Christmas Carol (mostly Muppets) party

Bethislucy

DIS Veteran
Every year we do a Christmas party and it has a theme. This year our theme is A salute to all of Dickens Christmas carols but mainly Muppets Christmas carol. I've been trying to come up with food ideas which is easy if you are doing a dinner, but this will be more party food, pick up food whatever you want to call it. We've got a few ideas such as

Fried apples
Pigs in a blanket
We have Muppets Christmas carol cookie cutters for sugar cookies.
Jellybeans
cheese board

But that is all I can come up with. Do you have any suggestions?

Not sure how you would do it but roast goose. (the one as big as the bean bunny at the end of the movie. :)) vegetable platter for the signing vegetables.

Every year we do a Christmas party and it has a theme. This year our theme is A salute to all of Dickens Christmas carols but mainly Muppets Christmas carol. I've been trying to come up with food ideas which is easy if you are doing a dinner, but this will be more party food, pick up food whatever you want to call it. We've got a few ideas such as

Fried apples
Pigs in a blanket
We have Muppets Christmas carol cookie cutters for sugar cookies.
Jellybeans
cheese board

But that is all I can come up with. Do you have any suggestions?
I love that!

A salute to all of Dickens Christmas carols but mainly Muppets Christmas carol.
That sounds like a lot of fun! What a great idea - we LOVE that movie!

I guess my only suggestion would be to maybe rewatch the scene where they are having the party and see if there are any particular food items? Otherwise I think your menu looks good - maybe some mulled wine/spiked warmed apple cider &/ or hot toddy type drinks or glühwein?

Figgy (did you say piggy?!) pudding (which technically is from their Christmas special... but it fits Dickens, too...)
Grapes
Lobster bites
Veggie platter (carrots, cauliflower, broccoli and radishes all make an appearance with the Ghost of Christmas Present)
Maybe little ham sliders (the pigs at the beginning are talking about lunch after having just eaten...)
Bread to go with your cheese board
Bacon-wrapped chestnuts (isn't Miss Piggy sampling the chestnuts when Scrooge and the Ghost of Christmas Present get to their house?)
Some kind of turkey (sliders? cubes to go with the cheese?)

Maybe some charcuterie?

use some 'boars head' brand meats/cheeses (and maybe incorporate the packaging). suggesting this b/c i've done a production of 'a christmas carol' and attended many that incorporated pre-show/intermission carols appropriate to the era-'the boars head' song has always been included-

The boar's head in hand bring I, (Or: The boar's head in hand bear I,)
Bedeck'd with bays and rosemary.
And I pray you, my masters, be merry (Or: And I pray you, my masters, merry be)
Quot estis in convivio

CHORUS
Caput apri defero

Reddens laudes Domino

The boar's head, as I understand,
Is the rarest dish in all this land,
Which thus bedeck'd with a gay garland
Let us servire cantico.

CHORUS

Our steward hath provided this
In honour of the King of Bliss;
Which on this day to be servèd is

In Regimensi atrio.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter