Christmas breakfast ideas

My wife makes creamed chipped beef every year for Christmas breakfast. Bread options are toast, english muffins or biscuits.

I love Creamed Chipped Beef. I hadn't had it in years. Then my son came home for a visit a few weeks ago and asked for it. I had some and forgot how wonderful it was! I think I'll be making it on my Christmas morning spread.

Scrapple, giant cinnamon rolls from a local bakery, and sausage gravy or creamed chip beef are our go-to breakfast items.

We always have cinnamon rolls on Christmas morning. Then we open presents, followed by brunch. I also like the idea of a breakfast casserole. I also make a big fruit salad to snack on throughout the day.

Green eggs and homemade reindeer sausage.

We are doing a Christmas brunch this year because we're going on vacation the day after. DS12 is in charge of a hot cocoa bar and DS16 is in charge of a waffle bar. I'm going to make a breakfast casserole the day before and my husband will make a few other things on that day. It's very easy, festive and fun.

- I like the idea of an all appetizer meal, but multiple appetizers will be some work.
- I like to make a big lasagna, which can be put together a couple days ahead and baked on Christmas day. It doesn't require side dishes, and everyone likes it.
- Like many others, I like to make cinnamon rolls for Christmas morning. They have to rise overnight anyway, so -- like the lasagna -- it's easy to do the prep earlier and just bake them on Christmas morning.

Breakfast egg casserole and fruit - get some protein and fruit in you to counteract apps later - if your apps are like mine they tend to be carb and cheese heavy.

I usually make homemade apple turnovers and skillet cinnamon rolls and we have bacon and a French toast casserole.

I recently tried sausage balls made from pancake mix, breakfast sausage and shredded cheddar cheese. They were simple to make and pretty good. I may make them this Christmas morning with some maple syrup for dipping.

Breakfast egg casserole, sausage balls, fruit salad with poppyseed dressing, bacon, Cracker Barrel hashbrown casserole, some sort of pastry like apple turnover or fruit kolache. Mimosa bar with prosecco, orange juice, cran juice, etc. We always do a breakfast buffet on Xmas morning and as people show up they get a plate and then we open gifts. We also do appys on Xmas Eve while we are playing games and watching football and xmas movies. Our family just decided we like to graze and take our time while chatting and relaxing rather than a sit down meal.

We always have bagels, lox, cream cheese, cucumbers, pickled red onion, capers etc. and fruit salad. If you live in a bigger city that would have it, cold smoked sturgeon and black cod (sablefish) are also great smoked fish to put on bagels. And this might be kind of gross, but it's also a meal we often get pickled herring for.

Creme Brulee French Toast...the recipe is on Allrecipes. I like this because you make it the day before and just pop it in the oven in the morning. I add chopped pecans and fresh raspberries (to make it healthy :)).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter