• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Christmas Carol Train Tour?

Saw it here in St. Louis under the train shed at Union Station. Perfect place for it. We went about 20 mins before opening on a Sat. and after opening, only waited about 6 or 7 mins. The exhibits are great! And the 3D movie preview is AWESOME. And, Yes, since it is Free it is definatly "worth it!! You are, also, given cute little cut out Christmas Ornaments and a cardboard cutout of the Train Engine that can be used as Christmas deco if you want.

I loved it too! We also saw it in Baltimore and only waited about 20 minutes. Lots of stuff to see.

Funny how things are different in each place. There was no food court in Louisville.
We enjoyed it very much. A little Disney here at home.

I saw it in Cleveland. Went early to beat the lines. It was well worth it.

We also visited when the train was in Cleveland and we went early in the day also to beat the crowds. Well worth it!

Here are a few pics:

Picture228.jpg
[/IMG]

Picture223.jpg
[/IMG]

I won't post anymore so I don't spoil it for anyone!

For those who went, how long did it take you to see the entire exhibit? I plan to be there for opening, but I have a class that begins at noon. Will I be able to get through the whole thing in time or will I be really rushed?

Thanks!!:flower3:

For those who went, how long did it take you to see the entire exhibit? I plan to be there for opening, but I have a class that begins at noon. Will I be able to get through the whole thing in time or will I be really rushed?

Thanks!!:flower3:

Once you get into the train 30 -40 minutes. Then the movie preview is 10 minutes. Go early lines can get long!

We went in Boston and waited an hour and 25 minutes; the listed wait time was 90 minutes. It was neat but IMO not really worth that long of a wait. We didn't have any plans for the day and my DS is really into trains so we took the T into the city...but since he's only 2 waiting that long with him was torture since we had to leave the stroller at the 20 minute mark. We also went on a Saturday, late morning, so there were a lot of people around. I'd suggest not going on Saturay or Sunday if possible. DS did get some sweet snowflake tattoos too!

We went to Greenfield Village/Henry Ford in Dearborn ,MI It was interesting . Cool exhibits on the train and the movie looks really good .Should be an holiday classic. We went on a Sun morning, Labor day weekend waited about an hour. Was told there were 3 hour waits the day before.Worth the trip if you can make it.

We did this in Seattle and loved it! Very cool. Snow, special effects on the train, movie preview in a snowy blow up building. Really fun!

Ooooohhhh, thank you for the merge & the info!!

I'm planning to go to the NYC stop, which also happens to be where it ends. :goodvibes

I'm going to re-read through this and make sure I am up on my knowledge.

If anyone wants to tweet, check out the link in my sig! :goodvibes

Is anyone going to the NYC one this weekend? I'm debating for possibly Sunday. Are they going to have the tent setup indoors though since Grand Central is not outside?

Is anyone going to the NYC one this weekend? I'm debating for possibly Sunday. Are they going to have the tent setup indoors though since Grand Central is not outside?

I'm going!, just don't know which exact date yet.

I'm sure they will have something grand inside Grand Central. :thumbsup2

I just got home from visiting the train in Philadelphia. Both the train and the theater are inside the station, so obviously it is possible for that to happen...

The event was scheduled to begin at 9am, and I arrived at 8:45. Carolers were signing in front of the theater, and people were already exiting the train, so I don't know exactly when things opened, but it was definitely before 9am. There was no line, I was in the train and often in cars with only one or two other families. Saw the whole train, mailed myself my morphed face, saw the theater show, and was back on the trolley home by 9:30. So, like WDW, hitting things early avoids lines and makes everything smoother. It wasn't hugely impressive, but it was fun (and Free).

For compulsive planners like myself, if anyone wants to know anything else specific, I'm happy to answer questions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter