Christmas decor in the parks ?

Generally, the Christmas decorations are up after Thanksgiving and stay up until around January 3 or so.

Spectacle of Lights has to be up an running prior to November 20th as there is a pin event at MGM with a private showing.

I was there the Monday before Thanksgiving and everything was up. The Osborne lights were also open.

I've onlu been to disney twice so forgive me for asking but can someone explain to me what the osbourne display is?

Originally posted by stevelamb121
I've onlu been to disney twice so forgive me for asking but can someone explain to me what the osbourne display is?

Lets just say you have probably see christmas Decorations but you have never seen this! It makes everything else seem small to me!! I love the Obsourne lights. I hope the new home on NY street is as good as it was in the Residential part. The Music, the Lights, the Atmosphere WOW CHRISTMAS!!!!!!

I know it probably didnt answer all your questions :-)

It is something amazing to see. There are lights everywhere you look. Also the snow falling when it is 80 degrees is great!

Originally posted by stevelamb121
Picture your nextdoor neighboor spending thousands and thousnd of dollars on Christmas lights and you have a good Idea of what the Osborne Lights is. The guy who started it actually set up so many lights around his hom that he had to buy more property for them. Finally his neighbors complained aout the crowds and forced him to shuit it down. Thats when Disney stepped in and got him to set up the whole thing at the MGM park every year. its huge, elaborate, animated and wonderful!

--From the looks of it the buildings are going the be solid lights, much light the houses were on residentual streeet. They have construction walls in several areas out maybe 20' from the sidewalks so it will be intersting to see what is going on behind. The only thing I hate, it's been a tradition to go to MGM on Thanksgiving every year since we've lived in Florida. But this year will be going home to Indiana that week. I guess we'll have to wait an extra week to see it. Maybe stay at a Disney resort and do Mickey's Christmas Party at MK the next night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter