Christmas at DisneyLand

jordansmomma

<font color=darkorchid><marquee>DebbieLouWho Wendy
I was wondering if Disneyland has a Christmas party like Disneyworld? I am trying to decide where to go Christmas 2007. DL is closer to me than DW but if they dont have the party then maybe i would opt for DW.

I don't believe there is a Christmas Party like at WDW. But there is a Holiday Tour and other fun Christmas stuff that I've read about. Sorry I don't have too much info on Christmas at DL. We are going for our first Christmas at DL this year and I can't wait! :santa:

Laura

:offtopic:
But, WDWINJUNE we were married on the same day! You are so lucky to have been married at Disney. I wanted to have a Disneyland wedding but, it was way out of our price range. I told my husband that my next wedding will be at Disneyland resort. :rotfl2: :lmao: I usually get the stink eye when I say that to him.

I havent been to WDW at christmas, but I've been to DL a few times during that time. They decorate the park, there's a tree lighting each day as well carollers throughout the park. They also had a concert type thing last year with a very large orchestra and choir. I'm not really sure how this compares to the party at WDW.

As the other said, there is no party at DLR like at WDW, but at Disneyland you'll see the following:

Early November: Haunted Mansion & It's a Small World Holiday makeovers * Christmas decorations throughout the park * Dickens carolers on Main Street & tree lighting ceremony each evening * cookie decorating (for a fee) * Reindeer Roundup in Frontierland with Santa in a cabin where you can take pics or have them taken by Disney. There is also a craft center area where you can wait for your pics with Santa & there is cookie decorating there, Christmas shows, and Chip & Dale visit. * holiday day themed fireworks with snow afterwards * Characters dressed in holiday costumes

Week before Thanksgiving (usually): Christmas parade

Disneyland is really nice during the holidays

I’ve never been to WDW during the Holiday but try to make it each year to DL. The decorations are incredible. The tree is beautiful and I think it is the only real tree used in any of the parks so the smell of the tree hits you when you are near it. Plus, the holiday theme-ing of small world and haunted mansion are so festive.

I've been to WDW at Christmas and will be visiting DL for Christmas at the same time.

I did the Christmas Party last year and the only things really exclusive to the Party was Mickey's Night Before Christmas stage show, Holiday Wishes fireworks, the Christmas parade, and all the cookies and hot cocoa you can eat, a free picture with Santa..

It was fun but costs about $50 per person. After the 24th I believe, you can see all this at WDW for free not including the cookies and hot cocoa and the free pictures with Santa. But after the 24th, the parks are packed to the brim with people and their wheeled torture devices.. I mean strollers.

So I think DL is more value for the Christmas atmosphere.. including the holiday versions of Haunted Mansion and It's A Small World. The only holiday layover we have is Country Bear Christmas which apparently won't be installed this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter