Christmas decorations down yet?

While the yard decor has been put away, the tree is still up. Due to moving into our new house in early December the only thing that really got put on display was the tree and stockings. The stocking are scattered around the house, and the tree is cozy. Since it's artificial I have no concern about it falling to pieces. I'm thinking that next weekend might be when it comes down. In the meantime we still ahve boxes to unpack.

Wound up taking the tree down on New Year's Eve because we needed the space for all the new toys and books and puzzles that Santa brought. The rest of the house was undecorated the next week; it wasn't much anyway. Outdoor decorations came down the other day before they got snowed on. We are officially Christmas- free until next year.

Everything is down except for a few icicle lights outside. The inflatables and other yard decorations came down a few days after Christmas. Indoor decorations came down right after New Year. I will probably keep the lights on around my porch for a few more weeks. It is so dark and dreary here in the winter and we on.y have street lights on the corners of the block.

I took all the Christmas stuff down yesterday, and I’m packing it up today. I usually do it the weekend after Epiphany.

Just composted the majority of my poinsettias. Reused the yellow/white ones that were in good shape into some of my planters. I have a white gardening theme going on with all of my greenery.

I was going to take the tree down today but just didn’t do it. I did put mostly everything else away although the wreath is still on the front door. I love looking at the tree and hate to see it go back in it’s box every year. Maybe tomorrow……

Was going to leave the tree up until after Jan 16th, as we delayed a Christmas celebration that was supposed to happen Jan 2nd. But, we are in a hot bed of Covid, and my parents wanted to delay again. So, tree came down this afternoon. All ornaments should be packed/ in stairage area by tonight.

Christmas decorations down this weekend. Since we don't anticipate any visitors before Feb. 1 and I was in the basement putting Christmas away, I pulled out the Valentine's Day decorations. Not that there is much of that but a few things and they are out. I miss all the lights already.

Just got the ornament storage stuff we ordered - needed more - so hopefully we can finally put the tree away tonight!

I’ve been working on taking the ornaments off the tree all day. It’s a slow process because I have to not bend or reach too much.

Everything is still here because we generally leave our tree and decorations up all winter. As long as there is a chance of snow or flurries or freezing temperature, it stays. We've left them up until Easter before! I love the ambience, particularly in the dark early mornings and evenings.

The only thing left is DD18’s army of snowmen in her bedroom (she gets a new one every Christmas - they’re about 18” tall). She’ll keep those out until Valentine’s Day ⛄

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter