Choosing FP

Anabelletoronto

Mouseketeer
so I am sure my perfect plans will have a wrench thrown in them when the FP aren’t available tomorrow. But lets pretend it all works out perfectly....

Which would you choose? Or tell me why you like....
Peter Pan
Under the sea - journey withLM
Jingle Cruise
Buzz Lightyear Ranger spin

Will we get wet on Splash mountain? We are going in December and I dont want us to be wet and cold all day. But that ride was closed last time so we missed it.

I have watched some videos on each one, but I want more feedback. Even feedback on which ones have worse lines.

We are a family with a 7 year old who loves princesses. We like all kinds of rides except Space mountain.
Thanks in advance.

And then I will make a back up plan.

You will get some degree of wet on Splash Mountain. It all kind of depends on where you sit and what the total weight of the log is on how wet any one individual will get, IMO. I've been damp and I have been soggy underwear wet. Temperatures in December can vary, so even if you get wet, you may not be cold from it. It isn't unusual for temperatures to be in the 80's.

Of those, Pan. You may find the FP FAQ helpful, specifically Post #8.
Oh definitely, that’s why I have 7DMT and meeting the princesses and HM as my other FP. This is a combination of time in line and whether the ride is good. Last time we skipped PP because it wasnt a priority.maybe that’s a good reason to try it this time. But we also missed a bunch of other things too ...

Since likely 7DMT will not be available, or if so late at night which is not great for making 4th FP, I would get PP and plan to do 7DMT at RD. We like to do PP every few trips, but not waiting in line for it. From your list, Jingle Cruise is another good one at this time of year as it has longer waits.

I would RD PP because if you get a FP+ then you don't walk through the interactive queue.
I would not get one for Under the Sea because the line is never too long.
I would get one for JC.
MAYBE get Buzz.

If you want to ride Splash then I'd get one for that.
You didn't mention 7DMT, BTMRR, or Princess Fairytale all but I'd consider getting them for those if they are something you want to do.

Of course you can only choose 3 to start so I'd probably go with 7DMT, Splash, and the princesses since that is something your child seems interested in and leave the others I mentioned for additional FP+ after you use your first 3.

You likely will not get too wet on Splash besides you don't know what the weather is going to be like. It may be 85 out that day.
Personally my family does not enjoy getting wet so we just toss our ponchos on.

I second going on Splash Mountain and just wearing a poncho (can get a cheap one for 1.50 at Target or Walmart) or a rain jacket. I do the same thing on Kali River Rapids. I have a great time on a fun ride and don't have soggy underpants the rest of the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter