Christmas Activities

coachkarr

Earning My Ears
:earsboy: Hello - we go to WDW a few times a year. This is our first time going for Christmas. We will be there for Xmas eve through 12/30. Any recommendations on places that are a must for dinner or lunches. What type of events does disney have going on?

I highly recommend the Candlelight Processional and the Holidays Around the World at Epcot. MVMCP will have ended by then, but all the parks and resorts are decorated for the holidays.

Well, you will be too late to do a Christmas Party, but there will still be plenty of Holiday things to do. The Candlelight Processional at EPCOT is not to be missed. You can purchase a dinner package with reserved seats, which most folks recommend. You will be able to see the Osborne Lights at MGM. Lots of the regular attractions change to holiday themes, like the Country Bears, and those will still be going. All of the decorations will still be up, many people enjoy just visiting the different resorts to see them. We went in early December in 1999 (pre-DVC) and we have VWL booked for 12/18 through 12/26 this year!!! I am getting psyched :cheer2: :cheer2: Have fun planning!

We did a short 2 1/2 day trip last year. It was great! Things we liked in no particular order:

1. Walking down Main Street in the "snow" after the fireworks.
2.The MK Christmas parade.
3. "The Night Before Christmas" performed by Mickey and friends at the theatre in Tomorrowland.
4. Lighting of the tree at Epcot.
5. Candlelight Processional Dinner and Show (works like Fantasmic Dining Package with preferred seating for the show).
6. Country Bear Jamboree Christmas Show.

We did not see the Osborne Lights. The kids outvoted me and wanted to spend the last evening at MK. Guess I'll have to go back for the Holidays another year!

Tooneric said:
1. Walking down Main Street in the "snow" after the fireworks.

Careful catching that "snow" on your tongue too! I think its soap bubbles, but for sure my 5 year old said eeewwwwwwwwww! lol

We love this time of year. The weather tends to be cool enough to REALLY enjoy, people are in great moods, you really get into the Christmas spirit from all the beauty around you.

Tour the difference resorts and see the decor if you have time (eating a different restaurants is a great way to schedule this in). I can't wait to get over to see the GF this year. I recently saw a a travel channel special on the GF and Christmas and it looked amazing!

You will probably have the most "magical" holiday you've ever experienced.

Disney really knows how to have a Christmas Party!!!

Tom

I went last year at Xmas and it was cold and rainy. They canceled the parade at 1 PM. Instead of having to go to MVMCP, you get them at Xmas with the Xmas parade and 'Twas the night before Christmas at the MK. Other than being really crowded, it was nice even though it was wet and cold. WDW and Xmas go together.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter