Christmas and Holiday Greetings, from our home to yours, once again...

We celebrated our Santa Christmas last night. My sister joined us, which made us happy. We watched all our kids and grandkids open their stockings. The fire company drove by blowing horns with Santa and Mrs. Santa. It was fun, relaxed and happy. Today we'll all stay home and enjoy our families. Life has taught us to take the time to appreciate each other and all our ages. The dogs getting excited and losing bladder control, the toddlers cries at being redirected, slobber and snot of teething babies are all experiences to be appreciated because in a minute the toddler will have a toddler of their own and the brother-in-law that was always cranking up the christmas music to ear splitting volume won't be there.

Merry Christmas - Love to you All

Best wishes to you and Marie and your whole family from Eric and I. Your message is spot on and I thank you for it. Here’s to a great, healthy, fun 2024.

My condolences on your loss of Tom. I hope that memories comfort you.

A good number of years ago (well, a lot of years now), I posted these similar thoughts here on the dis, a thought and sentiment, along with photo and song link (the original photo and song link are both long gone now due to website hosting problems years back). Back then I thought it seemed like a pretty photo (still do, wish I still had it), capturing a bit of the spirit, our collective enjoyment of Disney, that originally brought us all to this board here on the Net (some here may remember that photo).

Some have come here, maybe just in the past year or past few months, or others, like myself, many, many years ago. At a time like this, Christmas time, end-of-the-year time, I also think back to all those who are not with us here anymore, some by choice, some not by choice. I think of the many folks from the dis who have passed away over the years. Some well-known, prolific posters, others not so much. but still family, dis family. I miss them all, dearly.

Both then, years ago, and again now, I still do not think I can really say it any better. The greetings of Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, Happy New Year are certainly old, oft repeated. But they are always welcome. So, here it is again for another Christmas. The greeting does get old, like me, but then again, not really, as Christmas and the Season are ageless even though we are all another year older.

We’ve seen posts from our friends here who have lost loved ones, family members or friends, and dis friends over this past year. For me, my brother, Tom, passed away about a month ago. We have had some of our pets go on to the Rainbow Bridge but have given new homes, our homes, to other pets, who now are a part of our families. My condolences to all who have lost a loved one.

We’ve also seen and heard of the many accomplishments of many of us here, our family members, and friends. Congratulations to all. We’ve experienced improvements here on the dis site over this past year and anticipate more improvements to come.

2024 begins in a few days, next week. It will be better. I know I said that also last year in another similar post. It will be. It will be better.

So this year, once again, a wish for everybody.......

Wishing everyone a very Merry and Blessed Christmas, a Happy Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, Winter Solstice, Festivus or whichever celebrations of the Season you, family and friends may celebrate.

Marie and Dan,
Natalie, Jeremy and Christopher,
Vince, Katlyn, Keegan, Griffin and Delaney

View attachment 820136

A Murphy Family picture from our rather large
(about 40 people in 8 or 9 families) annual multi-family Wisconsin trip

View attachment 820162
Marie & me
Jeremy & Keegan
Griffin & Christopher
Vince, Delaney, Natalie & Katlyn

I found another artist singing the very pretty song I have posted here each year

Merry Christmas, everyone!

Dan, I'm so sorry to hear of your brother's passing. I know it's difficult to be happy at this time of year when we have lost someone.
I wish you and your family a Merry Christmas and a great New Year.

Hi Dan, so very sorry for the loss of your brother. I lost my Mom in September so I know the feeling. I wish you, Marie and your family a very happy, healthy 2024. 😊

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter