• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Christmas Day in Seaworld

LeaversOnTour

Mouseketeer
Hi All,

I normally linger and Lurk over of the UK disney boards but given me question is Seaworld related am probably going to get a better response here :goodvibes

I hope ;)

We are travelling to Orlando on Xmas Eve and have decided to spend Christmas Day in Seaworld. We are booked in for the Dine with Shamu, which we have done before, but wondered what we can expect on Christmas day, not only in the dine with Shamu but in general.

There are 8 of us going, 2 Grandparent, My and Hubby and our 4 kids, 4, 3, 1 and 12 weeks (at the moment)

Any recommendations?

Many Thanks in Advance

You would probably get more info if you posted this in the Sea World/Discovery Cove forum.

Gina wrote a great report about her day at SW on Christmas Day. You can read it here: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041415

Otherwise, in the evenings, there are special holiday shows and the sea of trees is really something to see.

We are doing Christmas day at Discovery Cove, but SW on Christmas Eve. So excited to see all the decorations.

Personally, I think SW on Christmas Day is Orlandos best kept secret. We had an amazing time there last December 25th.

We arrived about 30-45 minutes prior to park opening, and there was already a small line of cars. They didn't open the parking lots, though, until about 15 to 20 minutes before the park was scheduled to open. The atmosphere, even in the line up of cars, was pretty festive though. Most folks turned off their vehicles, got out, and chatted with each other while we waited. Being Christmas Day, the mood was light and there was lots of goodwill toward men!! :thumbsup2

The park itself was very, very quiet in the morning. Some parts (like the Sea Carousel and the Polar Express) were virtually deserted. If you check out my trip report via the link Lynne provided, you can see there are hardly even any other people in some of our photos. We had free Quick Queue for all of us as we were staying at one of the onsite hotels, but until the mid afternoon, they really weren't needed.

The decorations at SeaWorld during the holiday season are incredible. There are lots of places for Christmas photo ops around the park. The park photographers are out taking pictures in front of the giant Christmas tree at the park entrance, by the large snowman bench outside guest services, with Santa at the North Pole after you exit the Polar Express, and they even have two giant snow globes that you get inside and can have your family pictures taken in. A little known fact is that you can get your photos taken all over the park, keep all the claim receipts, and turn them all in at once at Adventure Photo and get a CD burned of all the photos taken during a 7 day period. Cost us $40 but we ended up with about 30 pictures (one 6 x 8 print is $20....so this is a great deal). They had neat little Christmas themed photo frames (even one specifically themed for the Polar Express) which were only $5 each with our CD purchase, which I thought was super reasonable. Great trip memories for a pretty reasonable cost :thumbsup2 .

By afternoon, things picked up quite a bit and the park was much busier (but still very manageable). They had little Christmas performers that popped up here and there, which were fun to stop and watch. The restaurants all offered a selection of holiday favourites, in addition to the standard entrees. I had turkey and stuffing in a bread bowl that was super yummy from Seafire Inn.

The atmosphere is awesome.....holiday music is playing, you can stroll the Christmas Market and get a Rudolph Shirley Temple or a Snowman (white chocolate) hot chocolate, and the globes of the lamp posts are all redecorated to be snowman heads. The Christmas shows are incredible....I hated to see the Sea of Trees end....and best of all, all the holiday extras are free as part of your regular admission.

I would do SW on Christmas Day again in a heartbeat. It was awesome!

Any other specific questions, feel free to ask :) .

Gina your pictures are BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Thank you! :goodvibes

I loved SW's idea of the snow globe pics. They are just so unique! I am printing those and adding them to our Christmas cards this year :) .

The pictures with Santa (after you exit the Polar Express into the "North Pole") were also among my favourite photos taken on our holiday trip. Santa looks SO MUCH like Santa from the movie, its incredible. And he was awesomely in character, even with "big kids" like us :thumbsup2 . When he determined we were Canadian, we had a jolly ol' discussion about winters in the snow (vs. winters in sunny Florida). Being a resident of the North Pole, he could sympathize with us :rotfl: .

A few more pictures from our Christmas Day visit:

The Sea of Trees:

The giant Christmas tree at the entrance to the park:

What the snow globe looks like from the outside:

The Polar Express (notice the total desertion of this area......complete walk-on!):

Hot chocolate stand, located in the North Pole:

The gorgeous Christmas tree in the North Pole, located adjacent to Santa:

The ticket:

The Polar Express shop:

A few Christmas Day "crowd" pictures:

About half hour after rope drop:

Bridge crowds:

Christmas morning:

Just before 11 am, at Mango Joe's:

Also taken Christmas morning, at Shamu's Happy Harbour:

And finally.....not taken Christmas Day, but rather on December 28th (when we returned to the park to taken in Dine with Shamu):

The Christmas Market:

(And for the record, on this particular day, the park was MOBBED.....and the Holiday Marketplace was the only place aside from DWS, that we could find our sanity :rotfl:).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter