Christmas Lights on Balconies

CaliforniaDreaming

#1 Grand Floridian Fan/Expert
Has anyone ever put Christmas lights on their balcony? We'll be at BWV for the holiday, and I'd like to decorate. Is Disney ok with this? Also, where do you plug them in at? And, how did you attach the lights?

Thanks! ;)

We did this on our last trip at Christmastime, two years ago. We have seen other people do it and we did not get in trouble or get complaints from anyone. We used twist ties to attach them but I think they had to be pretty long. You could also use string. We didn't want to use tape as that could possibly mar the paint. We plugged in behind the comfy chair that is in the master bedroom but I believe we brought a 6' extension cord. I think we will bring them again this year with an automatic timer so they will already be on when we arrive "home" in the evening.
Maybe we will get to enjoy your lights, too!

For those staying at OKW, there is an outlet on the balcony. The lights certainly make things festive!

Originally posted by CaliforniaDreaming
Has anyone ever put Christmas lights on their balcony? We'll be at BWV for the holiday, and I'd like to decorate. Is Disney ok with this? Also, where do you plug them in at? And, how did you attach the lights?

Thanks! ;)

We just came back from the BWV, and someone with a Boardwalk view had a ton of orange lights on their balcony for Halloween! I thought it looked wonderful, it was so nice to see while walking on the Boardwalk.

Originally posted by wdwendyd
We did this on our last trip at Christmastime, two years ago. We have seen other people do it and we did not get in trouble or get complaints from anyone. We used twist ties to attach them but I think they had to be pretty long. You could also use string. We didn't want to use tape as that could possibly mar the paint. We plugged in behind the comfy chair that is in the master bedroom but I believe we brought a 6' extension cord. I think we will bring them again this year with an automatic timer so they will already be on when we arrive "home" in the evening.
Maybe we will get to enjoy your lights, too!

Did the balcony door close easily with the cord going through it? Also, what color lights would be best to use? And, how should I attach them if we have one of the enclosed balconies?

Sorry to say, though, we'll miss you by a week!

I think we could close the door but not quite all the way latched. We used the clear, tiny lights. Colored lights would be pretty though. That's a good point about not being able to use string on the enclosed porches. I think if you wind up with an enclosed porch, you would have to use tape. Hmmm... One more item I need to remember to bring, just in case!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter