Christmas Disney Room

zeitzeuge

DIS Veteran
We've been hard at work decorating for Christmas since we'll be gone to Vail Colorado for Thanksgiving and then our Christmas/Housewarming party is the following weekend. Thought we had better start early.

These pictures are from our Guest/Disney room. We've been collecting quite a lot of stuff, including vintage 1950-1960 Disneyland and needed a place to display everythingl. The Christmas tree has all the 100+ Disney ornaments we've collected over the past couple years. Enjoy!

Christmas%202009%20-%20Disney%20Room%20011.JPG

Christmas%202009%20-%20Disney%20Room%20015.JPG

Christmas%202009%20-%20Disney%20Room%20016.JPG

Christmas%202009%20-%20Disney%20Room%20021.jpg

Christmas%202009%20-%20Disney%20Room%20025.JPG

Christmas%202009%20-%20Disney%20Room%20006.JPG

That is amazing! The entire room is beautiful! :lovestruc I'd love to stay in that guest room. We just get an air mattress on the floor wherever we go! :rotfl:

I also like the framed pictures on the wall over the bed. How fun to find new things to put in there!

Wow! :yay: What a great job you did decorating that room! :thumbsup2 Only problem...if I were your guest I'd never want to leave! :rotfl2:

Wow, that looks really nice! What a great idea for a guest room! I hope you share more pictures as you get the rest of your Christmas decorations up. I loved seeing the picture of last year's tree.

That is amazing! The entire room is beautiful! :lovestruc I'd love to stay in that guest room. We just get an air mattress on the floor wherever we go! :rotfl:

PinkBudgie, I'm going to try to pretend like you're not talking about my house. :rotfl: Okay, so no fancy disney-themed guest room here but we now have a newly painted/decorated guest bathroom the next time you come! And I think it looks pretty good if i do say so myself. :)

Wow, that looks really nice! What a great idea for a guest room! I hope you share more pictures as you get the rest of your Christmas decorations up. I loved seeing the picture of last year's tree.

PinkBudgie, I'm going to try to pretend like you're not talking about my house. :rotfl: Okay, so no fancy disney-themed guest room here but we now have a newly painted/decorated guest bathroom the next time you come! And I think it looks pretty good if i do say so myself. :)

Actually, I was thinking of sleeping in the middle of the family room at my inlaws' house, but now that you mention it. Think what you could do with the loft! Don't you have time to put up a Disney tree in there? :rotfl: Your guest bathroom is always very nice anyway, can't wait to see it.

Love it!!!!!!!! :) I love the posters above the bed, very cool!!! :)

Thanks! Here's a few of the livingroom/den tree.

Oh and the pictures above the bed are prints we ordered from Off the Street (?) at DCA.

4105050768_5d4c75cb35.jpg

4104285369_228b4e97e3.jpg

4104285281_df1825f8d8.jpg

Thanks! Here's a few of the livingroom/den tree.

Oh and the pictures above the bed are prints we ordered from Off the Street (?) at DCA.

4105050768_5d4c75cb35.jpg

4104285369_228b4e97e3.jpg

4104285281_df1825f8d8.jpg

I love both rooms:) I especially like the "snow" effect on the living room tree.

Is that a TRAIN that goes THRU your tree???? How in the world do you do that?

Oh, you're tree looks great! I love that blue-green color! And the train looks really nice. We were at home depot the other day and they had a train going through one of their trees but it didn't look very good. The track was placed way too high on the tree so it made the tree look like it was shaped funny. Yours looks SO much better.

And of course, I love the snow! That's what i remembered from your pics of last years tree. Any tips on how to make it look good for someone (me) who might want to try it? :goodvibes

Is that a TRAIN that goes THRU your tree???? How in the world do you do that?

I've never seen a train go through a tree before! Very clever!

Thanks! You can find the train at Home Depot for only about 30 bucks. Bad thing is that the train makes a LOT of loud choo choo noises and there's no way to turn it off. That's of course if you dont' have someone like my partner who's good with electronics and took the train apart to disable the sound. I'm serious. It would drown out a party. :rotfl:

Oh, you're tree looks great! I love that blue-green color! And the train looks really nice. We were at home depot the other day and they had a train going through one of their trees but it didn't look very good. The track was placed way too high on the tree so it made the tree look like it was shaped funny. Yours looks SO much better.

And of course, I love the snow! That's what i remembered from your pics of last years tree. Any tips on how to make it look good for someone (me) who might want to try it? :goodvibes

Thanks so much. The snow is really easy to do. You just buy bunting in a bag from a hobby or fabric store. Took two bags to do one tree. Just pull out some in clumps, smash is as flat as you can get it and then place it on the branch, pulling and stretching it over the twigs. Really easy. I actually got the idea from watching a Disney YouTube video on decorating your home for the holidays Disneystyle. :)

You can also by the fake powdery snow too. We did that one year. Just took hand fulls of the stuff and spent and hour literally throwing it on the tree after it was decorated. Kind of a pain to clean up, but you just tip the tree and shake it off then we swept it up and put it in bags for the next year. This only works if you have wood floors. :) Carpet not so much.

Thanks so much. The snow is really easy to do. You just buy bunting in a bag from a hobby or fabric store. Took two bags to do one tree. Just pull out some in clumps, smash is as flat as you can get it and then place it on the branch, pulling and stretching it over the twigs. Really easy. I actually got the idea from watching a Disney YouTube video on decorating your home for the holidays Disneystyle. :)

You can also by the fake powdery snow too. We did that one year. Just took hand fulls of the stuff and spent and hour literally throwing it on the tree after it was decorated. Kind of a pain to clean up, but you just tip the tree and shake it off then we swept it up and put it in bags for the next year. This only works if you have wood floors. :) Carpet not so much.

Thanks for the instructions! I might have to try this and see if i can make it look good. Don't think I'll try the powdery snow. We do have wood floors but that sounds like too much work to clean up. The fluffy snow sounds much easier.

I love it guys. My husband won't let me have a Disney themed Christmas. I do sneak a few things here and there. I will get my way MUUUUHAHAHAHAH lol Love your stuff it's beautiful!:santa::santa:

Thanks! You know you can buy some Mickey icon Christmas ornaments and then you can have your own Hidden Mickey's in your tree. ;)

When we were at the mall last weekend I showed DBF the ornaments they had for sale in a 10 pack, told him I wanted them, he rolled his eyes at me. LOL I then showed him the tree topper I want, it's Tink and she lights up, and he really rolled his eyes at me, then he picked it up and said "Ok, I know what YOU are getting for Christmas". LOL I have no doubt I won't get either of them but I would love it. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter