Christmas decorations down yet?

Front living room tree, fireplace garland and stockings down! Along with staircase garland. Tomorrow will be packing those ornaments and getting the Christmas village down in the great room. All of the holiday bedding is being washed, prepped for storage and changed over to white/natural colors. Found some fun pillows today for a new look...while picking up more storage bins. Yeah!

My wife was commenting tonight about how nice it was to have the shopping, and wrapping and cooking of Christmas behind us so we can just sit down and enjoy the decorations.

The housekeepers came today so we had to have the tree down if we wanted to maximize their presence. Plus our plans are to be on a cruise over New Years and the tree has already been up since the day after Thanksgiving and was the very definition of a fire hazard.

I just got all the tubs put away and the tree hauled away.

Ready for Valentines Day!
We put ours all away yesterday and announced to the outdoors that we are ready for summer.

Unfortunately, we currently live close to the Canadian border so we are a FAR way from summer lol.

We put ours all away yesterday and announced to the outdoors that we are ready for summer.

Unfortunately, we currently live close to the Canadian border so we are a FAR way from summer lol.
It has been early summer here. 75-85 the last few days. Walking around this afternoon in the heat and seeing the decorations out just didn’t seem right.

It has been early summer here. 75-85 the last few days. Walking around this afternoon in the heat and seeing the decorations out just didn’t seem right.
Oohh...so jealous...enjoy for those of us in the cold dark tundra lol.

Yes. Almost all boxed up. It started with the idea of getting outdoor stuff in the garage before the big rain hits So Cal. (I like everything dry before storing it.)
Then I decided to just bring in the boxes and put away a few indoor things.
One thing leads to another! My over-decorated Victorian style Christmas is now yesterday’s news. Sure is faster to take things down than it is to decorate.

I’m okay with it. I decorated very early.

I didn't decorate at home but I have a small holiday display behind my desk at work, I will likely get it taken down and put away tomorrow. Today was a busy day.

No way! I could never take it down this early. Still holiday week to me. I usually take it down the weekend of New Years. Growing up we waited until after the 6th. DH had surgery a week and a half ago so it might stay up later as I can’t get things down into the crawl space by myself.

For us this is a religious holiday, so our decorations go up the last week of Advent and are up until after the Feast of Epiphany. Jesus is the reason for the season.
I have to admit this is what we did when growing up.
The secular part is a great enjoyment also, so we love all of it.
Over the top religious, no....but we do lean into the religious holidays of our faith, mostly Christmas and Easter.

Continued happy holidays for everyone!

We took down the 3 trees all the yard decorations lights off the house etc on Sunday. I had to work Monday and we left for WDW / Legoland / universal at 7:30 this morning. I’m superstitious and it’s supposed to be all put up by the 1st. We won’t be back till the 8th so my Sunday was a busy one.

Almost every year there is at least one decoration I overlook and don’t discover it until February. A refrigerator magnet, a small item in the curio cabinet or on the living room end table, or whatever.

I put them in a small basket near the stairs, but it might take another week or two to actually bring them to the upstairs storage room.

When young it was after January 6 . Started to do it New Year’s Day but this year I’m going back to the 6th. Really there is no rush we are retired and have a lot of time to do it or not do it…lol

I put them up over Thanksgiving this year. While I don't look forward to apl the packing up, I do like how open it feels when done. My parents had to cancel their trip last week because DH was isolating. They are coming tomorrow so I will probably take down NY Day unless DD/SIL decide to drive up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter