Christmas breakfast ideas

So now that Thanksgiving is over, time to plan for Christmas!

This year is a little different schedule wise with our two boys & their families but it's fine, we're making it work :)

Christmas Eve is always at my brothers. Get together for good food/snacks/desserts, games and Yankee Swap.

The Saturday before Christmas we're getting together with my oldest son, his wife and my 2 grandsons. This year my oldest grandson's year to spend with his dad so we won't see him Christmas Day. Just gonna order some pizza and watch the boys open their gifts!

And for Christmas Day, our youngest son with his fiance and twin granddaughters are coming over later in the day for appetizers/snacks/desserts. I've decided NOT to make a big meal. Everybody was on board so I think it'll be fun/different to do just apps. Anyhow, it'll just be me and my husband here Christmas morning. We don't normally do anything big meal wise for Christmas morning but I was thinking since we're only having apps/snacks later in the afternoon (probably between 3-4pm) I might want to make something special for breakfast.

So shoot me some ideas on what you make?

Roasted Potato with Chorizo Hash! Everyone in the family looks forward to having it.

Our Christmas breakfast probably won't work for you. I've been ordering a beautiful fresh fruit salad from our local produce market for several years now. Not the healthiest maybe, but it's kind of refreshing amidst all the rich holiday foods and we wind up enjoying it.

In your shoes I'd probably have our favorite mix-ins ready for some nice egg white omelettes.

Years ago I went the route of the stratas, the cinnamon rolls, the monkey breads, the overnight French toast, etc. All delicious. Eventually they all just seemed like a lot of work for a meal we either never had an appetite for anyway, or if we indulged we struggled through the rest of the day and sometimes didn't enjoy the dinner I put so much effort into. We're happiest with the fruit salad -- and I especially like the zero effort, zero cleanup part.

We’re doing sausage balls with dipping mustards, a pull-apart pizza, and cinnamon rolls with mimosas, coffee, and bubbly juice for the kids. The post upthread has me wanting to add a biscuits & gravy casserole to the mix, though. :scratchin

I make an overnight egg strata with egg, sausage (or bacon), cheese, milk, bread. I also make cinnamon rolls (easy ones!). I make them both the night before, bake the egg stuff (about an hour) while the rolls are on the stove, then bake the rolls while the casserole sets.

Cinnamon Rolls
1 1-lb. loaf frozen bread dough, thawed

1/2 c. brown sugar, packed
1½ T. ground cinnamon
4 T. butter or margarine

2 T cream cheese, softened
2 T butter, softened
3/4 c. confectioners' sugar
1/4 t. vanilla extract
1/8 t. salt

I usually thaw the dough in the fridge early in the morning – it’s thawed when I make the rolls sometime after dinner. Or just thaw on the counter per package instructions. During the holidays you can sometimes find Rhodes Sweet Bread Dough.

Mix cinnamon and brown sugar in a bowl. Set aside. Roll dough into about a 10 X 14 inch rectangle. Spread dough with 4 T. butter and sprinkle evenly with sugar/cinnamon mixture.

Roll up dough and cut into 8 rolls. Place rolls in a lightly greased baking pan. Cover (I use a warm wet dish towel) and let rise until nearly doubled, about 30 minutes (or you can cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight - remove from fridge in the morning and then allow to rise, about an hour in a warmed oven).

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Bake rolls in preheated oven until golden brown, about 15 minutes. While rolls are baking, beat together cream cheese, 2 T butter, confectioners' sugar, vanilla extract and salt. Spread frosting on warm rolls before serving. I'll often make extra frosting for them, too.
Thanks for this recipe. I’ve saved it and will give it a try this year. 🤗

Every Christmas my dad makes Thomas English muffins and there's nothing better than to sit beside the Christmas tree and eat our breakfast of English muffins. But my favorite holiday breakfast is Egg In A Nest with egg nog to drink with it and this has always been a favorite holiday breakfast of mine. Maybe you should make your family Egg In A Nest for Christmas breakfast and pair it with egg nog as a drink and everybody would love it

Every Christmas my dad makes Thomas English muffins and there's nothing better than to sit beside the Christmas tree and eat our breakfast of English muffins. But my favorite holiday breakfast is Egg In A Nest with egg nog to drink with it and this has always been a favorite holiday breakfast of mine. Maybe you should make your family Egg In A Nest for Christmas breakfast and pair it with egg nog as a drink and everybody would love it
See, Egg in a Nest is an everyday breakfast here. My youngest, in particular, is quite fond of it, and if he's having a slow morning, that's what he makes himself for breakfast. It IS a simple, yet tasty dish, for sure.

Added bonus, the only one in the house who drinks eggnog is me. But, it makes a great French Toast, if you have it handy.

We do a big breakfast every Christmas since we are all adults only one kid that's a teen who loves breakfast. This year it's just going to be me and my parents, so we are scaling it down some but still doing everyone's favorites. The plan is...
Brioche French toast, bacon, grits, sausage, eggs, hashbrown casserole, fresh fruit & fruit dip. Then we just eat on it pretty much all day.

Our neighbor usually sends over a French toast casserole and maple and various candied bacon so we usually eat that (she does it for many neighbors).

Last year my aunt also picked up a dozen Dunkin’ Donuts as well which we finished serving at dessert time

Sorry but beef for breakfast? That doesn’t sound good.
I think creamed dried beef has been around a long, long time and is pretty common. How about steak & eggs for breakfast? That's beef, and not uncommon either. And how about hash? I think traditionally it was made with leftover roast beef, although I think folks use several different meats for this these days.

I've seen all three on breakfast menus for all of my 50+ years. I can recall my grandfather talking about creamed dried beef (he called it SOS as did my other grandfather:P) they served for breakfast on the ship he was on during WW2!

I think creamed dried beef has been around a long, long time and is pretty common. How about steak & eggs for breakfast? That's beef, and not uncommon either. And how about hash? I think traditionally it was made with leftover roast beef, although I think folks use several different meats for this these days.

I've seen all three on breakfast menus for all of my 50+ years. I can recall my grandfather talking about creamed dried beef (he called it SOS as did my other grandfather:P) they served for breakfast on the ship he was on during WW2!
I guess. Have heard about steak and eggs.
Beef just doesn't seem a breakfast food to me at all. Now bacon on the other hand...

Or corned beef hash. Had that this past Saturday with poached eggs, delicious!

On Christmas we usually do fried eggs and bacon, like a normal Sunday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter