Christmas Dinner

There's nothing really special on Christmas Day. Some Signature restaurants will offer special desserts or add a special holiday flare to an existing dessert, but rarely are there special meals.

Having said that, we've always really enjoyed Narcoossee's. The service was a little off this time around, but we've never had a bad meal. It's nice, elegant meal that feel on-point for Christmas. If timed properly, you can see the fireworks from the outside deck, which is really nice.

We've also done Cali Grill. The meal is very good at California Grill and the service is top notch. They'll time your meal around the fireworks if you're able to get the reservation.

We also really liked Artist Point, but I've heard it's inconsistent.

Someone mentioned Yachtsman. I agree, but we usually save that for NYE.

Il Mulino is also very good for Christmas Eve (if you're into Italian) and looking to go off the DDP.

Have you considered Monsieur Paul? Haven't been, but have heard wonderful things.

December 2017, we ate @ Kona's for Christmas Eve and Brown Derby on Christmas Day.

We had a full park day scheduled for the 24th (MK in the early morning, brunch @ Narcoosse's followed by a return to MK) so a resort dinner at Kona's made sense to us in a relaxing kind of way. They have a nice assortment of fish dishes simply prepped yet nicely seasoned. Worked well for us since we traditionally eat fish on the Eve.

The food at Brown Derby's was just what I dreamed of for that day. The atmosphere is a bit subdued, the lighting warm, seating and table sizes comfortable. The service was lacking on this visit as it seemed management was trying to milk every table for maximum turnover. Courses were routinely brought out before the first was completed and that made for the dreaded bum's rush feeling on my behalf. I resolved any future possibilities of what I perceive as bad service by politely but firmly telling all future wait staff that I did not want a new course until the older one had been removed from the table and ended that behavior for the remainder of our trip. I chose not to fault the waiter for this and gave him a generous tip on keeping w/ the holiday. I will also point out that the restaurant's reservation desk was a controlled chaotic mess that day as well. The line to check in stretched out to the edge of the awning. We tried to check in 10 or 15 minutes early and were politely informed it was too early and directed to have a seat in the adjoining waiting area where all the chairs were taken, LOL.
I'll return next Christmas but be sure to learn from past lessons.

There were changes made to menus at both restaurants but I think they were mostly seasonal (what's good at the market place) as opposed to special holiday inspired items. The only exception may have been a dessert offering @ Brown Derby.

We had plans to eat at M. Paul's on NYE but it was just not to be. An unexpected guest required an add on to the existing reservation and I couldn't make it happen. Wound up eating from the room service menu @ Grand Floridian and viewing the fireworks from there instead. There's always next year though!

Thanks AUbaseballfan. I think we are going to go with Trails End. We will be staying at Fort Wilderness. I haven't been there at Christmas but imagine it will look great all decorated.

Treat yourself to one of the "sleigh" rides if you won't have a golf cart to explore on your own. And now you have me hungry for the fried chicken at Trails End :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter