Christmas Gifts for Teens

Here is a combined list of what I have so far for my daughters. This year they have very few items on their lists so I need to think of more items.

20 piece makeup brush set
4 tier clear acrylic makeup organizer
Olay Pro-X facial cleansing brush
VS duffle bag
Mandala wall tapestry
Mandala coloring books
Colored pencils
Nike hoodie
Bath & Body works sprays
Starbucks gift cards
Clothes
Speak up game
Waffle maker
They want hover boards but I haven't decided on those yet. Last year I said no.

So many great ideas...I haven't even gotten started yet. Any ideas for college age kids?
We usually get my cousin a delta gift card. She can use it to come home from school if she doesn't want to take the bus or train for 8 hours. Sometimes she uses it go to Disney. She also asks for Disney gift cards so she can use them towards trips and doesn't have to be too worried about the expense.

My first year of college my mom gave me a box of toiletries - shave gel, razors, toothpaste, etc. I loved it! I was spending my saved money on that stuff so I thought it was a great gift. She wasn't supportive of me going to college so she thought she would upset me by giving me toiletries for Christmas instead of something fun.

I love this board and always get good ideas from it.

I have senior in college and a senior in high school this year (both daughters) and yes, I don't know if there are enough tissues in the world to get me through this Spring but first - Christmas!

The one thing that they're both asking for is LL Bean boots.

As both a mom and someone who works at a college a few ideas:
  • Amazon gift card (text books can be crazy expensive)
  • a gift card to a restaurant close to campus so he/she can take friends out to dinner
  • Gas cards if they have a car
  • Comfy clothes - pj pants, fuzzy socks, slippers for hanging out in the dorm on the weekend
  • A lot of college bookstores have on-line stores you can order from
  • Conversely - college is a great time to start building a professional wardrobe. They have to do a lot of presentations and soon will be doing internships and interviews
Anyway, just some thoughts off the top of my head.

DD16
- secretary desk from World Market (still need to buy a stool)
- lots of books (I order from Scholastic. I also bought several when Hastings went out of business.)
- random Doctor Who and Star Wars stuff (50-75% off at Hastings going out of business sale)
- lunch box (LL Bean sent a $10 coupon and it was on sale. I ordered one that matches her backpack for $10.)
- adult coloring book
- chocolate covered espresso beans

To Buy:
- crepe mix and pan
- bookshelf (I'd love a quality one that can move with her in a few years, but it's not in the budget now. I'm hoping for a great sale.)
- pajamas
- candy and treats from World Market (She loves trying new things.)
- pencil holder/paper organizer for desk

Last year we ordered Skoshbox for her. It was a box of Japanese snack each month. She enjoyed it.

2 daughters in college - one just starting, one finishing up. I won't do a lot of gifts this year since we're taking a family cruise, but a couple of ideas:
My oldest loves jigsaw puzzles. If your young adults have space, this is fun and can be a break from the stress of school. And friends like to help when they drop in. There are lots of fun ones on the market. Also my oldest asked for a crock pot since the weather is getting cooler and she wants to try some soups. I like the idea of a Netflix GC, as well as gas cards or grocery store cards. I'll be getting some casual leggings and/or pj pants for the dorm also. For stockings, I like candies and specialty coffees or hot chocolate packets.

I love, love, love this thread! You guys give such great ideas on unique gifts- things I've never heard of but are so amazing! Here's my list of ideas for my kids.

DD19
Taylor Swift newest fragrance
Mermaid blanket
Record player and couple of albums
Lap desk
Lush gift set
Nintendo 3ds games

DS16
Nike Elite shorts
Computer parts for his computer
Electric razor
Large Craftsman tool box for his room

ll bean boots have been ordered. If they're on your shopping list, it looks like LL Bean is having a 20% off sale ending today.

I was going to pick them up when I went to Freeport, but 20% off + free shipping = a good time to buy.

Anyone have ideas on teen boys? My 15 year old gets more difficult each year. So far all I can get out of him is "cash and gift cards" girls are so much easier I swear!

I got my DS14 a indoor skydiving certificate. Its good for two trips in the skydiving thing and a video of it as well. He saw it in Costco and was so excited. The trips are a minute each, but when I watched what they are doing 2 minutes total is plenty! It was at Ifly and they have locations all over.

I'm joining to find some cool Hanukkah gifts for my 17-year old DD.

First, I'll share a GREAT gift from last year. I got my DD a subscription to the IPSY Glam Bag (https://www.ipsy.com/glambag/). It's $10 per month and she can't wait to open it up. She LOVES every single bag she gets.

Any thoughts or recommendations???
DD 17 has requested a "bluetooth camera". One of her friends has one that will take pictures and then they can transfer it over to their phone to post on social media. I personally don't see the need to have a bluetooth camera when she has an iPhone 6s plus that I think takes great pictures! I did a search on Best Buy and they were between $200 and $300 which puts that a little out of my price range considering the other things she has asked for. Any advice appreciated!!

As far as all my kids (DS 20, DD 17, DS 15) - - anything with the name Patagonia or Vinyard Vines on it is always welcomed. I lucked up and bought quite a few items from Patagonia back a month or so ago when they had a big sale on their website. Vinyard Vines recently ran a pretty good sale but we were a little stretched with the money at the time so I am hoping they will run another one soon.

She hasn't asked for it but thinking about getting DD a bluetooth speaker when the 30% Kohls coupon hits in a few days. I got DS one last year and he surprisingly said it was one of his best gifts. He is in college and said it works out great from making his phone alarm louder to when he is watching Netflix or playing music. I used the 30% from Kohls and it gave me a better deal than anything I could find from other places.

Apple sells cords that will hook from camera to iPhone to transfer pics. The pictures can be sent from the camera to the phone, then easily texted or posted. I got one last year-I think it was about $25-30

I came across an idea that would be practical for DD15 today- rain boots. She doesn't have any and we frequently have chores on the acreage that makes them useful. I found this pair in my price range at Penney's but she wears 6-6.5 and I'm not sure whether to order 6 or 7 (only whole sizes available). A lot of reviews for other boots say size down, but Amazon reviews on other Henry Ferrera boots say true to size or runs small. Decisions, decisions.

DD18 has good old olive green mud boots from the farm store and some old pink/brown plaid snow boots from several years ago, but I thought these looked cute at JCPenney for rain/snow boots at college:

But I can't decide if they are her style or if I like them because they are my style. Are they cool for 18 years old? Also a concern with fit, but at least JCPenney I can return in store. Also, I was getting DD15 the boots to help even out the gift $ so I really don't need more ideas for DD18...but they are practical...

Last edited:
Anyone have ideas on teen boys? My 15 year old gets more difficult each year. So far all I can get out of him is "cash and gift cards" girls are so much easier I swear!
I have 2 teenagers that are as different as night and day and it is hard to think of things for boys! For my 18 year old I'm planning on a gym membership, gift cards to the movie theaters, gas station, fast food that sort of thing, he likes to run so maybe some running clothes and shoes, and a case for his phone we got him for his birthday. He also is a baseball card collector so I think he is going to give me a list of certain things (not sure if I will get him that but maybe). For my 14 year old I'm thinking a new kindle, a "japan crate" type box with japanese snacks, a tripod for his video camera, camera bag.

That probably doesn't help much since all kids are so different!

My DS15 really liked getting a Scentsy last year. I bought one at Target (so not as pricey as the real brand) and he has it on playing games and studying. He was getting into candles and the whole idea of the night hawk burning the house down... Well it was a really good intervention gift!!

He also really likes Bath and Body Works sleep bath gel - Lavendar Vanilla!

Last year I got him the Dr Who Lego set of the Tardis. It is pretty cool.

Does anyone have a teen into art? My DD13 is very into drawing. She draws Disney and Anime mostly. She is asking for better supplies of paper, pencils, markers. I can barely draw stick so I'm lost! Anyone know what I can get for her?

Does anyone have a teen into art? My DD13 is very into drawing. She draws Disney and Anime mostly. She is asking for better supplies of paper, pencils, markers. I can barely draw stick so I'm lost! Anyone know what I can get for her?

I hate to suggest this, lol, but my dd (13) is also very much in to drawing. She had heard about Copic markers from her summer art class and begged for some. They are very pricey, but wow do they look nice! So she's been slowly building her stock using coupons at Hobby Lobby.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter