• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Christmas Day Parade - We Made It On!

GatorChris

Not of This World
I had posted a month ago that I got to meet some of the Parade stars from the filming. I was hoping to get a few shots on the program. Instead, we were right in the middle of the action on nearly every parade float that came by!!! I couldn't believe it! Maybe that's why they gave us the Mickey Ears...they knew we'd be in most of the shots.

All my life I've watched the Christmas Day Parade....and this Christmas I was part of it! Definitely my best Christmas present this year.

Here's a few shots....

First, as soon as went from the WDW hosts to the DL host, Jesse Palmer, we were right there behind him, giving a big old Florida Gator CHOMP! (Jesse went to Florida Un.) When that happened, I was getting texts from friends all over the country that they saw us!
upload_2017-12-27_8-37-42.png

One of the coolest was this close-up of the kids cheering on Club Mickey Mouse!
upload_2017-12-27_8-38-41.png

During the filming, they grabbed my wife (with supermodel goodlooks), and put her right in between the co-hosts for some of their close-ups.
upload_2017-12-27_8-39-47.png

Even I got a shot with the co-hosts...with my Mickey ears! By the way, I love the Goldbergs!
upload_2017-12-27_8-41-46.png

You can see where we were to the left of the floats. That's me in the red shirt waving...
upload_2017-12-27_8-43-38.png

Here's another shot with the co-hosts.
upload_2017-12-27_8-44-14.png

And this was my favorite shot....the whole family cheering on the parade!
upload_2017-12-27_8-45-42.png

I even got to be in the shot with one of the special Disney-story families. It was really cool being right in the middle of the action as they opened the gift and then having the hosts decide they were headed to the Tea-Cups!
upload_2017-12-27_8-47-6.png

But this was my favorite pic. It's like it's right out of a Disney magazine....my son looking up at me as if to say, "Dad, it doesn't get any better than this!"
upload_2017-12-27_8-48-6.png

Sorry for all the pictures. I know it seems like a bunch of bragging, and maybe it is. But I just had to share with all my Disney-nut friends! Only you guys can understand what a big deal this is, right!?!?!?!

Attachments

• upload_2017-12-27_8-45-24.png
    upload_2017-12-27_8-45-24.png
    618.5 KB · Views: 13
Wow you got to be near Adam from THE GOLDBERGS (Sean Giambrone) and Paige from BIZAARDVARK (Olivia Rodrigo)! :) Love the screenshots!

That's great!! We absolutely noticed you when we were watching the show! My DD said- "Why are those people clapping like that?", and I said "because they want people to notice them on tv instead of just blending with the crowd" ! You definitely stood out! How fun!!!!!!!

Wow you got to be near Adam from THE GOLDBERGS (Sean Giambrone) and Paige from BIZAARDVARK (Olivia Rodrigo)! :) Love the screenshots!

I KNOOOOOWWWW! The Goldbergs is the best show on TV these days. And to see "Adam"....I got to that spot, said "Whoa!", and Sean looked right at me. I said, "You're Adam Freaking-Goldberg! This is too cool!" And then he gave us that boyish "Adam Goldberg" grin and shrug. Then came over and took pics with us. it was pretty amazing.

That's great!! We absolutely noticed you when we were watching the show! My DD said- "Why are those people clapping like that?", and I said "because they want people to notice them on tv instead of just blending with the crowd" ! You definitely stood out! How fun!!!!!!!

Actually, it was to represent the Florida Gators (Chomp!). But we had no idea how noticeable it would make us in that initial scene. I bet people will be doing the chomp on the TV taping for years to come!

I KNOOOOOWWWW! The Goldbergs is the best show on TV these days. And to see "Adam"....I got to that spot, said "Whoa!", and Sean looked right at me. I said, "You're Adam Freaking-Goldberg! This is too cool!" And then he gave us that boyish "Adam Goldberg" grin and shrug. Then came over and took pics with us. it was pretty amazing.

Actually, it was to represent the Florida Gators (Chomp!). But we had no idea how noticeable it would make us in that initial scene. I bet people will be doing the chomp on the TV taping for years to come!

We totally saw you guys do this! Congrats!!

Oh, this is so cool! I'm glad your family got to be in the shots, and that friends saw you. I love the pics, especially the one of you and your son looking at each other! :earsboy::earboy2:

Oh, this is so cool! I'm glad your family got to be in the shots, and that friends saw you. I love the pics, especially the one of you and your son looking at each other! :earsboy::earboy2:

Yeah, if I could get a sharper image, it would look like something right out of a Disney ad or magazine. A perfect shot!

Wow!! How exciting!! That would have been amazing. You are so lucky :)

That is pretty cool i must admit....we will be there in 3 weeks and i cant wait! especially after reading all these posts & trip reports on DIS:mickeyjum

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter