Chris Rock Live: Selective Outrage

I like Chris but he’s had better stand up specials in the past on HBO. That said, it was so great to hear him speak about the whole Will Smith thing finally. And his take was spot on! Selective Outrage indeed.

It was also cool to see all the people who showed up for him in person and on tape for this event. He has lots of friends in his corner you can tell.

It was pretty good overall. I could have done without the anecdote about his daughter. Wasn't that funny, but at least he admitted his part in spoiling his kids. Just kind of dragged on too long, though. Otherwise, we found the special enjoyable. Loved his take on the Oscar's slap. He is right on. Gotta give him props for doing that hour without ever taking a break to even take a sip of water. That's impressive with that amount of talking.

I just watched a few clips, going to have to go watch the whole show. The timing is perfect, long enough to be comfortable in addressing, time to process and say what you need without the immediate anger, and right before the next Oscars so now it is put to bed.

I am on #TeamChrisRock and you know I have been a Will Smith fan for many years ~ not a fan of his wife. He deserves much better. But if he's going to do her bidding, be her puppet and behave inappropriately, he takes the consequences. He made a mockery of the Oscars, and the Oscars failed to do the right thing at the moment. Chris was the only one in the whole scene that handled it properly, he deserves his say.

Haven't seen it but thinking about getting Netflix this evening to watch it - what I've read about it sounds good!

It was pretty good overall. I could have done without the anecdote about his daughter. Wasn't that funny, but at least he admitted his part in spoiling his kids. Just kind of dragged on too long, though. Otherwise, we found the special enjoyable. Loved his take on the Oscar's slap. He is right on. Gotta give him props for doing that hour without ever taking a break to even take a sip of water. That's impressive with that amount of talking.
He could remove the dead babies segment and have a REALLY great show. He was hysterical...minus the dead babies. I haven't laughed that hard in a while.

Last edited:
Agree. I had forgotten about that part. I found some of the commentary about that topic to be funny, but not that phrase.
I was crying...I was laughing so hard . That segment was a mood killer. Although "that" phrase drove home a big point. CR has always been a bit provocative. I really enjoyed "Selective Outrage" but " Bigger and Blacker" is probably my favorite special. Chris Rock is a funny man who can really push some buttons.

Last edited:
Couldn't care less. Never liked his standup, though do like him in some movies. The Oscars thing, I don't care about Hollyweird, they are merely entertainers for me in movies and shows and I couldn't care less about anything about their lives.

I thought it was pretty funny, but not his best work. And..he screwed up the big joke at the end. I thought the Meghan Markle bit that took us to Kris Jenner welcoming all comers like the Statue of Liberty was pretty funny...lol.

@SAM _at first glance I misread water...thought you said Walter. I was like whaaat? It's early and I've yet to have my first cup of coffee. I hope it helps! 🤣

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter