• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Christmas Day Dining questions

KaptKaveman

Mouseketeer
We have stayed during Christmas time in the past but never stayed at Disney World on Christmas Day. Went ahead and booked Whispering Canyon for Breakfast on Christmas Day(wanted dinner but there was nothing available). Noticed that there were certain restaurants doing a "Christmas Dinner" and booked Ale and Compass. My question is what can we expect from this?

The info on the Disney website seems to be lacking in detail and I did a quick search and didn't really find much in the way of specifics. Is this a family style meal? Buffett? or do you just order from the menu? Is the price typically higher than usual(price on reservation page is the same range as Ale and Compass normally displays)? What is the menu typically like if it is Buffett/Family style?

I called Disney today to get any kind of extra info that I could and information seems to be very limited. I called 3x and got very little extra details. The last time I wised up and listened to the whole dining menu and chose "Special Dining Event Information". This last CM was most knowledgeable. She knew there was a special Christmas Dinner at select restaurants and that Ale and Compass was one of them. She did not know if the menu was ala carte, family style or buffet. She also did not know if there would be a price difference from the normal posted price.

I'd make an educated guess if a restaurant normally serves buffet style it will do the same on Christmas Day. There are a few places that serve both buffet, family style, and/or a la carte depending on the day or time (CG, RR(?), Enzo and Maria's Hideway come to mind) so can't say what they'll do on those days. The ones that are not Disney owned may have more information if you call the venues directly.

HTH a bit.

Last edited:

I asked that of all three of my CMs today and they all quoted 15$ - $34.99 which is the price on the website for a normal day. Like you I am assuming this is probably not going to be the case.

I would go ahead and book whatever restaurnat you think you will enjoy if Christmas dinner is important to you. Expect the price to be inflated a bit if there is "special Christmas" anywhere in the description.

I assumed it meant that there would be some traditional Christmas food options on either a buffet or a menu, but not that the whole buffet/menu would change. Personally, I wouldn't be expecting an upcharge. I haven't done WDW on Christmas Day before but have done at DLR, and there was no change in price.

Update for those who might have questions about it next year:

We went to Ale and Compass on Christmas for our dinner. They scaled back the menu that is on the web site a bit and added a "Holiday Plate" which was "Prime Rib Au Gratin Potatoes, Haricots Verts and Horseradish Cream" charge for this was 35 for adults and 19 for kids. This kids were disappointed that the Bacon and Vermont Cheddar Burger(which we have had on previous trips) wasn't on the menu but they "settled" for NY Strip. Neither my wife or I are big fans of the prime rib so we both had the Pappardelle Pasta with Chicken added. Which was very good but very large portion and very rich. We could have shared and still had some left over. The parker house rolls with spreads were fabulous. The waiter suggested mixing the pub cheese and bacon jam and he wasn't lying when he said it was delicious. Another tip he gave us is that if you still have spread left over they will bring you 3 more rolls for No Charge. Not sure if that just works for dinner or if it goes for lunch as well.

Also the lobby of the Yacht Club was very nicely decorated with a model train set. My wife declared it here second favorite resort for Christmas decorations(behind WL).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter