Christmas day excursion or stay on the ship? Cozumel 4 night cruise out of Galveston.

Should we do an excursion Christmas day or stay on the ship for activities?

• Take a Disney full day excursion.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Checking the port schedule, there are 4 ships in port that day, and even Nachi Cocum is open, and they used to be closed every Sunday. We have enjoyed the Fury Catamaran and that includes snorkeling. Chankanaab Park has some okay off-beach snorkeling. Cozumel is not a great snorkel location, but if your daughter liked snorkeling at CC, she will probably enjoy Cozumel.

Waving!! Hi my friend! It’s been a long time since we have posted to each other - hope you and the girls are doing great!!

I can tell you what we did in Cozumel. We did not book anything prior to saing and we could not book anything once on board. We took the advice of posters here and simply walked out over that mall to the taxi line, spoke English with a gentleman and told him we wanted to snorkel. We got in and he took us about 15 mins away to a place! When we told him we only wanted to stay about two hours, he said he would wait for us and he did. There was a small restaurant next door and I think he may have known the proprietors, I seem to recall him speaking to them a bit. Anyway, we snorkeled off the shore. It wasn’t the most fantastic but we saw sea fans and fish. Then he drove us back when we were finished. Was I pretty nervous to get into a cab with DD9 at the time and DH? Yes, I was. But my fears were unfounded. He drove safely on a busy rode, lots of other cars around etc, not down any deserted roads or anything like that. I think we paid about $25 or so and tipped the driver for waiting for us. That was our first DCL in 2013 also out of Galveston! (We walked into our room to see dolphins spinning and swimming out our window - magical!) Just wanted to share what we did in case you want to do something off the ship that doesn’t need to be planned in advance.

I would LOVE to sail with you guys again! Our last one was the Marvel sailing in 2017! Can you believe it? Enjoy your cruise!

I'd choose to stay on the ship but if your DD loves to snorkel, I guess I'd look into any open excursions. Mexico is such a religious nation, I'd almost be surprised if they had excursions open on Christmas Day... that said, tourism is $$$.

Why not do both?
Enjoy the morning activities, then go snorkeling in the later part of the day.
There is a great deal of fun occurring Christmas morning
On my family Christmas Cruise in 2017 Christmas occurred a day at sea. We attended a Christmas morning services in the theater. A Christmas Eve service was offered, but we did not make that activity.
DCL had hot chocolate, cookies, and other treats in atrium.
Snow was falling in the atrium. Santa and Mrs. Claus were in the atrium. Tervis type cups were gifts for children 17 and under.
Families wearing the same PJs\Robes were strolling in the atrium and enjoying the festivities was a wonderful sight.
Hope this helps.

Waving!! Hi my friend! It’s been a long time since we have posted to each other - hope you and the girls are doing great!!

I can tell you what we did in Cozumel. We did not book anything prior to saing and we could not book anything once on board. We took the advice of posters here and simply walked out over that mall to the taxi line, spoke English with a gentleman and told him we wanted to snorkel. We got in and he took us about 15 mins away to a place! When we told him we only wanted to stay about two hours, he said he would wait for us and he did. There was a small restaurant next door and I think he may have known the proprietors, I seem to recall him speaking to them a bit. Anyway, we snorkeled off the shore. It wasn’t the most fantastic but we saw sea fans and fish. Then he drove us back when we were finished. Was I pretty nervous to get into a cab with DD9 at the time and DH? Yes, I was. But my fears were unfounded. He drove safely on a busy rode, lots of other cars around etc, not down any deserted roads or anything like that. I think we paid about $25 or so and tipped the driver for waiting for us. That was our first DCL in 2013 also out of Galveston! (We walked into our room to see dolphins spinning and swimming out our window - magical!) Just wanted to share what we did in case you want to do something off the ship that doesn’t need to be planned in advance.

I would LOVE to sail with you guys again! Our last one was the Marvel sailing in 2017! Can you believe it? Enjoy your cruise!
My oldest still talks about your family and that trip. It doesn't seem possible it was that long ago!

I like this option because we could do it later in the day than when the excursions are usually offered.

Why not do both?
Enjoy the morning activities, then go snorkeling in the later part of the day.
There is a great deal of fun occurring Christmas morning
On my family Christmas Cruise in 2017 Christmas occurred a day at sea. We attended a Christmas morning services in the theater. A Christmas Eve service was offered, but we did not make that activity.
DCL had hot chocolate, cookies, and other treats in atrium.
Snow was falling in the atrium. Santa and Mrs. Claus were in the atrium. Tervis type cups were gifts for children 17 and under.
Families wearing the same PJs\Robes were strolling in the atrium and enjoying the festivities was a wonderful sight.
Hope this helps.

This does help if it is an option. Usually DCL excursions seem to be first thing in the morning which is why I don't want to do that as a first choice. I am planning to make us matching pj's. :-)

This does help if it is an option. Usually DCL excursions seem to be first thing in the morning which is why I don't want to do that as a first choice. I am planning to make us matching pj's. :-)
Have a western Caribbean sailing late October and located 2 excursions that are not first thing in the morning.
CZ15, Cozumel Beach Break, leaves at 10:45.
CZ26, Dolphins Encounter, leaves at 11:35.
Booking your on excursion as carrie suggested is an excellent idea.
Best of luck with the matching PJs!

Last edited:
Have a western Caribbean sailing late October and located 2 excursions that are not first thing in the morning.
CZ15, Cozumel Beach Break, leaves at 10:45.
CZ26, Dolphins Encounter, leaves at 11:35.
Booking your on excursion as carrie suggested is an excellent idea.
Best of luck with the matching PJs!

Thank you. I'm so excited about the pjs!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter