any time that the Disney ship is in port. I researched it quite extensively before our trip because I didn't want to pay adult prices for my daughter. The times you can book on your own are either days the ship isn't there or times that don't work for the times that the ship is in port. (They MAY do that on purpose!) I had to suck it up and pay the adult price for my daughter, but it was worth it.

We did that a couple of years ago and it was good. We were up early, got out for a small bit of shopping (knew exactly were we wanted to go) and back to the ship for the meet up at 10:45 am or something in one of the lounges.
The choc tour was a short bus ride away, a short tour and history of chocolate making, it was interesting. then the fun... We got to make our own chocolate bars and other pieces. We were back on board early enough to get to the pool and relax about 2.5 hours later.
Note we went right back because we didn't want our chocolate to melt, so we didn't roam around Nassau after the tour.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter