• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Christmas Coffee

Kathryn Merteuil

Barden Bella
I know Christmas desserts get a lot of love, but does anybody else get into Christmas Coffee?

I missed out on the Aldi "coffee Advent calendar", but that is OK. I have seen pictures and not all of those flavors looked great. My line up has included:

McDonald's Cinnamon Streusel, the package has a holly leaf on it, so I guess that makes it a Christmas drink :rotfl2:

I also am enjoying the Aldi "maple flavored" coffee, and I really surprisingly loved the Aldi "gingerbread" coffee. I seem to be unable to find more of that, so I am guessing other people liked it quite a bit too.

I also got some brand, I think it was called "Wide Awake"... the peppermint flavor, not much of a fan of that. I drank that stuff up just to get rid of it. I did however like their cinnamon variety.

I like coffee a lot too but not all flavors.
I bought the Aldi coffee Advent calendar last year but did not like all of the flavors; ended up giving some away, OK.
This year I bought a chocolate candy calendar...lol.

I did buy the Aldi Maple flavor this year and love it! I'll have to look to see if they have the gingerbread one and try that.
Not a peppermint flavored coffee person either so I guess not much variety on my Christmas coffee this year. :goodvibes

I know Christmas desserts get a lot of love, but does anybody else get into Christmas Coffee?

I missed out on the Aldi "coffee Advent calendar", but that is OK. I have seen pictures and not all of those flavors looked great. My line up has included:

McDonald's Cinnamon Streusel, the package has a holly leaf on it, so I guess that makes it a Christmas drink :rotfl2:

I also am enjoying the Aldi "maple flavored" coffee, and I really surprisingly loved the Aldi "gingerbread" coffee. I seem to be unable to find more of that, so I am guessing other people liked it quite a bit too.

I also got some brand, I think it was called "Wide Awake"... the peppermint flavor, not much of a fan of that. I drank that stuff up just to get rid of it. I did however like their cinnamon variety.

Let's see. I like peppermint mochas (but only iced or frappe, not hot). I like the chestnut praline from Starbucks, either iced or hot; same wwith the caramel brulee lattes and the toasted white chocolate mochas. Still love my pumkin spice; hot, iced or cold brew. I like gingerbread coffee. Barney's buttery caramel is great. Maple Street Biscuit company has a great brew; they use maple syrup and chocolate for their mochas.

I'd like to try Cameron's highlander grog (rum & butterscotch), World Market's fireside rum,

Not big on cinnamon coffee, hazelnut, or Irish Cream.

We bought a holiday assortment from Maud's that we really liked- especially the Merry Cherry and gingerbread ones.

Also a cinnamon sugar cookie that I can't remember the brand on right now - maybe Green Mountain?

I've always liked peppermint mocha creamer around Christmas, too (not in all of those flavors, but in regular coffee)

I like mint favored coffee but just the flavored grounds, not syrups or additives. I'll also add some cinnamon into coffee around the holidays. I am not really into all the other flavors.

I like dark roast coffee and most of the flavored stuff isn't strong enough for my taste. I prefer flavored creamers. I just finished a bottle of sugar-free caramel brulee and cracked into some sugar-free pumpkin spice. I am really liking Starbuck's sugar cookie latte with almond milk. They advertise it as an iced drink, but I always get it hot.

What do you use for syrups? The standard around here is Torani, but coffee places typically have Monin.

Jealous that your Aldi got the holiday flavored coffees this year. Gingerbread was my favorite last year...with a splash of sweet italian cream creamer.

Starbucks Holiday Blend! I am addicted, even if it's just a cup a day I must have it. I recently flew and had my bag searched by TSA. He was so funny going through my stuff "A French press??" and said he would have to confiscate my Starbucks ground Holiday blend (I thought he was serious at first).

I never have been one to put syrups or creamers in my coffee. (well I did go through that one period of using creamers and noticed I was gaining weight so I quit doing it, but it was brief). I have never tried adding alcohol to coffee... it does sound very good though!

I am kind of sad that I have only ONE ginger bread K-Cup left. As far as I know these flavored coffee things do not have any calories to speak of. They seem to be like a relatively acceptable indulgence for me.

As a bonus, (I think it's actually more of a fall thing) I discovered some Apple Cinnamon tea K-Cups. As a general rule I am not a big fan of tea, but I absolutely love that stuff.

We used to love Trader Joe's "Wintry Blend" coffee -- haven't had it for a number of years. Had cinnamon, peppercorns, and cloves, which sounds "ick" but was really very nice.

DH always buys Caribou Coffee's Reindeer blend, but it's a little dark for me. I did try the Dunkin' Donuts Holiday Blend -- it's new this year -- when I was there a few weeks ago, but I thought it was awful (I think they didn't wait for it to be fully brewed to pour my coffee, so it was stronger).

In general, we really just like plain coffee without flavors.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter